The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Boys we can't try to belittle Talbot after that result.

They beat us fair and square, and plenty of their players would've made it into our team between that tie and the end of the season.

Talbot have an excellent history, and we have to take that defeat on the chin. Let them have their day in the sun.

Birthday Caird pish. 

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I see Dundee Utd sporting director confirmed they are in talks with him (according to The Sun anyway)

That would be a dreadful move for him if it ever comes to pass.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

They beat us fair and square, and plenty of their players would've made it into our team between that tie and the end of the season.

Talbot have an excellent history, and we have to take that defeat on the chin. Let them have their day in the sun.

You're like a school teacher trying to keep the class in line.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Nope I was gracious at the time but I'm not doing it now.

On the day we had the better chances to win the game including a stonewall penalty. Thats not belittling or sour grapes it's facts. They are junior players and by default wouldn't get a game ahead of our players. A one off match doesn't change that. 

Part of me wants them again this season and part of me hopes we never have to endure their fans again. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

Is this a whoosh? Because there are zero of their players who would have made it into our team.

They'd have made it in to our team that day, we can't even claim it was lucky, as it most certainly wasn't.

Nope I was gracious at the time but I'm not doing it now.
On the day we had the better chances to win the game including a stonewall penalty. Thats not belittling or sour grapes it's facts. They are junior players and by default wouldn't get a game ahead of our players. A one off match doesn't change that. 
Part of me wants them again this season and part of me hopes we never have to endure their fans again. 
We had the better chances is clutching at straws d'jaffo.

The result was entirely predictable, and I wasn't the only one to take advantage of the ridiculous odds. Anyone who saw us at home to Falkirk beforehand would've been mad to think we'd turn talbot over comfortably.

The gap between juniors and seniors has always been overestimated, despite being disproven quite regularly.

Just now, pandarilla said:

We had the better chances is clutching at straws d'jaffo.

The result was entirely predictable, and I wasn't the only one to take advantage of the ridiculous odds. Anyone who saw us at home to Falkirk beforehand would've been mad to think we'd turn talbot over comfortably.

The gap between juniors and seniors has always been overestimated, despite being disproven quite regularly.

What I'm saying is had we won, people would've said we were poor but there would have been no questioning the result or if it was deserved. The game just came along at the worst possible time for us.

I'm not going to say too much else as it was in January and we've a new season to look forward to but I'd love it if we got the chance to put the record straight. I think McCall would as well. 

That would be a dreadful move for him if it ever comes to pass.
I seriously couldn't cope with it.

I've got it right up these b*****ds all year and there would be a lot of payback.

I'm currently playing the wee diddy team card and dampening down expectations. I've been asked by kids recently if I think we'll get promoted this season (on more than one occasion). It's bizarre.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've got it right up these b*****ds all year and there would be a lot of payback.

I'm currently playing the wee diddy team card and dampening down expectations. I've been asked by kids recently if I think we'll get promoted this season (on more than one occasion). It's bizarre.

It would just tell me he doesn't think he's as good as he said he thought he was earlier in the season, staying at the same level would do nowt for his progression.

If Shankland signs for Dundee United i am done and will probably need to go into hiding for the abuse i'll get. Especially when your best mate is a Dundee United supporter, more than anything him moving to Dundee United would make us look like tubes. Sunderland look as if they're turning into a joke with the takeover and not being able to sign him, i am amazed he hasn't signed for anyone yet.

Reckon McCall could be making a late night begging call to Lauchlan to pay for Shankland again just to stop him signing for them wankers.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If Shankland signs for Dundee United i am done and will probably need to go into hiding for the abuse i'll get. Especially when your best mate is a Dundee United supporter, more than anything him moving to Dundee United would make us look like tubes. Sunderland look as if they're turning into a joke with the takeover and not being able to sign him, i am amazed he hasn't signed for anyone yet.

Reckon McCall could be making a late night begging call to Lauchlan to pay for Shankland again just to stop him signing for them wankers.

Nobody forced you to have besties of the dubious kind..

There’s zero point in him staying at Ayr either. The natural progression is a move up a level. Signing for Dundee Utd isn’t going up a level.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s zero point in him staying at Ayr either. The natural progression is a move up a level. Signing for Dundee Utd isn’t going up a level.

He'd need to score about 40 or 50 league goals to raise his stock.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Agreed, also risky if he only scored 10-15 goals, would be hardly setting the fire alight stuff. If he has any sense he surely has to realise this could be his one and only chance to get a big move down south. If he had an average season in the Championship with Dundee United then he may never get the opportunity to move down south again. He has to go down south simple as, if he has a couple of years but struggles so comes back up at least he knows he tried it. Interesting if McCall is still giving him advice just now, not difficult to imagine what he'd think of Dundee United.

Get the feeling he wants to go to Sunderland but they can't sign him due to takeover talks.

59 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

6/1 to win the league, that's even more bizarre.