D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not sure Yinited would be a great destination at the moment. 

Their best striker, Safranko kept getting stuck out wide with an out of sorts Osman Sow trunding about up top.

Might simply be a case that the bigger teams were put off by the post injury form - he only scored 2 goals from open play from Xmas onwards I think.  

Anyway, he's gone and we wish him all the best but time to concentrate on the future.

That's the ST purchased for next season so another £260 in the kitty.

Steady Callum son . I know but they’re still a bigger club . Check out their history . Then have a look at their fan base, ground , ex-players and internationalists etc and honours . Just saying i think they’re a bigger club . Only my opinion , doesn’t make me an uneducated troll .

I'm just waiting for a breaking story from the sun today about Shankland making an astonishing u-turn and potentially heading back to Ayr as McCall makes a last chance saloon contract offer to re-sign him.

5 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Steady Callum son . I know but they’re still a bigger club . Check out their history . Then have a look at their fan base, ground , ex-players and internationalists etc and honours . Just saying i think they’re a bigger club . Only my opinion , doesn’t make me an uneducated troll .

It does make you a tiresome jobby though

Would you class Dunfermline as a big club? 
In Premiership terms I'd lump them, Dundee Untied, along side Kilmarnock / Motherwell in term of current size. 

You clearly don't think Lachlan has an ambition going by that post, what makes you think he is happy just hovering around the championship / top league 1? I've seen genuine progress since McCall came in and they club is in the best shape its been in for as long as I can remember.

Hmmm would say we are bigger than Motherwell and Killie tbh. Currently in the championship or not. Our history and support size surpasses these clubs easily.

Is there more tiresome chat on P&B than talking about what makes one club bigger than another?

Aye , yous are a bigger club than us . Shankland will score yous a barrel load with full-time training etc

54 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would sign for Ayr because I’m an Ayr supporter. Quite simple really.

Signing for any club in this league is a waste of time for him regardless of who they are. Dundee Utd being a bigger club is completely irrelevant.

If he has ambitions for himself and to progress his career and become a better player then he won’t sign for Dundee Utd.

I think that the majority of players are missionaries nowadays, and money talks     

Let’s be honest here, yinitit are the biggest team in this league, and will likely offer the best wages at this level. Unless a team from a higher league (assuming they will pay a higher rate) come in, yinitit are likely the best option for him.  The laddie could get a career ending injury at any point, so why risk that for less cash than you could maybe get elsewhere? 

Is there more tiresome chat on P&B than talking about what makes one club bigger than another?

Aye , yous are a bigger club than us . Shankland will score yous a barrel load with full-time training etc

It appears so

I think that the majority of players are missionaries nowadays, and money talks     
Let’s be honest here, yinitit are the biggest team in this league, and will likely offer the best wages at this level. Unless a team from a higher league (assuming they will pay a higher rate) come in, yinitit are likely the best option for him.  The laddie could get a career ending injury at any point, so why risk that for less cash than you could maybe get elsewhere? 

Except there are teams in a higher league after him.

If Dundee Utd were the only option then fair enough but if he picks them over a Sunderland or a Portsmouth then he’s taking the easy way out.

This is all becoming rather tiresome.

Shankland has gone and it's up to him who he now signs for. Yes, it would be nice to see him go on and do it at the highest level, however if Dundee Utd are offering him the best package and are showing ambition then who are we to argue.

There's also little doubt that Dundee Utd are a far bigger club than Ayr and I'm sure they'll be favourites to win the league.

As I say, time to move on...............

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Dundee Utd were the only option then fair enough but if he picks them over a Sunderland or a Portsmouth then he’s taking the easy way out.

If he pick them over Sunderland or Portsmouth, then he is a total buffoon. 

Fucking hell, still coming out with the full time training chat.

AYR. ARE. FULL. TIME.

Put on ignore and move on.

Hawlino why are you even on this forum???? Ayr ARE full time.... Shankland has left.... MOVE ON.... support your local team wherever you are no matter HOW BIG they are...... 

now let's move on and chat about future and possible signings etc......... 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton

Youve said it yourself Djaffo. We get Shankland we win the league easily. So one more year in this league then we will be in the prem and looking to be top six like we were for so many years before that dreadful season when we were relegated.

So one more year in the championship wont be that bad for him really.