The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Game time on Tuesday ,surely we will have somebody in today . Doubt it'll be Doohan as Celtic have another game on Saturday . More lightly to be left or central midfield unless those are also loans and are currently over seas ....

Is this Blair Henderson of Edinburgh City still contracted ? I'd have thought somebody in the Championship would be willing to give him a shot ,even if he does want to stay part time ...

Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of trialists on Tuesday, that's what happened with Andy Murdoch last year.  As a few folk have said Doohan would be a last minute job after Celtic are home from their tour i'd think - he only signed on the Thursday just before the Betfred started last year so would expect Hare-Reid to play the friendlies again.   Assuming Doohan does sign i'd give Hare-Reid the Tunnocks Cup as well - surely after the last 2 seasons efforts we will use that to play a youth / reserve side to see what they can do. 

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/board-statement/

Huge board statement on the financial performance of the club over the last season, seems like someone reads pie and bovril emoji23.png

Seems we've lost a huge amount of money last season on players bonus payments for our success.

Cameron has probably just expanded more on the main points from the Q&A from the other week so everyone can see it and it’s not just confined to Facebook.

23 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Cameron has probably just expanded more on the main points from the Q&A from the other week so everyone can see it and it’s not just confined to Facebook.

It is a good read as there are a few costs in there that I wouldn't have thought about, so it does spell it out in black and white exactly what the club has to service before offering up a player budget.  No doubt it will be totally ignored by the usual suspects that froth at the mouth about lack of ambition. 

On the point of turnover % for wages, for larger clubs they will have increased travel costs  / larger stadia to maintain / training grounds etc which would probably offset a fair whack. Ayr on the other hand have a small prefab shop, smaller roof coverage that most all seaters etc, lack of regular visits from the old firm hordes smashing up the away end. 

That's actually a very good statement and a good read as said by Hawk.

All very professional, covers all the points raised and at the same time gives a pretty in depth explanation of our current situation.

All said I'm still taking it as a pretty positive statement.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's actually a very good statement and a good read as said by Hawk.

All very professional, covers all the points raised and at the same time gives a pretty in depth explanation of our current situation.

All said I'm still taking it as a pretty positive statement.

Also we've budgeted to run breakeven without any extra help from the directors, something every team should be doing rather than relying on money from the owners.

Unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy willing to pump endless money into the club only one who might is Calvin Ayre and I don't think that we would want him in control, only way Ayr will ever get a big whack of money is by development of players and selling them on who knows one day Ecrepoint or McCowan might be sold for a few hundred thousand.

17 minutes ago, Soapysage said:

Also we've budgeted to run breakeven without any extra help from the directors, something every team should be doing rather than relying on money from the owners.

Yes, this is true.

If we can keep our position in this league, provide entertaining football and keep competitive then that's got to be seen as major progress while standing on our own two feet as it were.

Last season was more than likely a one off, however I'm more than happy to be playing the likes of Dunfermline, Dundee, Dundee United, Morton, Partick etc week in week out as these are all relatively big games which attract decent crowds and can provide a good atmosphere.

We can of course all dream about making that step forward and getting back to the Premier, however the realist in me tempers expectations with our current budget and financial situation but as I say you never know what can happen in the future and right now the Championship is a million times better than playing in front of twenty or thirty away fans in the misery which is league 1.................

I welcome the statement, communication is good and you could be forgiven for thinking the board is mute. 

My favourite bit is the whole... income is different to profit. That was well written not to be condescening. The fact it needs explained is a worry tbh but some of our supporters are tragic basket cases.

Also, wages/revenue ratio of 70% is UEFA's guideline for a club's financial health. So that doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

One of the things that infuriates me is potentially losing Saturday home games to the Tunnocks Cup . We have potentially two (v Dunfermline and Morton) this season. The club statement makes clear the loss in income from home games being moved to midweek.

Hopefully no Amazonian monsoons in Ayrshire or players being too good so that they get called away to international fixtures this season either 😀

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

17 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

One of the things that infuriates me is potentially losing Saturday home games to the Tunnocks Cup . We have potentially two (v Dunfermline and Morton) this season. The club statement makes clear the loss in income from home games being moved to midweek.

Hopefully no Amazonian monsoons in Ayrshire or players being too good so that they get called away to international fixtures this season either 😀

You know what they say ?

You can't have your teacake and eat it.................

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

On the point of turnover % for wages, for larger clubs they will have increased travel costs  / larger stadia to maintain / training grounds etc which would probably offset a fair whack. Ayr on the other hand have a small prefab shop, smaller roof coverage that most all seaters etc, lack of regular visits from the old firm hordes smashing up the away end. 

We also have a part wooden stand from 1924 which costs more to maintain than modern concrete block (relatively speaking at least). The terracing steps have 40 years or so of feet traipsing about them and crush barriers need to be checked and painted regularly. I would imagine our stadium costs take a decent amount out the budget. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, this is true.

If we can keep our position in this league, provide entertaining football and keep competitive then that's got to be seen as major progress while standing on our own two feet as it were.

Last season was more than likely a one off, however I'm more than happy to be playing the likes of Dunfermline, Dundee, Dundee United, Morton, Partick etc week in week out as these are all relatively big games which attract decent crowds and can provide a good atmosphere.

We can of course all dream about making that step forward and getting back to the Premier, however the realist in me tempers expectations with our current budget and financial situation but as I say you never know what can happen in the future and right now the Championship is a million times better than playing in front of twenty or thirty away fans in the misery which is league 1.................

The above is a great post and pretty much sums up where we are at . A small full time club trying to hold its position in the Championship while doing work on the infrastructure and income streams . What it does highlight is how the important the 1,000 season ticket holders , lottery members and 500 club members are . This is what keeps our head above water and what separates  us from the Alloa's and Arbroath's of the world (no offence intended). These are areas the club and fans groups should be pushing hard at .

What it also spells out if the disaster that was the Talbot game and to a lesser extent the Alloa game ,last game of the season . We pissed away £175K on those two games and lessons must be learned there ....

At the end of the day we haven't been in the top flight in my lifetime and I'm no spring chicken any more, any person who thinks we should be challenging for promotion every season at the moment is overly optimistic last season was great and hopefully we are there and thereabouts in the fight for playoffs but we need to establish ourselves in the championship we can't continue being a yo yo team to me that's the priority just now let's stay here play good football hopefully unearth some more McCowans, Shanklands and Roses and if we have a great season who knows whare we end up.