The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Doolan or Miller . Tough one for the gaffer .

It really isn’t. Miller is 39 years old, has caused trouble at his last three clubs and will no doubt want more money that Doolan. I’m not that fussed on Kris Doolan but would much rather have him than Kenny Miller.

Out of sheer boredom i've just sat and watched the highlights on Youtube from the 4-1 v Dunfermline, 5-1 v Morton and 5-0 v Dundee Utd games from last season.  Struggling to think of many league games i've enjoyed more in the last 15 years.   

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It really isn’t. Miller is 39 years old, has caused trouble at his last three clubs and will no doubt want more money that Doolan. I’m not that fussed on Kris Doolan but would much rather have him than Kenny Miller.

100%.   Doolan is only 32 as well and I have a feeling that he will be looking at next season as being a massive 'point to prove' scenario.  I hope we get him. 

Miller's greatest asset was his pace and that'll have long since left the building. I don't mind us signing guys that age if they have a good football brain but that was never his forte.
100% this Kerr's a prime example of a older player who uses his brain more than pace and power

If Doohan is not ready for that game , we have a decent back up in Ellis , guy coming on leaps and bounds with full time training , forget about not enough experience , Doohan's experience before coming to us was sitting on the bench at Morton on a weekly basis , his training routine  is exactly the same as Doohan's , less 1 day Ross is Away 

If Doohan is not ready for that game , we have a decent back up in Ellis , guy coming on leaps and bounds with full time training , forget about not enough experience , Doohan's experience before coming to us was sitting on the bench at Morton on a weekly basis , his training routine  is exactly the same as Doohan's , less 1 day Ross is Away 
Totally agree we got lucky last season Ross played every minute of every game if he comes back what's the odds of him doing that again at some point he's going to pick up an injury or red card, would be happy for Ellis to play in the Betfred and even beyond if he's good enough.

Miller's greatest asset was his pace and that'll have long since left the building. I don't mind us signing guys that age if they have a good football brain but that was never his forte.
He lost his pace a long time ago and evolved into a play-maker type when still with rangers. Despite not doing great for Dundee I think he'd do a very good job for us but it's the off the park shenanigans that worry me the most.

By all accounts an arsehole, so not for me.

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Woulda thought Doohan spent most of the week training at Celtic.

Most of his training is at Ayr , they only train 4 days per week during the season , Ellis 4 at Ayr , Ross 3