The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I am also being told that we may be losing one of our players to a championship rival quite soon ....Not sure about this one ,but in the context of a £150K black hole who knows ....

Are you alluding to a  current squad member?

Anyway can folk bin this shite wannabe sky sports presenter chat. “I’m being told” and “good authority”. Put up or shut up with actual info or don’t mention.

Rant over, tampon in, lemon tea made and bed time.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Dunfermline with the checkbook out again no doubt.

After they put the war cry out at the end of the season about a tough summer ahead with a tight budget, hopefully they're spending their way into administration again, could save us for this season in the league lol.

Just now, rb123! said:

After they put the war cry out at the end of the season about a tough summer ahead with a tight budget, hopefully they're spending their way into administration again, could save us for this season in the league lol.

I believe Ayr youth product Jackson Longridge is funding our spending spree.

36 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I am also being told that we may be losing one of our players to a championship rival quite soon ....Not sure about this one ,but in the context of a £150K black hole who knows ....

Think you will find this is a misinterpretation, looks like we are going to lose a potential signing to a championship rival , my latest information is that this is about 50/50 whereas at the weekend it was nearly a done deal that he was going to rival ( Dundee)

The only other is an ex player ( Shankland) who Dundee United are interested in but he is almost certainly going down south 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Think you will find this is a misinterpretation, looks like we are going to lose a potential signing to a championship rival , my latest information is that this is about 50/50 whereas at the weekend it was nearly a done deal that he was going to rival ( Dundee)

Who?

27 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The only other is an ex player ( Shankland) who Dundee United are interested in but he is almost certainly going down south 

Good update Kaveh Solhekol.

Reading the comments here tonight and not seeing anything official including the Ayrshire Post, I'm gathering that our budget has been dramatically cut for this season ?

Is this fact or rumour ?

If it's fact it's certainly rather bizarre timing from a PR perspective, given that our season tickets have just gone on sale ?

"come on guys, buy your season tickets for a relegation battle, we've no ambition and mere survival is the best we can hope for" 

Is that the message we want to be sending out ???

As for the 3rd / 4th thing from last season, No, I'm not having that since the club finished at least 3 or 4 places higher than anyone expected.

I seriously hope this is all just a storm in a teacup as for the first time in years I honestly believed the club was on the up and people were all pulling together, there was a good feeling again at matches, the crowds were returning and the interest from youngsters especially was a great deal more than it's been in years. What we don't need is a return of all the negativity and in fighting that's blighted the club in recent years, so as I say, I hope this is just over reaction and the club can consolidate and grow in the Championship with a decent product on the park.........