The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, AyrExile said:

If you report higher gates is there not less free room to avoid paying the correct tax? 

I would doubt that comes into it, I'm pretty sure it will all be above board.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I would doubt that comes into it, I'm pretty sure it will all be above board.

Not sure considering a sizeable chunk of revenue is collected in cash. Seem to remember Celtic being accused of under reporting attendances for years 

6 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Not sure considering a sizeable chunk of revenue is collected in cash. Seem to remember Celtic being accused of under reporting attendances for years 

County are over reporting, I'd hazard a guess that every last one of those reported will be accounted for one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Do they not report tickets sold / given out rather than actually used? ie if you've sold 1000 season tickets, the attendance cant be any less than 1000..

But if only 990 season tickets are used for that game the season ticket holder attendance is 990.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

But if only 990 season tickets are used for that game the season ticket holder attendance is 990.

Not in their book, in their method it counts tickets whether used or not, don't see the big deal, when I'm at Somerset I can roughly tell how many are there regardless of official numbers.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Anyone heard us linked with any names apart from Doolan? See Scougall has signed on again at Carlisle so that rules him out if it was ever even a thing.

Doolan is the only name McCall has mentioned other than the Boyd  nonsense  . However the chances are we're using the rebuild your career ticket which makes a lot of sense . He has also mentioned loans ,wither they'll of the Rudden Zanatta type who knows .Just hope that Doohan is at the head of that particular line .  I'm guessing we might still be doing business right into August ,the amount might depend on the level of Betfred prize money . Right back : we can probably muddle through the Betfred with who we have but Jesse Curran has been freed by Dundee  , centre forward : Doolan ,Centre Midfield : nae clue but Liam Burt is available , Left midfield : I'd take Zanatta or Thomas (if Killie will indeed lend us players) .

Doolan is the only name McCall has mentioned other than the Boyd  nonsense  . However the chances are we're using the rebuild your career ticket which makes a lot of sense . He has also mentioned loans ,wither they'll of the Rudden Zanatta type who knows .Just hope that Doohan is at the head of that particular line .  I'm guessing we might still be doing business right into August ,the amount might depend on the level of Betfred prize money . Right back : we can probably muddle through the Betfred with who we have but Jesse Curran has been freed by Dundee  , centre forward : Doolan ,Centre Midfield : nae clue but Liam Burt is available , Left midfield : I'd take Zanatta or Thomas (if Killie will indeed lend us players) .

Jesse Curran is away back to Australia and Liam Burt is going to Celtic apparently and is also dug meat.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Jesse Curran is away back to Australia and Liam Burt is going to Celtic apparently and is also dug meat.

If Liam Burt was dugmeat Celtic certainly wouldn’t be interested. From what I heard he was very unlucky not to be offered a new deal. Had bad luck with injuries plus an excess of players in his position 

If Liam Burt was dugmeat Celtic certainly wouldn’t be interested. From what I heard he was very unlucky not to be offered a new deal. Had bad luck with injuries plus an excess of players in his position 

Had loan spells at Dumbarton and Alloa and was very meh for both.

Take Miller in a heartbeat . Still a good player and a good Pro . Why he might even teach our young strikers a thing or two .
Last 3 clubs he's been at he's been chased out for causing trouble, he was done in this league 3 years ago we don't need any more Kevin Kyle/Craig Beatie type signings

Last 3 clubs he's been at he's been chased out for causing trouble, he was done in this league 3 years ago we don't need any more Kevin Kyle/Craig Beatie type signings

Kenny Miller was light years ahead of those two as a footballer.

Kenny Miller was light years ahead of those two as a footballer.

He was also a completely different type of player whilst they were quite similar.

I still wouldn’t take him tbh. I don’t think he’s the type of player or person McCall would want either.