The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think Johnstone and Jim Jeffries bought a couple each that they rent out to players. I know some Kilmarnock fans are annoyed about that and the way the hotel was carved up

Yes, I think you're right.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really starting to get concerned with the lack of news coming out the club. We need 7/8 new players depending on who re-signs. 

I'm sure you were the same this time last year and indeed said you were 'dreading' the season ahead.  Chill.  It will be fine.

*feel free to come back and quote me on this in a months time if nothing has happened haha.  

59 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I'm sure you were the same this time last year and indeed said you were 'dreading' the season ahead.  Chill.  It will be fine.

*feel free to come back and quote me on this in a months time if nothing has happened haha.  

Aye he’s a panic merchant of the highest order. 

Really starting to get concerned with the lack of news coming out the club. We need 7/8 new players depending on who re-signs. 
You are kidding right? It's not even June yet?

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Ferguson was getting good reviews from the Dumbarton fans for his performances last season, he always seems solid enough, has a bit of height and has obviously improved with regular 1st team football.

He might not be as good as Liam Smith but realistically we'd have no chance of finding anyone as good as Liam Smith so Ferguson has been recalled to play as our first choice RB as far as I'm aware and of course we have Ecrepont joining the first team squad who if confirming the lofty expectations should also be challenging for a first team start, despite his young age and inexperience.

I think we should be concentrating our finances in the middle of the park and up top and of course on the Goalkeeper, should we fail to get super Roscoe back..............

I have no doubt Ferguson will have improved from his loan spell. However had needed a lot of improving to become established in the league below never mind a bigger jump. Hope he proves me wrong but let’s hope the season tickets are all sold before anyone realises if he’s first choice right back 

48 minutes ago, ftk said:
4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You are kidding right? It's not even June yet?

Seem to remember June 1st had some significance in a lot of players being able to make moves. Almost a full month before pre season and panic already...

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Seem to remember June 1st had some significance in a lot of players being able to make moves. Almost a full month before pre season and panic already...

I think you might be right, of the few deals I've seen they all mention they are pre-contract agreements, I dont think you can actually sign anyone (re-signing is ok obviously) until the window opens again.

I *think* the 31st of May is "officially" the end of the European 'winter' season (Rep. Ireland and Nordic countries are summer leagues as far as I know).  I think it standard practice that contracts expire on the 31st May, but players are free to sign with whoever within 6 months of their end date.  If there's no fixtures left for your team, most players aren't back at their clubs if they're going elsewhere.   

Players can't be registered if they are new transfers till the transfer window opens again on the 9th June, but that doesn't stop you from announcing a player as having signed as they won't be playing until after that date.  

I'd also add, that in the Prem and Champ there probably won't be significant movement of players until promotion/relegation is finalised in the Premiership.  Once teams know where they are and what players are available, it should create movement.  

Edited by super_carson

Aye, I probably am a bit of a panic merchant as @Honest_Man#1 aptly put it but looking at who we have signed up already I’d only hope/expect Murdoch, Forrest and Harvie to be regular starters. 

From the players we have offered contracts too (Geggan, Kerr, Adams, Moffat  and Bell) I’d hope that Moffat is the only starter. 

So it leaves McCall to find seven players  who will come straight in to the starting 11. A big ask imo but hopefully he gets it right. 

I *think* the 31st of May is "officially" the end of the European 'winter' season (Rep. Ireland and Nordic countries are summer leagues as far as I know).  I think it standard practice that contracts expire on the 31st May, but players are free to sign with whoever within 6 months of their end date.  If there's no fixtures left for your team, most players aren't back at their clubs if they're going elsewhere.   

Players can't be registered if they are new transfers till the transfer window opens again on the 9th June, but that doesn't stop you from announcing a player as having signed as they won't be playing until after that date.  

I'd also add, that in the Prem and Champ there probably won't be significant movement of players until promotion/relegation is finalised in the Premiership.  Once teams know where they are and what players are available, it should create movement.  

Yeah 31st of May is the official date for expiring contracts.

I would imagine McCall will have given deadlines to current players like Moffat, Geggan etc to decide on the new deal before then and after that he can look at new players.

As already mentioned we’ve got a group of players already signed up so it’s not as if we’re so far behind in terms of recruitment.

Aye, I probably am a bit of a panic merchant as [mention=26955]Honest_Man#1[/mention] aptly put it but looking at who we have signed up already I’d only hope/expect Murdoch, Forrest and Harvie to be regular starters. 
From the players we have offered contracts too (Geggan, Kerr, Adams, Moffat  and Bell) I’d hope that Moffat is the only starter. 
So it leaves McCall to find seven players  who will come straight in to the starting 11. A big ask imo but hopefully he gets it right. 
I think there's probably going to be two starters from your list rather than just one.

Ferguson will be our starting RB, in competition with geggan of he re-signs, and I can see doc starting in centre mid.

We need the minimum of a GK, centre half, centre mid, striker, and another flexible creative player. Anything else would be a bonus.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think there's probably going to be two starters from your list rather than just one.

Ferguson will be our starting RB, in competition with geggan of he re-signs, and I can see doc starting in centre mid.

We need the minimum of a GK, centre half, centre mid, striker, and another flexible creative player. Anything else would be a bonus.

For me we need

GK/ Doohan

RB

2x Starting centre backs

CM 

2 Wingers (1 if McDaid re-signs)

2 Strikers (1 if Moore and Moffat re-sign)

For me we need
GK/ Doohan
RB
2x Starting centre backs
CM 
2 Wingers (1 if McDaid re-signs)
2 Strikers (1 if Moore and Moffat re-sign)

8 top quality signings will be a big ask, could see 4/5 decent signings, couple of loans and maybe a gamble signing.