The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Got to laugh at the ones who have a clear issue with the way Cameron operates but can never muster up a decent comeback or argument to anything he says.

The whole ambition argument is complete nonsense. Just because Cameron isn’t piling money into the club doesn’t make him unambitious. It makes him a sensible business that doesn’t want to waste copious amounts of money. Playing in the Premiership would be great but it’s not an entirely realistic ambition right now.

As a fan I feel I have a duty(similar to the manager) to encourage Lachlan and Co to spunk as much as possible on the team, they're duty is to spend what they take in + whatever else they wish to spend of their own cash free gratis.

Edited by ayrmad

As a fan I feel I have a duty(similar to the manager) to encourage Lachlan and Co to spunk as much as possible on the team, they're duty is to spend what they take in + whatever else they wish to spend of their own cash free gratus.

Oh aye I completely agree that the money that the club makes is spent on the club. Cameron has made it clear that that’s how it works. However I don’t think a lot of people (myself included until tonight) knew how much we had to spend outside of the playing budget. It also appears the players were given bonuses for getting top 4 which I hadn’t thought of.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Oh aye I completely agree that the money that the club makes is spent on the club. Cameron has made it clear that that’s how it works. However I don’t think a lot of people (myself included until tonight) knew how much we had to spend outside of the playing budget. It also appears the players were given bonuses for getting top 4 which I hadn’t thought of.

One of the 2 times Accies went up their win bonuses were hammering them as the bonus was increased the higher up the league they were, I've no idea how ours is worked out if at all on a game by game basis but diddy teams certainly don't budget for winning loads of games at the top of the league.

One of the 2 times Accies went up their win bonuses were hammering them as the bonus was increased the higher up the league they were, I've no idea how ours is worked out if at all on a game by game basis but diddy teams certainly don't budget for winning loads of games at the top of the league.

Given they budgeted for 8th last season I’d guess they promised them a bonus for top 4 never thinking they’d actually get there.

I’m just hoping we didn’t promise Shankland a goal bonus.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given they budgeted for 8th last season I’d guess they promised them a bonus for top 4 never thinking they’d actually get there.

Probably but we used to give out win bonuses that increased with league position, that can get you in a lot of trouble if you're budgeting for 10/12 wins at the bottom.

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might explain the budget shortfall.

For us fans too sensible to join the SRE it would be nice for the Chairman to interact with us. 

A football chairman coming onto P&B, where it’s not just Ayr fans he’d be subjected to, would be an absolute nightmare.

But one that sounds quite entertaining.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A football chairman coming onto P&B, where it’s not just Ayr fans he’d be subjected to, would be an absolute nightmare.

I wasn't suggesting P&B. Although I could see the entertainment value.

He should do a proper Q&A at the club rather than a cyber one imo. 

51 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Does he not live in Los Angeles most of the time?

Could hook up something like this for him

Sheldon%20Shelbot.jpg

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reckon Lachlan would hold his own on here, he certainly isn't one to suffer fools gladly. Some of his responses last night to the usual suspects were tremendous. 

On another note @ayrmad I asked about the car park / railway yard and there were questions around the housing development and taking the club shop / hospitality back into club ownership which are loosely related to what you asked yesterday. 

Shop / hospitality ownership asking if the club was generating more revenue: "I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it is my understanding that yes, overall it is a net benefit to the club."

Railway yard and whether we would have a car park / club shop building in the future: " As far as the railway yard, we don't have control of that yet and I don't have an answer on the car park yet. The only thing  Ican say is that all parties are interested in doing what's best for Ayr United in every area." 

Proposed new housing around Somerset Park: "That is way too distant to even address here. If and when it becomes a reality, we can speak about that."

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

We have an official club website, is this not what is should be getting used for ???

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We have an official club website, is this not what is should be getting used for ???

Yeah, I suppose it should be. Instead of a facebook rantfest in a closed group.

Can we have some signing news soon? 

Falkirk appear to be ransacking all the lower end Championship clubs for players and also signing all the free agents that might have been options.

Reading the other clubs threads, it's not just us who appear to be having problems, which undoubtedly means that there will be lots of players in a few weeks time who may have to lower their expectations as regards salary etc.

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Reckon Lachlan would hold his own on here, he certainly isn't one to suffer fools gladly. Some of his responses last night to the usual suspects were tremendous. 

On another note @ayrmad I asked about the car park / railway yard and there were questions around the housing development and taking the club shop / hospitality back into club ownership which are loosely related to what you asked yesterday. 

Shop / hospitality ownership asking if the club was generating more revenue: "I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it is my understanding that yes, overall it is a net benefit to the club."

Railway yard and whether we would have a car park / club shop building in the future: " As far as the railway yard, we don't have control of that yet and I don't have an answer on the car park yet. The only thing  Ican say is that all parties are interested in doing what's best for Ayr United in every area." 

Proposed new housing around Somerset Park: "That is way too distant to even address here. If and when it becomes a reality, we can speak about that."

Much appreciated, was hoping for a little more insight but Lachlan tends not to spout until t's are crossed and i's are dotted, rather that than Celtic's amateurish approach this week.

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Falkirk appear to be ransacking all the lower end Championship clubs for players and also signing all the free agents that might have been options.

A scattergun approach to recruitment which has worked so well for them these last few years.

12 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

A scattergun approach to recruitment which has worked so well for them these last few years.

That's certainly true.