The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Anyone at the gaitey tonight?

Yeah I was there.

In terms of next season he didn't give too much away. I didn't get the impression that he's leaving Ayr and stresses that he wants Ayr in the Premiership but it won't happen overnight. Last season was great but with a bit of disappointment because of how it ended. 

He was asked a couple of times about players staying. Celtic were delighted with how we treated Doohan. He's not spoken to Lennon but spoke to Stevie Woods (the goalie coach) and he said that theres been a marked improvement in Doohan's physicality whilst he's been at Ayr. Compared to Conor Hazard, who went on loan to Thistle and came back physically "like a bag of shite".  

He spoke to Crawford today before he went on holiday and made him an offer. He's got 2 Scottish Premiership offers and 1 from down south which he won't take because of the travelling. He doesn't know yet whether he'll sign. 

Moore has been offered a deal as well but the problem with him is he's just had an operation which rules him out for the next 12 weeks. McCall stressed we've got a duty of care to our players but also that we're not a charity case. I'm not really sure how that'll turn out. He's also close to signing a centre back but similar to Rose, won't be an automatic starter and is someone they hope can progress over the next season or two. 

There was loads of other things over the two hours about Ayr and his career but the AU Media guys were there filming so I'm guessing you'll be able to watch it soon enough. I thought he came across pretty well tbh. 

Yeah I was there.
In terms of next season he didn't give too much away. I didn't get the impression that he's leaving Ayr and stresses that he wants Ayr in the Premiership but it won't happen overnight. Last season was great but with a bit of disappointment because of how it ended. 
He was asked a couple of times about players staying. Celtic were delighted with how we treated Doohan. He's not spoken to Lennon but spoke to Stevie Woods (the goalie coach) and he said that theres been a marked improvement in Doohan's physicality whilst he's been at Ayr. Compared to Conor Hazard, who went on loan to Thistle and came back physically "like a bag of shite".  
He spoke to Crawford today before he went on holiday and made him an offer. He's got 2 Scottish Premiership offers and 1 from down south which he won't take because of the travelling. He doesn't know yet whether he'll sign. 
Moore has been offered a deal as well but the problem with him is he's just had an operation which rules him out for the next 12 weeks. McCall stressed we've got a duty of care to our players but also that we're not a charity case. I'm not really sure how that'll turn out. He's also close to signing a centre back but similar to Rose, won't be an automatic starter and is someone they hope can progress over the next season or two. 
There was loads of other things over the two hours about Ayr and his career but the AU Media guys were there filming so I'm guessing you'll be able to watch it soon enough. I thought he came across pretty well tbh. 
Educated guess Hamilton and livi in for Crawford.

I believe it was filmed for the Gaiety archive and not for general release.

I believe it was filmed for the Gaiety archive and not for general release.

Maybe but I’m not sure why the AU media guys were doing it? Unless they just offered to help.

Sorry but I’m remembering things that I thought were either interesting or quite funny.

He was asked about Harkins at Ayr. He admitted that Gary wasn’t good enough for us and this was mainly down to his fitness. He says there’s no doubting his talent but he knows of a few personal problems he’s had which won’t be disclosed that he feels has affected his career. McCall feels that him having 5 clubs in 4 years shows that he’s at fault for that instead of managers but says that he’s not at a stage in his life where he can look at himself and admit wrongdoing. It was all quite cryptic but you got the sense that they’re quite close and he didn’t want to criticise him too much.

He called Morgyn Neill “fucking murder” in his spell at Ayr. Although he couldn’t actually remember his first name when the question about his first signings was put to him.

Said when he first came to Ayr the whole dressing room was so poisonous because there were certain senior players leading the younger guys astray. Seemed like a dig at McLaughlin imo.

He’s delighted with the guys that are coming through the Academy. Mainly because bigger clubs are trying to sign them. Hibs wanted Michael Hewitt before he signed and Rangers are still trying to buy Owen McGinty.

I’ll probably remember more stuff later.

Kris boyd, to guide us to the premier league...

Aye I forgot he mentioned him.

Also sent a text to Steve Clarke telling him to “hurry up and f**k off to Scotland so I can get out your shadow”

Kris Boyd is going to power us to the title next season, McCall phoned him last week and the reply was "are you trying to get us both killed". McCall said afterwards though that he won't rule him out, not sure if that was a joke or not.

Also said we're close to a CB but might take time to settle like Rose, not sure if it's someone just released from a premiership club.

Think most points have been covered, he also mentioned he turned down three job offers over the season from Partick Thistle, Falkirk & Notts County.

Sounds like he has the ambition to take the club to the next level but it needs to be matched by financial investment, many steps behind. Was going on about gps fitness tracking and stuff.

I didn't take the Boyd comment as a joke, I think hes deadly serious about being interested in him. Doolan got a mention as well in relation  to how clubs can treat players and managers poorly. Wouldn't be surprised if he was another target

Ideally would like to send Ecrepont out on loan to a lower division but he will be back up to Danny Harvie next season, who he tipped to be the next one to win a big move. 

Reinforced the one club closest to his heart is Partick despite turning them down recently and admitted taking the QotS job was a mistake, his heart ruled over his head.

Edited by diege

He did say when if he can build his team around Boyd, he could be a real asset for us. 

He talked about Ross Doohan coming back on loan if he wasn't the 2nd or 3rd choice keeper at Celtic (Which i think he will be at Celtic) 

Judging by the way McCall was going, i'd be surprised if we see Robbie Crawford for next season. 

McDaid wasn't mentioned. 

Take it McDaid didn’t get a mention or any other signing targets other than the CB. 

No mention of McDaid whatsoever.

I didn’t really expect him to come out and say who or what we’re trying to sign. Just mentioned Kris Boyd and the CB. Although he said if Doohan isn’t going to be 2nd or 3rd choice next season at Celtic he’ll be back at Ayr.

Don't really know what to make of the Boyd thing couldn't buy a goal in this league 4 years ago playing for rangers but was top scorer in Prem two seasons ago plus I hate the DKB, mind you if he was banging them in I could maybe let bygones be bygones.

Don't really know what to make of the Boyd thing couldn't buy a goal in this league 4 years ago playing for rangers but was top scorer in Prem two seasons ago plus I hate the DKB, mind you if he was banging them in I could maybe let bygones be bygones.

Jerome vareille spring to mind though

Mark Roberts also, only half joking about the DKB thing but if the guy who played at Somerset in the Betfred two years ago turned up what would be the point as he was rank rotten that night

I think Clarke coming in helped him out and changed the team to get the best out of him.

McCalls reasoning tonight was he thought we missed a physical presence up top like ICT had with White (although he then said the boy was absolutely useless). In his opinion Boyd would be useful around the younger guys which he’s right with. I think he’s far more likely to sign for Partick and we’ll end up with Doolan.