The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The questions for it have already been submitted, so coincidentally he'll not be able to answer anything about this.

He isn't going to ignore it, he isn't a stupid man.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

McCall has to take his share of the financial blame. The embarrassment of Auchinleck and missing out on 3rd rather than 4th cost us 100k plus and that’s all on him.

I'm surprised he 'd stitch Lachlan up like that considering how good friends they are.  Unless of course it was planned

Edited by UpInTheAyr

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

McCall has to take his share of the financial blame. The embarrassment of Auchinleck and missing out on 3rd rather than 4th cost us 100k plus and that’s all on him.

I'm not into blaming for the 3rd 4th bit, you're either trying to go up or your there for £75k, both weren't possible IMO.

Edited by ayrmad

5b2a547b66077_Screenshot-2018-6-20PieandBovril(pieandbov)Twitter.png.e6ac0e52aaa0cff6d1a88e3eefdd8986.png
Back to the topic of signings, if/when McCrorie and Harvie are announced, we still won’t have made a permanent new signing. Surely, with they 2 being loans, there must be a budget for at least 2 new signings? Considering all we’ve had is players re-sign and Hart, Reid, Boyle have been let go.

These two posts were made at this time last year (a couple of days later actually), complaining about the lack of signings.

Let's be honest, we have no real clue about what's going on behind the scenes and getting all worried about it helps no-one.

McCall kicking off in the press doesn't sound good but might just be a warning shot across the bows of the owners. Or he might be planning his exit - who knows.

I'm a pretty big fan of the gaffer but we're bigger than any manager and the show would very much go on.

Let's just enjoy the off-season and discuss it all with a bit of perspective. Someone used the word 'grave' a wee while ago. Fucking grave? Come on. We're all just guessing here.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not into blaming for the 3rd 4th bit, you're either trying to up or your there for £75k, both weren't possible IMO.

Hmmm, don’t agree. Finishing third may have been more advantageous. It’s all done now, but it seems McCall is out pointing fingers early on and not looking in the mirror.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

These two posts were made at this time last year (a couple of days later actually), complaining about the lack of signings.

Let's be honest, we have no real clue about what's going on behind the scenes and getting all worried about it helps no-one.

McCall kicking off in the press doesn't sound good but might just be a warning shot across the bows of the owners. Or he might be planning his exit - who knows.

I'm a pretty big fan of the gaffer but we're bigger than any manager and the show would very much go on.

Let's just enjoy the off-season and discuss it all with a bit of perspective. Someone used the word 'grave' a wee while ago. Fucking grave? Come on. We're all just guessing here.

Aye

There's absolutely no point in worrying about something you can do f**k all about. 

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's a screenshot from Twitter and Callum is hardly going off his head. Not sure they can really be classed as complaining

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Would be a good read if someone documented McCalls comments along the way. Very often goes from one extreme to the other, raises the same points at certain times of the season  and also changes tact quite often. Think we were quite well run last season and whilst the Auchinleck game stung we did make some cash from the betfred cup. Be surprised if there has been a dramatic cut and will wait and see how it pans out

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

So what exactly did he say?

“We are way short of where we need to be but it is what it is, unfortunately we are competing with teams who can offer substantially more money than us and that’s always going to be a problem”

it then went on to say McCall has been handed a vastly reduced budget this term. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That's a screenshot from Twitter and Callum is hardly going off his head. Not sure they can really be classed complaining

I think he's just trying to highlight how quickly things can change. No one last year, after us signing no one, would've thought we'd finish 4th.

Whilst I don't think we'll finish as high this season I don't think this automatically means next season is going to be a shit-show. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he's just trying to highlight how quickly things can change. No one last year, after us signing no one, would've thought we'd finish 4th.

Whilst I don't think we'll finish as high this season I don't think this automatically means next season is going to be a shit-show. 

Yeah,I don't think we can rely on so many teams being absolutely rotten again next season. 

I would not believe everything you read in newspapers, McCall always says things that make what he does look very successful , always says we don’t have the players , the budget to improve but always seems to get what he needs from the board 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

“We are way short of where we need to be but it is what it is, unfortunately we are competing with teams who can offer substantially more money than us and that’s always going to be a problem”

it then went on to say McCall has been handed a vastly reduced budget this term. 

Is it just me that thinks thats a huge leap from McCall saying we're short on players and teams are outspending us to the AP saying we've got a much smaller budget from last year.

It might be true but those two statements don't match up. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Robert Thomson and Andy Stirling signed for Alloa, oh dearie me. even the bloody part timers are making signings.

You should be used to it by now, we've been tail end charlies for about 10 years now, sometimes it works and sometimes we get relegated.