The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Youve said it yourself Djaffo. We get Shankland we win the league easily. So one more year in this league then we will be in the prem and looking to be top six like we were for so many years before that dreadful season when we were relegated.

So one more year in the championship wont be that bad for him really.

Considering he looked like a league two player from January to May I'm not sold on this.  

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:
6 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:
Think so. Seems pretty basic to get the required permission before constructing something. 

Were you for a lot of last season though I think so why is there just a problem now?

Not sure, assume it's because the safety certificate is issued every summer and this is the first time it's been reviewed since they were built.

Shankland will be found out this season. His true performance level was seen after Christmas, and he will end up on the bench at a bigger club. 

You can call me Suzan if it isn’t so.  

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

According to the most recent agenda of the South Ayrshire Council Regulatory Panel for Licensing, the club did not seek a Building Warrant for the construction of the external stairs to the Main Stand and the stairs are currently Non-Compliant. If they don't rectify this prior to the new Safety Certificate being issued on 1st July, then part or all of the stand could be closed.

Pretty amateurish really.

Thank God I bought my ST for the Terracing................

Shankland will be found out this season. His true performance level was seen after Christmas, and he will end up on the bench at a bigger club. 

His form post Christmas was more down to his fitness levels rather than “his true performance levels”.

27 minutes ago, P475 said:

That is a possibility if he goes back to pre Ayr form. Equally he could kick on and win a Scotland place if he proves  himself in a decent league. Should be looking for a team where he will get a game most weeks whilst maximising his earning potential. A decent move could set him up for life so Dundee Utd should be the last offer he considers unless Falkirk are also trying

Edited by AyrExile

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

That is a possibility if he goes back to pre Ayr form. Equally he could kick on and win a Scotland place if he proves  himself in a decent league. Should be looking for a team where he will get a game most weeks whilst maximising his earning potential. A decent move could set him up for life so Dundee Utd should be the last offer he considers unless Falkirk are also trying

Us. Can come with his pal Crawford :D 

In all seriousness, look at the moves half our team are getting from one half decent Premiership season. We absolutely cannot compete financially but one season here with us and he could f**k off to Hearts/QPR 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

In all seriousness, look at the moves half our team are getting from one half decent Premiership season. We absolutely cannot compete financially but one season here with us and he could f**k off to Hearts/QPR 

In fairness the standard of player is dropping and the transfer market is going crazy, it's no surprise to see the English clubs looking up here as there's just no value to be had in England, yet Scottish teams will still allow their best talent to go for peanuts, although the short term contracts don't help us much.

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Are you not happy enough stalling Devlins career without looking to do the same with Shankland? Maybe Crawford will balance it out somewhat 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Are you not happy enough stalling Devlins career without looking to do the same with Shankland? Maybe Crawford will balance it out somewhat 

Do need to laugh at Devlin joining us for a Scotland call up. No one even looks at us :D Shankland could play up front with Lyndon Dykes and be a hit I'm sure lmao

43 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Do need to laugh at Devlin joining us for a Scotland call up. No one even looks at us :D Shankland could play up front with Lyndon Dykes and be a hit I'm sure lmao

I love Nicky Devlin but he’s never good enough for a Scotland call up. Lower half of the premiership is probably his level. 

I love Nicky Devlin but he’s never good enough for a Scotland call up. Lower half of the premiership is probably his level. 

It’s very unlikely but I’ve no idea how much he’s improved since being at Walsall.

If he can sort out his defensive positioning and final ball he’s got a chance but I agree at the moment bottom 6 is where he should be.

A move to Livingston is far from a stalling point in Devlin's career. IMO that's probably his level, and Livi was a decent move.

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:
1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

A move to Livingston is far from a stalling point in Devlin's career. IMO that's probably his level, and Livi was a decent move.

Devlin  played well for Walsall so reckon he could have got a move to a bigger team down south. A relegation battle on a plastic pitch in a half empty stadium doesn’t seem like progress to me 

Devlin  played well for Walsall so reckon he could have got a move to a bigger team down south. A relegation battle on a plastic pitch in a half empty stadium doesn’t seem like progress to me 

I don’t know what playing in a half empty stadium or on a plastic pitch has to do with progress.

The Scottish Premiership is a step up from League 1 in England.