The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tinpot Livi
5d04d2ba62fdc_Screenshot_2019-06-15Anothernewfacearrives-LivingstonFootballClub.thumb.png.034ae00e6c3df92f7780987a650e9aad.png
Sounds as if he's going to be a bench warmer at the beginning when be says about being heavy on midfielders. Either that some are going out the door, if it's Sibbald or Erskine we'll take them at Somerset lol.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t really think any team in a league above us can be called tinpot right now. Livi is a big step up for him in terms of league and the quality of players he’ll be playing with and against.

Wish him all the best tbh.

Think he’s meaning the fact it’s the wrong Robbie Crawford they have posted on the signing announcement. 

Think he’s meaning the fact it’s the wrong Robbie Crawford they have posted on the signing announcement. 

Nah I started typing this before he posted that photo. I was more talking about clubs like Hamilton being called tinpot etc.

This has probably been asked and answered already but when are the next fixtures released? I’m praying for Arbroath away on the opening day. Also has it been confirmed whether BBC Scotland will be continuing with the Friday night games? I don’t mind the odd Friday night home game but away games are just a hassle. 

This has probably been asked and answered already but when are the next fixtures released? I’m praying for Arbroath away on the opening day. Also has it been confirmed whether BBC Scotland will be continuing with the Friday night games? I don’t mind the odd Friday night home game but away games are just a hassle. 

Next Friday for the league fixtures.

I was under the impression that every Friday night there would be a game but I’m not sure if that’s happening. I’ve definitely heard that all the Dundee derbies will be a Friday night.

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Crawford has signed for for Livingston.

All the best to him. I actually think it was the right time for him and the club.

Definitely a step up and I look forward to seeing how he does in the Premiership.

I’m actually pleased at Crawford moving out of this league, the laddie was a more than a handful for opponents to deal with. 

He was a player I would have had at the Pars in a heartbeat 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

All the best to him. I actually think it was the right time for him and the club.

Definitely a step up and I look forward to seeing how he does in the Premiership.

Yes it will be an interesting one to see how he gets on. Whilst he certainly has potential I struggle to see how Holt is better placed to develop him than McCall

Yes it will be an interesting one to see how he gets on. Whilst he certainly has potential I struggle to see how Holt is better placed to develop him than McCall

Well he’ll be playing and training with better players for a start. That alone should improve him.

Playing against better teams every week will also help.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well he’ll be playing and training with better players for a start. That alone should improve him.

Playing against better teams every week will also help.

He won’t be training with anyone of the quality of Andy Murdoch :wub:

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Next Friday for the league fixtures.

I was under the impression that every Friday night there would be a game but I’m not sure if that’s happening. I’ve definitely heard that all the Dundee derbies will be a Friday night.

Heard the Dundee derbies will  come out as normal dated as a Saturday but TV rights is going to change them to Friday nights 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'd definitely have Muirhead in the team ahead of Bell. No nonsense defending is underrated these days.

Also, anyone suggesting Moore is a starter clearly wasn't paying attention last season. He looks done at this level and his short term contract reflects that. 

I agree we need about 6 new signings tbh.

From a purely defensive perspective I'd agree with you, however if we are continuing to play the same passing and possession style of last season, then Muirhead will become a liability with his punting the ball as opposed to passing it on the deck out of defence.

Last season we were able to build up and play out from the back with Rose and Bell along with Smith & Harvie all comfortable on the ball but if we're going to have the likes of Ferguson, Muirhead and Adams, then I think our style of play will need to completely change, especially with one of our best link men in Crawford now gone.

Who knows ?

I suppose we'll need to wait and see who else we sign.............

All the best Robbie I'm sure he will do well with livi if played in the middle band not out wide but Robbie, Shankland, Rose, McDaid and Smith would most likely will have been our highest earner's let's hope we can use the money to bring in decent replacements

15 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Stranraer  really do have a lot to thank Ayr for. Between away crowds and ex players/loans we're basically keeping the club afloat these days.

Thanks to Ayr for agreeing loan, We will pay his wages, Does Ayr never use the loan system, and if you do hope you pay their wages, We have a good reputation over last few years for bringing on youth players. All the best to the boy I am sure he will develop into a good asset for your club,

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

All the best Robbie I'm sure he will do well with livi if played in the middle band not out wide but Robbie, Shankland, Rose, McDaid and Smith would most likely will have been our highest earner's let's hope we can use the money to bring in decent replacements

Was just coming on to post the same re: wages.  When you also factor in the talk of Moff / Kerr / Geggan etc being offered reduced terms we would be entitled to expect some decent quality signings to come.

Definitely far more disappointed to lose Crawford than I was McDaid.  

Thanks to Ayr for agreeing loan, We will pay his wages, Does Ayr never use the loan system, and if you do hope you pay their wages, We have a good reputation over last few years for bringing on youth players. All the best to the boy I am sure he will develop into a good asset for your club,
McCalls not a fan of loans in saying that Ross Doohan from Celtic was a roaring success last season Cadden from Livi and Miller from Celtic did OK.