D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Several people on the SRE arguing that our budget should not be significantly reduced as our top earners (Shankland, Crawford, Rose and Smith) have all left. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of wage these guys were on?

Don’t think we will see any new players announced imminently, I think too many players are asking for too much and will be more savvy next week when all clubs are back in pre season and they are in need of a club/wage , think the bigger desperate for success clubs are paying over the odds for what they are getting

Oh joy. We’lljust sit back and do nothing and be then left with the dross that no other club wants. Seems like a sound plan especially when we are in need of 6 (six) players.

Several people on the SRE arguing that our budget should not be significantly reduced as our top earners (Shankland, Crawford, Rose and Smith) have all left. 
TBF I have said similar on here but after reading what the chairman said yesterday re other staff and and other expenses we don't think about it puts it more in perspective.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Oh joy. We’lljust sit back and do nothing and be then left with the dross that no other club wants. Seems like a sound plan especially when we are in need of 6 (six) players.

tbf it's a plan that's worked out for us in the past.

Don’t you realise that the other teams in this league need players just as much as us if not more. We’ve got 15 players fit players so far. Dundee have around the same.

By my reckoning we’re ahead of the likes of Partick, Alloa, QOTS, Arbroath, Morton in terms of recruitment.

We’re unlikely to have the 6 players in by the Betfred Cup but that’s no surprise given in the last few seasons McCall has always added to the squad after the league has begun.

Chill out ffs.

No but I’d be surprised if Shankland was actually included in the budget. I thought his wages were paid separately similarly to Dobbie at QOTS although it was Cameron and another board member in our case.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

No but I’d be surprised if Shankland was actually included in the budget. I thought his wages were paid separately similarly to Dobbie at QOTS although it was Cameron and another board member in our case.

Is Kris Doolan signing for yourselves all seems to have went quiet the last couple of weeks,  last i heard McCall was confident of landing him.

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Is Kris Doolan signing for yourselves all seems to have went quiet the last couple of weeks,  last i heard McCall was confident of landing him.

No we can’t afford him

We're playing Rangers U18's in a closed door game at the Hummel training centre on Tuesday 9th July.

*Development squad sorry, read it wrong, did wonder why we'd be playing against under 18's 

Edited by rb123!

26 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
30 minutes ago, Hawkes97 said:

TBF I have said similar on here but after reading what the chairman said yesterday re other staff and and other expenses we don't think about it puts it more in perspective.

Yep I agree, his comments certainly gave more perspective and insight into the often forgotten/undiscussed aspects of running the club. I was just wondering if anyone had heard any figures as I would have personally thought that Shankland would have been on around 1K a week.

30 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t know why so many people are panicking on here, we have the same number of players now that we had at the same stage last year , it’s not the dross that’s left it’s the guys who think they are worth more than what’s been offered by a number of clubs , only the big teams who underperformed last year are splashing the cash , we have more players than more than half the league , McCall has not let us down in recent times in the transfer market , judge the team after Betfred Cup

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No we can’t afford him

Not true !!! The guy is still considering our offer along with a much better offer from Dundee, to some players it’s not all about the money , perfect example last year was Lawrence Shankland could have doubled his wages but chose to stay at Ayr for another year at start of season 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Don’t know why so many people are panicking on here, we have the same number of players now that we had at the same stage last year , it’s not the dross that’s left it’s the guys who think they are worth more than what’s been offered by a number of clubs , only the big teams who underperformed last year are splashing the cash , we have more players than more than half the league , McCall has not let us down in recent times in the transfer market , judge the team after Betfred Cup

To be fair it's not actually that many folk panicking I don't think, just the same few folk bangjng on about it constantly and looking for a negative spin on every single story / comment. 

Just now, Hursty said:

To be fair it's not actually that many folk panicking I don't think, just the same few folk bangjng on about it constantly and looking for a negative spin on every single story / comment. 

100% agree with you , 

10 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

9 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

100% agree with you , 

Absolutely

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Morton at home opening day.

Happy enough with that and hopefully we can kick off the season with a win and a decent crowd.