The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You're an ayr fan and you're saying there's no place for sentiment? Read the chairman's message again and see if there's no room for sentiment.

Don't be so daft.

Yes there's a big difference between the leagues and yes we need to strengthen but players are not robots. They perform differently in different teams.

Do you mean to tell me that footballers aren't created in laboratories?

We need at least one goalkeeper, Higgins and Rose plus another two defenders. This is where being full time will benefit, picking up decent part time players like Bell with the offer of full time football. Boyle was ok last time in the Championship but he is another injury prone player, Ferguson went from brilliant to dreadful to ok over the season but is still young, Reid was ok this year but again, always injured.

I would be keen to keep Crawford, Doc, Adams and Geggan but you wouldn't get 36 games out of any of them. Kerr at 35 may be past Championship level. 

McDaid, Forrest and McGuffie should all be kept, all are highly regarded at the moment outwith Ayr and may be tempted elsewhere.

Shankland resigning would be a huge boost, Moore is a very different player to him and has scored goals in the Championship before. 

Hart

Rose, Higgins maybe Boyle and Ferguson

Crawford, Doc, Adams, Bell, Geggan

Forrest, McDaid, McGuffie

Moore Shankland Moffat

I think that would allow a core of this season to be kept with enough room to freshen up

I'll leave McCall to it and critique his team once we're kicking the ball in anger, I've been highly critical in the last 2 seasons but he's actually only been a few players short at the right time in both seasons.

Hope Wuffster sends Declan a wee video of his balls into the box on Saturday, the boy can put a tremendous ball in there when he wants, just needs to believe in himself a bit more.

Hopefully Shankland resigns, if not, ffs hope he doesn't just jump at the cash, he needs to make sure it's the right manager with the right playing style to compliment his style,  he should get down to Seaforth and finds a sprinting coach asap, find a yard and he can play a few levels above us.

Hopefully someone tells big Rose to concentrate  more, the lackadaisical streak is going to stop him fulfilling his undoubted potential.

10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'll leave McCall to it and critique his team once we're kicking the ball in anger, I've been highly critical in the last 2 seasons but he's actually only been a few players short at the right time in both seasons.

Hope Wuffster sends Declan a wee video of his balls into the box on Saturday, the boy can put a tremendous ball in there when he wants, just needs to believe in himself a bit more.

Hopefully Shankland resigns, if not, ffs hope he doesn't just jump at the cash, he needs to make sure it's the right manager with the right playing style to compliment his style,  he should get down to Seaforth and finds a sprinting coach asap, find a yard and he can play a few levels above us.

Hopefully someone tells big Rose to concentrate  more, the lackadaisical streak is going to stop him fulfilling his undoubted potential.

He can put a corner in the box as well. On Saturday McGuffie and Forrest must have had half a dozen corners between them where they failed to get it past the near post.

He's another one I'd expect to get a few offers, rumours of Dunfermline earlier in the season and seen their manager there at the Alloa game.

He can put a corner in the box as well. On Saturday McGuffie and Forrest must have had half a dozen corners between them where they failed to get it past the near post.
He's another one I'd expect to get a few offers, rumours of Dunfermline earlier in the season and seen their manager there at the Alloa game.

I just presume Johnston was there to watch Callum Smith and PJ Crossan for Alloa. They’re on loan from Dunfermline.

Plus he was hooked at half time in that game so hopefully he was put off by that.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Balatoni's been released by Torquay. Just in time for him to jump back on the Ayr gravy train.

No thanks. I’d rather not revert back to the shite that got us relegated last time. 

2 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

I just presume Johnston was there to watch Callum Smith and PJ Crossan for Alloa. They’re on loan from Dunfermline.

Plus he was hooked at half time in that game so hopefully he was put off by that.

Pj Crossan is on loan from Celtic, I'd imagine he'd be looking at Smith, we're stacked with wingers and I can't see McDaid getting a game in front of any of them tbf. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No thanks. I’d rather not revert back to the shite that got us relegated last time. 

Like Adams, Crawford, Forrest, Docherty, Rose etc? 

Noticed a lot of the players putting the classic Ric Flair #wooooo at the end of their tweets so done a bit of digging to see why and it turns out afte the game where Raith beat us 2-1 at Starks Lewis Vaughan was given it the wooooo’s outside our dressing room trying to wind us up. This just keeps getting better and better 

#roaringback #woooooooo

44 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Noticed a lot of the players putting the classic Ric Flair #wooooo at the end of their tweets so done a bit of digging to see why and it turns out afte the game where Raith beat us 2-1 at Starks Lewis Vaughan was given it the wooooo’s outside our dressing room trying to wind us up. This just keeps getting better and better 

#roaringback #woooooooo

Aye, apparently he was doing it during the game at Somerset while getting pumped 3-0 couple of them were saying :lol:

Whit a wee freak Lewis is