The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Our best starting 11 when everyone is fit is probably something like:

Hare-Reid

Ferguson Muirhead Roscoe Harvie

Geggan  Docherty Murdoch Forrest 

McCowan Moore

Subs: Adams, Geggan, Kerr, Moffat 

With hopefully six signings to come in I’d expect the bolded players to be squad players when everyone is fit. 

Docherty can't just be a squad player. Club captain, a good pre-season hopefully, and he needs to step up a level.

Same with wee mcguffie and Forrest (although tbf he showed clear improvement at the start of last season).

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see Moff and McCowan in the same team both play a similar role and I wouldn't any of the two as a out and out striker

Aye exactly my thoughts. McCowan and Moffat are number 10 ten types while Moore and hopefully 1 or 2 others will be our number 9 option. 

Just now, pandarilla said:

Docherty can't just be a squad player. Club captain, a good pre-season hopefully, and he needs to step up a level.

Same with wee mcguffie and Forrest (although tbf he showed clear improvement at the start of last season).

McGuffie is no where near good enough to be a starter in this division. Was dug meat for Raith Rovers. 

McGuffie is no where near good enough to be a starter in this division. Was dug meat for Raith Rovers. 
There's still a chance he'll break in to the team in a big way and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Hopefully he gets a good pre-season and earns a wee run in the team.

There's still a chance he'll break in to the team in a big way and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Hopefully he gets a good pre-season and earns a wee run in the team.
He has so much potential hope he can start to show it this season but I would say it's probably a make or break one for him

I’d be quite happy with Bell and Roscoe as the first choice pairing for the Betfred cup games just to see how they get on.

For all that Rose was immense last season, Bell played a big part by talking him through games at times. More so in League 1 in fairness but he helped at times last season. If he can do the same with Roscoe or another younger centre back then he’ll be worth his place in the team.

I'd definitely have Muirhead in the team ahead of Bell. No nonsense defending is underrated these days.

Also, anyone suggesting Moore is a starter clearly wasn't paying attention last season. He looks done at this level and his short term contract reflects that. 

I agree we need about 6 new signings tbh.

Edited by Trogdor

Let's wait and see Crawford boss the premiership and end up going down south in a couple of years, calling it now. Might shut up all the anti Crawford mob. Are we due any sort of development fee or is he too old for that.

I don’t really think any team in a league above us can be called tinpot right now. Livi is a big step up for him in terms of league and the quality of players he’ll be playing with and against.

Wish him all the best tbh.