D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Apparently we are the front runners for Kris Doolan after initially not being enamerded with the prospect I think now he could be a decent signing

Apparently we are the front runners for Kris Doolan after initially not being enamerded with the prospect I think now he could be a decent signing

He could come under the same banner as Adams, Kerr and Bell - a player thought to be finish at another club who enjoys a renaissance.

Curiously in the photo of the article of the Ayrshire post I saw, there was no mention of Moore considering a new deal? Either he’s already signed or rejected it and is moving on thenZ.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Not sure about this one particularly if Moffat is still around. For me Doolan relied a lot on his pace but didn’t look that mobile last season. If it did happen then would be hoping Moore has moved on too

43 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Not sure about this one particularly if Moffat is still around. For me Doolan relied a lot on his pace but didn’t look that mobile last season. If it did happen then would be hoping Moore has moved on too

Kris Doolan has never been a player who relied on his pace. He’s never had pace to rely on. He’s scored lots of goals at this level and above because of his exceptional first touch and finishing.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Kris Doolan has never been a player who relied on his pace. He’s never had pace to rely on. He’s scored lots of goals at this level and above because of his exceptional first touch and finishing.

That could actually suit us, as being possession based and playing with wide players, we're really lacking someone who can take a pass and create a yard with a first touch and get a shot off. Shankland was playing increasingly as a link player outside of the box and Moore's first touch isn't good enough to create the space when heavily marked.

I always liked both Doolan and Erskine as players and if they have good enough footballers around them and are still fit enough, then there's certainly no reason why they couldn't still do a job at this level as the likes of Moffat confirmed last season.

Have Boyd and Doolan signed yet? 

22 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If he was never quick then he had plenty of clever movement which troubled defenders and caused problems.  Looked sluggish any of the games I saw him last season

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Have Boyd and Doolan signed yet? 

Scott Boyd? Doolan has about 5 clubs wanting him, but hopefully working with McCall again sways him.

6 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Who's boyd?

Would assume Scott rather than Kris given the Partick connection. 

44 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Nicky Devlin back in at the club today #justsaying

Can someone get his autograph for me please? Preferably on a contract for next season.

Would assume Scott rather than Kris given the Partick connection. 
I knew it wouldn't be kris Haha I actually forgot about Scott he was at Ross county before that other lot wasn't he?

25 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

Scott Boyd? Doolan has about 5 clubs wanting him, but hopefully working with McCall again sways him.

Thought that would get us Erskine but it never happened

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Good point but he managed to get a move up a league, whereas Doolan has offers at our level so hopefully we have more chance.

55 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

30 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Cos Erskine is good enough for the SPL

22 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'd much rather have moffat than doolan. 

Why can't we have both? Moff is a creator, Doolan is a goal scorer.

17 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

Why can't we have both? Moff is a creator, Doolan is a goal scorer.

He scored about 6 goals last season. 

Ironically, moffat scored 11 goals which is probably the highest amount he has ever got in this league.

Edited by THEHonestman1910