The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Or just play pretty averagely, sure Paton played in a Falkirk midfield that done fine against Ayr on BBC Scotland. 

I'm hopeful that he won't play that much but him and Doolan are actually pretty similar signings on the face it, same age, both had a couple of disappointing seasons and the fans of their respective new clubs are hoping they're coming with a point to prove. 

"Done fine" ain't that good considering how shite we were at the time. We also managed to make The Edge look like Maldini in that game but you'd be pretty disappointed if you signed him.

Paton doesn't strike me as the kinda guy that will be determined to prove a lot of people wrong whereas Doolan has been pretty open that he's not happy with how he's been treated and I'd expect him to at least play well in the 4 games against Thistle this season. Of course you can as determined as you want but still turn out shite. I doubt sheer determination will be enough for me to pass as a professional footballer.

For the record though I think Turner is a pretty good signing. Certainly someone who I would've been pleased to see sign for Ayr. A standout for Stranraer when we played them 2 seasons ago and looks ready for the step up. He's also a moany wee shite and will spend a lot of the 90 mins in the refs ear. I'm not convinced on the duo from Raith tbh although given how much Shankland was doubted last season it wouldn't be a great surprise to see Nisbet actually do ok. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Or just play pretty averagely, sure Paton played in a Falkirk midfield that done fine against Ayr on BBC Scotland. 

I'm hopeful that he won't play that much but him and Doolan are actually pretty similar signings on the face it, same age, both had a couple of disappointing seasons and the fans of their respective new clubs are hoping they're coming with a point to prove. 

Just one that was brought up pretty consistently on this thread as a hopeful signing. The only reason I'd heard of him is from Ayr fans bringing him up on this thread. 

I’m only messing. He was probably the best midfielder Stranraer had over the last 5 years. Seems to have had numerous trials over the past few years down south, but none ever came to anything. I’d like him the season we won the league and coming up with us. Think he’ll either be a hit or the type of guy who’ll be out on loan come January. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Kris Doolan giving it the “I want to get this club back where they belong” patter in the Ayrshire Post. Love that. 

Is relegation on the cards? You did okay last season I thought!

Kris Doolan giving it the “I want to get this club back where they belong” patter in the Ayrshire Post. Love that. 

Anything about signings or is it just Doolz* talking.

*We must now refer to the man as Doolz.

First to admit I was really sceptical of the Doolan signing but after listening to him talk watching his style of play (wrongly thought he was a big target man) it could really be a masterstroke by McCall, looks like he could be a really good influence in the club and hopefully help the young guys comming up, if he can get the up to 15 goals that McCall thinks he can get it would be a genius move by McCall

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Birthday caird pish.

What one of your ex players you signing next? I’ll have a £10 on Lee Robinson. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Anything about signings or is it just Doolz* talking.

*We must now refer to the man as Doolz.

Not really- just reiterated wanting as many as five players but will need to wait and see if he can do that. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:
Miles Storey? emoji848.png

Kind of hoping McCall and Doolz are having a wee talk with Erskine about getting the band back together.

Could be a goer but maybe January if he continues his form of last season at Livi? I assume he’s still under contract to them?

Miles Storey? [emoji848]

Please don’t

I actually had a dream (nightmare) about a week ago we were announcing a former Thistle player. Everyone thought it was Doolan and for some reason we all flocked down to Somerset for his unveiling and McCall pulled up in a car and out strolled Miles Storey.

Could be a goer but maybe January if he continues his form of last season at Livi? I assume he’s still under contract to them?
Sure he signed at least a 18 month deal but Livi have more midfielders than they know what to do with so would not be surprised if he became available at the end of this window.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Please don’t

I actually had a dream (nightmare) about a week ago we were announcing a former Thistle player. Everyone thought it was Doolan and for some reason we all flocked down to Somerset for his unveiling and McCall pulled up in a car and out strolled Miles Storey.

Was Somerset Boab there? 

Spoiler

WOOOOOOAAAAHHHH WHATS THE STORY MILES STOREY WOOOOOOAAAHHHHHOOOOOH.