D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fs Tom Lang away to Dunfermline, hate to say it but Dunfermline looking seriously good, thought we'd be battling with them for mid table but just now they look miles better than us.

I'm actually thinking the opposite with Dunfermline, they have signed players from the lower leagues unproven at this level, and Paul Paton who is done.

Certainly not looking "seriously good" on my piece of paper

Ah well, Crawford is away, i wouldn't have mind keeping him, but i'm not disappointed he's gone. A lot of our success came from Murdoch and Kerr last season and if we invest in that area, we can get better. 

Has Charlie Telfer got a club yet?
Not sure, thought he'd signed for Falkirk but that was maybe the other Morton midfielder, can't remember his name.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

I take it this was the potential announcement today Robbo63 was talking about.

Was so , hopefully new player announced by middle of next week , talks have taken place , believe it has been whittled down to us and 1 other club 

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:
54 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
Has Charlie Telfer got a club yet?

Not sure, thought he'd signed for Falkirk but that was maybe the other Morton midfielder, can't remember his name.

You are thinking of Tidser I think. 

Tidser has signed for Falkirk ,but they are also after Telfer who played 29 times last season and scored 5 goals . Not a bad option for us to step in and offer Championship football . Also youngster Liam Burt just released by Rangers ,very tidy play ....

Would certainly take Telfer, plus McCall seemingly has good links with old firm clubs so hopefully chance of getting some talent from there.

Michael Tisder has but I think he was pre contact bat Xmas time

Diddy League thread for this pish.

Just going back on the Dunfermline signings.  Nisbet has a lot to prove at this level like Shankland did, do I think he could match what Shankland did? No. Turner and Murray untested at this level. Paton part of the Falkirk mess last year and Lang in the same category as Nisbet. Not saying they won’t turn out to be good signings, but on the face of it it’s a big risk IMO.

At least with us so far, Roscoe seemed to do well at this level, a tried and tested defender. Let’s see what the next few weeks bring.

Was so , hopefully new player announced by middle of next week , talks have taken place , believe it has been whittled down to us and 1 other club 

Doolan I’d imagine?

There’s not actually been a lot of rumours about who’s signing this season apart from Doolan so he’s the only one I can think of.

Would definitely take Charlie Telfer as Crawfords replacement, a central midfielders who scored 5 goals, badly need players from midfield who can score goals. Issue was masked last season with Shankland upfront.

Get a feeling there will be a lot of teams after Telfer.

Leon Murphy????
Thoughts Guys???
Hope you have a good season!!!!

Highly rated by McCall and staff. Apart from scoring on his debut vs East Stirlingshire he’s only really made a handful of appearances.

He’s never going to play for us this season so sending him to league 1 should benefit him if he gets regular game time.

Roscoe comes across well in the interview with AUmedia, seems fairly intelligent and articulate about his role, strengths as a player and what he wants out of his career. Refreshing, to be honest! Not sure how bright the rest of the team are...

Stranraer  really do have a lot to thank Ayr for. Between away crowds and ex players/loans we're basically keeping the club afloat these days.

Edited by UpInTheAyr