The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not wanting to spend any more money than they have to because theres a takeover in progress .
I think he's got his fingers burnt last season by over-estimating the crowds we'd draw. You can't really blame him. At best the attendances were disappointing given the league table.

1 minute ago, placidcasual said:
41 minutes ago, Hawlino said:
Not wanting to spend any more money than they have to because theres a takeover in progress .

I think he's got his fingers burnt last season by over-estimating the crowds we'd draw. You can't really blame him. At best the attendances were disappointing given the league table.

He  mentioned  that  in one of his answers, about how he was assured  Ayr were a sleeping giant etc, but the reality turned out to be quite different. Prob told by the same ones who  keep going on about stuff 40 year ago, Ayr are a Premiership club, we can get 3000 crowds they'll come back etc.  It's all bollocks.

43 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The pension contribution thing is new, bright in by the government to cover all employees (I think).

Any idea what the increase in club staff relates to? Is that just us going full time?

I still think Ayr could do more to bring in volunteer help from supporters. There are a lot of skills out there and I think folk would be willing to contribute in all sorts of ways. It just has to be coordinated and managed properly. The added bonus is that folk then feel even more connected to the club, with a genuine link to the community.

Would imagine most of the increase in club staff relates to going full time. Probably developing some of the in house stuff plus playing in the championship requires a few extra bodies to run things properly. Don’t really think this would have caught the club off guard and used up cash not budgeted for though

He  mentioned  that  in one of his answers, about how he was assured  Ayr were a sleeping giant etc, but the reality turned out to be quite different. Prob told by the same ones who  keep going on about stuff 40 year ago, Ayr are a Premiership club, we can get 3000 crowds they'll come back etc.  It's all bollocks.
It's infuriating, it really is.

Hopefully it's a slow burner, and we gradually increase. But that will require some attacking football again this season (even if we don't quite win as much).

The Inverness game getting called off on the Friday night killed the momentum, I think. Folk were buzzing to get back to Somerset after the Dundee Utd demolition and I think people were talking about coming  back.

Game got cancelled we didn't play for a fortnight and then went on a six game winless streak.

Flying last year and attendances were pretty poor for a top of the table Championship team . I think that could be it , the town and majority of Ayr supporters have had enough .

You’ll still get your 1000 to 1500 through the gates but the days of 3 and 4 thousand will never return .

The town of Ayr is on its arse and i’m afraid the football team are suffering because of this .

Flying last year and attendances were pretty poor for a top of the table Championship team . I think that could be it , the town and majority of Ayr supporters have had enough .

You’ll still get your 1000 to 1500 through the gates but the days of 3 and 4 thousand will never return .

The town of Ayr is on its arse and i’m afraid the football team are suffering because of this .
You just need to look at the high street to show your 100% correct Ayr is a dying town when I was a boy the town was heaving every weekend now it's a ghost town.

Aye I feel that if we weren’t able to muster a bigger support last season then what do we have to do as a club to get them back?

I know i lot of people don't buy into this theory and i could be proved wrong if the situation ever happened but i do believe that if a takeover happened and the club were splashing the cash with the aim of getting to the premiership, then the crowds would bump up to around 3,000+ on a weekly basis. I mean there was 4,000 at the Stranraer play off match so they are there, i do think that people would have started turning up in numbers last season in the second half of the season if the top of the league momentum had continued. Lot of stayaways first half of the season probably thought it would be too good to be true to continue and unfortunately it turns out that it was.

What i also can't understand is how teams like Hamilton with crowds of between 1,000-1,500 in the Premiership continue survive, is it simply down to the vast prize money you get in that league even for finishing near the bottom. Or they must have directors and owners with deep pockets to fill in the financial losses, would be amazed if they make a profit and love to know how they actually do it.

Edited by rb123!

After the New Year, we played 11 home matches and won 2. Both 1-0. We also suffered the humiliating cup defeat at Auchinleck during that time. That’s hardly form that would have missing supporters rushing back, is it?

After the New Year, we played 11 home matches and won 2. Both 1-0. We also suffered the humiliating cup defeat at Auchinleck during that time. That’s hardly form that would have missing supporters rushing back, is it?

But even in the first 6 months there was no great improvement in the size of crowds we were drawing in.

I think part of the issue is the club do very little to publicize themselves, what do we get when the season is on a face book post or tweet with a match preview the guys from AU media do a fantastic but club could do so much more especially in the Social media age how hard would it be to do a quick catch up with McCall in midweek and post it on social media or a quick catch up with the mom from the previous game you don't need to spend lots of money on these things a half decent smart phone will do it will engage the fans more than a bog standard match preview, look at the way Motherwell for example use social media I'm not saying we should copy them and go to that expense but surely we can take inspiration from these kind of things.

Seems like your 2nd team got same problems djaffo still realistically you will always have Falkirk 

I’ve no idea what you’re on about.

Edit: Wait is this because I said Falkirk are likely to be in the Premiership before QOTS?

They didn't go up by much, especially considering we were top for a while.

I certainly don't blame folk from December onwards. But the 'build it and they will come' idea didn't really ring true when we were smashing everyone.

Interesting figures from @Superhursy7. Almost a 40% increase year on year. Given how many games were moved for tv from Saturday and our stinking form in the second half of the season I actually think those figures are pretty good! Admittedly, there are definitely more away fans in the Championship vs League One.

Looking back, last season is probably our highest average attendance in the last 10-15 years.