The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think disagreeing with those who are getting themselves in a state despite the fact that the situation has been clearly spelt out to them makes me a “happy clapper” but fire on if it makes you happy.

Cameron claims that we lost out on close to 100K due to the Auchinleck shambles. I doubt we would’ve made that in a game against Rangers that wasn’t even televised.

You almost certainly will have made that sort of money from the Rangers game. And you won't have directly lost that much by losing to Talbot (in a game which WAS televised and therefore got you a decent return you wouldn't necessarily have got playing anyone else). To make the sort of money you'll have got by playing Rangers away you would have had to make at least the last 16 of the Scottish Cup., probably the last eight unless you got an away tie at Ibrox before that.

54 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The league cup takings from Rangers won’t have outweighed the Scottish cup defeat.

It’s not hard to understand at all tbh.

This is absolute nonsense. There is no way our board were budgeting on a Scottish Cup run, at the start of the season they’d no idea we’d draw a junior team in consecutive rounds.

If our budget as of 21/06/19 is lower than at 21/06/18 then to me that’s a sign of either a) we massively overspent last season, b) the wall and new ticketing system has cost a fortune, c) horrendous management or d) a combination of all 3.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

If our budget as of 21/06/19 is lower than at 21/06/18 then to me that’s a sign of either a) we massively overspent last season, b) the wall and new ticketing system has cost a fortune, c) horrendous management or d) a combination of all 3.

The wall is nice to be fair.

Initially I wasn't a big fan, however it started to grow on me the more I looked at it, sadly I can't say the same about the floodlights as I still really miss our traditional / retro "big stadium"  style of floodlights..........

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The wall is nice to be fair.

Initially I wasn't a big fan, however it started to grow on me the more I looked at it, sadly I can't say the same about the floodlights as I still really miss our traditional / retro "big stadium"  style of floodlights..........

You enjoy staring at the wall as we’re getting pumped every home game next season. 

A combination seems to be the most likely tbh.

I’m guessing we paid over the odds to hold onto guys in the summer and perhaps even bringing in Murdoch was a stretch.

Don’t get this at all
crowds up must have made more money
commercial take over of hospitality must have money
league cup takings from rangers outweighing Scottish cup defeat which also had tv and a good crowd must have made money
lost top earners at the club must have saved money
500 club putting more in than last year must have made money
WHY DO WE NOTHAVE ABETTER BUDGET
Chairman explains all this on SRE FB

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You enjoy staring at the wall as we’re getting pumped every home game next season. 

Bought your season ticket yet to fling away when you go in the huff?

I though LC explained it pretty well

Last years budget was added to during the year with Smith & Muirhead, plus the difference in Higgins & McGuffie vs Cadden & Miller

Increase in crowds wasn't as much as expected / impacted by the Friday night games

Increase in prize money from the league partly went on increase in player bonus for finishing 4th.

Although some players were resigned on reduced terms, other will be on more that last season.

Getting out the group stage of the league cup will mean we are adding to the player budget.

Off the pitch costs are probably more that some people realise.

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s closed doors! McCall doesn’t believe fans should have to pay for training games he said a few weeks ago

Even if you're unable to get in, can watch the match from the fence in the corner nearest Hampden's South stand

I vaguely remember on the Raith thread, not sure if it was @Zen Archer if he remembers, or someone else, posting a tweet  from some organisation that had handed grants to Raith, Ayr and a couple other teams last season. Sure it was a fair chunk of change which I assumed had paid for the wall

I've just had a read back at Camerons responses on the SRE and he says the club also increased the number of employees at the club. Currently we have 38 full time staff and 80 part time. Payments include wages, tax and pension contribution which according to him is a new cost. 

Also "significant" contributions to Project Brave. 

All these payments might seem small but I'd imagine putting them all together will cost us  fair amount of money. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Never once threw a season ticket away so bit of a weird comment to make. 

You certainly were prepared to give it up after Alloa away, ya  bed wetter 😉

Michael Doyle moving to Falkirk apparently so that rules him out. Absolute peak banter the amount of players clearly moving down a league for more money, also the fact they're signing all the Dundee United rejects.