The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
17 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:
Thanks to Ayr for agreeing loan, We will pay his wages, Does Ayr never use the loan system, and if you do hope you pay their wages, We have a good reputation over last few years for bringing on youth players. All the best to the boy I am sure he will develop into a good asset for your club,

McCalls not a fan of loans in saying that Ross Doohan from Celtic was a roaring success last season Cadden from Livi and Miller from Celtic did OK.

His play was fine....

Spoiler

95e2a1bd0b184297742db2e264c110867f85a702.jpg.dc542727f9474f3c513b058104ecd60e.jpg

Edited by itzdrk

I'm a big fan of Belly , but for some strange reason he didn't jump for the goal at Inverness , a pivotal game and we lost 0-1 . That three point swing cost us £75K . Bell lost his place and Higgins took the field for the car crash at  Auchinleck . Higgins  had a mare ,sleeping for the Talbot goal . Moore missed a sitter and our two luxury lads on the flanks ,yes Declan and Robbie take a bow , never got beyond two junior full backs once and generally clocked out . Three out the four have moved on and the fourth is on a final written .  No tears here after that disgrace . We need players who stand up to be counted every week not show ponies who think they are playing in Spain's top league and they can just strut around when not on the ball .  Out with the old and in with the new , and yes if Robbie does get on the field against us at the council ground in Livingston then he will receive a pure schooling from Andrew ..........

28 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I'm a big fan of Belly , but for some strange reason he didn't jump for the goal at Inverness , a pivotal game and we lost 0-1 . That three point swing cost us £75K . Bell lost his place and Higgins took the field for the car crash at  Auchinleck . Higgins  had a mare ,sleeping for the Talbot goal . Moore missed a sitter and our two luxury lads on the flanks ,yes Declan and Robbie take a bow , never got beyond two junior full backs once and generally clocked out . Three out the four have moved on and the fourth is on a final written .  No tears here after that disgrace . We need players who stand up to be counted every week not show ponies who think they are playing in Spain's top league and they can just strut around when not on the ball .  Out with the old and in with the new , and yes if Robbie does get on the field against us at the council ground in Livingston then he will receive a pure schooling from Andrew ..........

Is someone paying you to write this pish?

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Was just coming on to post the same re: wages.  When you also factor in the talk of Moff / Kerr / Geggan etc being offered reduced terms we would be entitled to expect some decent quality signings to come.

Definitely far more disappointed to lose Crawford than I was McDaid.  

Agree that I'm more disappointed to lose Crawford  than McDaid.

But I wish him well and I do hope he kicks on.

I'll never forget his Messi dribble goal at Easter Road after a couple of minutes. Pure Robbie Magic. :thumsup2

Really hoping Mr McCall pulls a few crackers out of the bag on the signing front.

Going by what McCall said in the interview on Thursday he has offered deals to the players he wants and it's now just a case of whether they accept it or not.

Although we've supposedly given players from last season reduced terms and on top of losing most of her highest earners. The wage we're offering I think will still be the poorest of the full time teams in the championship, never know though I might be wrong.

I think the fact we got Roscoe in on a two year deal ,while he had other offers ,demonstrates we are offering decent contracts .  I don't think it would be beyond us to get Charlie Telfer in if the gaffer wanted him ,Aiden Nesbit would be a sign that we are really pushing the boat out . Same rules apply for the strikers , Doolan and Boyd would be expensive , so certainly suggests there is money there . We're gonna find out pretty soon ... McCall is a shrewd guy ,pity he wasn't involved with the Brexit negotiations ......

26 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Going by what McCall said in the interview on Thursday he has offered deals to the players he wants and it's now just a case of whether they accept it or not.

Although we've supposedly given players from last season reduced terms and on top of losing most of her highest earners. The wage we're offering I think will still be the poorest of the full time teams in the championship, never know though I might be wrong.

Well have a higher budget than Qots. Our budget will be probably be on a par with the likes of Morton. 

1 hour ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Agree that I'm more disappointed to lose Crawford  than McDaid.

But I wish him well and I do hope he kicks on.

I'll never forget his Messi dribble goal at Easter Road after a couple of minutes. Pure Robbie Magic. :thumsup2

Really hoping Mr McCall pulls a few crackers out of the bag on the signing front.

Aye that goal at Hibs was superb.  Always think it's funny that if his mazy against Killie where he waltzed past 3 or 4 had ended up in a goal rather than a cracking save by McDonald he would have gone down as an all time legend. Small margins.  

3 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Seriously though , any actual real time thoughts or ideas of how we (united) move forward  in reality ?

In a ideal world:

GK- Doohan

Defender- No idea, Michael Doyle from qots perhaps

Centre Midfielder- An attacking one, someone who can chip in with 5-10 goals a season. 

Winger- a direct winger, someone who can take on the full back and beat him and get decent balls into. Boy from Coventry maybe? 

Strikers- Zak Rudden and Kris Doolan. If we’re wanting to go with a target man upfront perhaps Ross Stewart? 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In a ideal world:

GK- Doohan

Defender- No idea, Michael Doyle from qots perhaps

Centre Midfielder- An attacking one, someone who can chip in with 5-10 goals a season. 

Winger- a direct winger, someone who can take on the full back and beat him and get decent balls into. Boy from Coventry maybe? 

Strikers- Zak Rudden and Kris Doolan. If we’re wanting to go with a target man upfront perhaps Ross Stewart? 

I'd be delighted if we got Stewart on loan. He would be a great option up top.

As for a centre mid with goals in them would that not apply to Telfer?