The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 hours ago, rb123! said:

Tidser and Buchannan, two players i would have taken for us but instead have dropped to the seaside league to play for Falkirk. Meanwhile we wait at Somerset....

I'd probably have taken both as well, however there will be loads of players available shortly and it's actually a buyers market.

Most clubs are cutting their cloth which means players released and looking for some sort of security as quick as they can. As for us, we're now in a decent enough position in as much as we're looking a bit more established in the Championship due to last seasons exploits, we're not bad as a location, we've got a highly regarded Manager and we do have money available to sign players.

They will come, they'll not be sure why, but they will come, they'll have this overwhelming desire to ply their trade in the field of dreams which is Somerset Park.

They will come................

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Would Aidan Nesbitt be worth a punt? Free agent after leaving Dundee United. 

Someone on our forum heard he is signing with us, but no idea if any substance to it....

Would happily take him back, he did well for us a few years back.

See Raith Rovers have three championship clubs either submitted a bid or considering bidding for Euan Murray their CB, would be a good replacement for Rose but doubt we'll be actually offering money for someone. 

This had made me think, when was the last time we actually paid a fee for someone, i get the feeling it'll be Moffatt from Girvan but not sure.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See Raith Rovers have three championship clubs either submitted a bid or considering bidding for Euan Murray their CB, would be a good replacement for Rose but doubt we'll be actually offering money for someone. 

This had made me think, when was the last time we actually paid a fee for someone, i get the feeling it'll be Moffatt from Girvan but not sure.

Had to buy Jordan Hart afaik. 

Dunfermline, Dundee and Peterborough were the names mentioned I think.
Had to buy Jordan Hart afaik. 

Yep

After a tribunal we paid them some paltry fee I think.

Don't really get the doom and gloom about lack of signings so far, lots off decent players out there just two as an example Nisbet as mentioned above and Charlie Telfer who would be an ideal replacement for Robbie if he leaves if we haven't signed any one in 3 weeks I'll start worrying

Apart from Josh Todd, there’s not another player that’s been signed by another team in this league that I’d bite your hand off for and he was never in a million years going to sign for us.

Looking at the signings some are young players coming up from England or absolute jobbers that have been doing the rounds in the lower leagues for a few years.

There’s a couple of young players making a step up that I would’ve liked us to sign but I’m not overly impressed by any of the business done by teams in the league so far.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apart from Josh Todd, there’s not another player that’s been signed by another team in this league that I’d bite your hand off for and he was never in a million years going to sign for us.

Looking at the signings some are young players coming up from England or absolute jobbers that have been doing the rounds in the lower leagues for a few years.

There’s a couple of young players making a step up that I would’ve liked us to sign but I’m not overly impressed by any of the business done by teams in the league so far.

I think it’s more the fact that we appear to be the only team in the bottom three leagues who haven’t added anyone

I think it’s more the fact that we appear to be the only team in the bottom three leagues who haven’t added anyone

True but I’d rather we took our time and got the right players than rush in and sign a load of jobbers.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You wouldn't take Kevin Holt? I appreciate it's not a position you need help in but he's a better player than this division in general.

You wouldn't take Kevin Holt? I appreciate it's not a position you need help in but he's a better player than this division in general.

If we didn’t already have Harvie then probably.

But I wouldn’t swap them.

36 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In fairness we've re-signed most of our squad as opposed to the other sides having clear outs and bringing replacements in.

I'd say we're in a decent enough position, especially since the transfer window has only opened today, however the priority is to get the goalkeeping position sorted out as soon as possible as that's a position where we won't have many options and also we would need someone bedded in prior to the start of the season / betfred cup.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we didn’t already have Harvie then probably.

But I wouldn’t swap them.

I think Harvie might be one of the main men for us this season, he was certainly one of them over the last few months of the season, wish the fans would give him a break as he is one that doesn't handle the abuse.