The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If I’ve already bought season tickets and received them through e-mail then I take it I can pick them up today from the shop?

Yes, I picked mine up yesterday.

Edited by malkyshotton

5 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Yes, I picked mines up yesterday.

Is it just a case of taking your E-Mail confirmation to the shop anytime before the season starts and exchanging it for a smartcard type thing ?

2 hours ago, railwayend said:

The above is a great post and pretty much sums up where we are at . A small full time club trying to hold its position in the Championship while doing work on the infrastructure and income streams . What it does highlight is how the important the 1,000 season ticket holders , lottery members and 500 club members are . This is what keeps our head above water and what separates  us from the Alloa's and Arbroath's of the world (no offence intended). These are areas the club and fans groups should be pushing hard at .

What it also spells out if the disaster that was the Talbot game and to a lesser extent the Alloa game ,last game of the season . We pissed away £175K on those two games and lessons must be learned there ....

100% this.

Why only learn lessons from 2 games, I watched hundreds of mistakes over dozens of games, many of them replicated multiple times per game, I watched players being allowed to do the same things game after game with seemingly no desire or encouragement to change.

Is it just a case of taking your E-Mail confirmation to the shop anytime before the season starts and exchanging it for a smartcard type thing ?

They didn’t even ask me for my e-mail. Just gave them my name.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That guy from Clyde has signed an extension.

Another one to score off the list. A bit concerning as we still need five players and other than Doohan nothing seems imminent. 

Another one to score off the list. A bit concerning as we still need five players and other than Doohan nothing seems imminent. 

Let’s be honest he’d have been a pretty underwhelming signing as a replacement for Crawford. I’d like to think we’ll do better than a player from Clyde.

I reckon Doohan will sign just in time for the Betfred and we’ll also get a midfielder in next week. Might even be a trialist or 2 on Tuesday night.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Let’s be honest he’d have been a pretty underwhelming signing as a replacement for Crawford. I’d like to think we’ll do better than a player from Clyde.

I reckon Doohan will sign just in time for the Betfred and we’ll also get a midfielder in next week. Might even be a trialist or 2 on Tuesday night.

Personally I’d like to see us snap up one or two of the better players from our lower leagues. Give them some full time football and see how they develop. Would mix  it up a bit as a lot of our signings come from a higher level. With our budget being cut and continually having to watch the cash flow it’s a way of balancing the books  

21 hours ago, rb123! said:

Was randomly searching us up on twitter to see if there was any signing rumours however came across what looks like another friendly match. Going by something on AFC Fylde twitter we are playing a friendly against them, would take a guess at Saturday 6th July. Not sure if it'll be at the football centre in Largs again like last season.

Correct Saturday 6th July at the Science Parks in Glasgow , again a closed door game for first team players 

13 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I thought the club were supposed to be selling the two BetFred Cup games online from last Monday. Or was it this coming Monday? No sign of them on the ticket section.

Should be on by tonight , guy was in today ready to release to website 

sorry this has had to change due to having to implement a system that provides free tickets for under 12s accompanied by an adult , will be up and running by Monday at latest 

Edited by Robbo63

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Correct Saturday 6th July at the Science Parks in Glasgow , again a closed door game for first team players 

Hopefully someone has a stormer and they dive in with a £100k offer again like last time.  

On 27/06/2019 at 08:33, rb123! said:
On 26/06/2019 at 23:49, clyde_r_us said:
Chris McStay of Clyde to aye I'm hearing

Falkirk and Morton after him aswell apparently, any idea what the development fee will be that is required?

Breaking news....he has decided to stay at the best side in the world