The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don’t want Ferguson or Geggan as starting right back although I suspect Ferguson will start the season as right back.

I think it’s only fair to see if he’s improved at all after Dumbarton.

I don’t think it’s a smart move to waste money on a position we already have 2 players in when only 1 can play at a time. I would rather sign a versatile centre back that can cover RB if Ferguson and Geggan can’t cut it.

What page can this be found on as I can’t be arsed trawling through 40+ pages looking. 

If you’re on mobile then it’s on page 30. It’s just a one off comment saying he’s coming here but if he was at the wind up I don’t think he’d have posted it there.

Ferguson never seemed the attacking type, I can't see him bombing up and down the wing whipping in crosses. That might change how we use our RM next season.

Hopefully next season we go back to how we were in league 1 before Shankland signed, with everyone chipping in with goals. In reality we'll probably struggle and look a bit lost.

Ferguson never seemed the attacking type, I can't see him bombing up and down the wing whipping in crosses. That might change how we use our RM next season.

Hopefully next season we go back to how we were in league 1 before Shankland signed, with everyone chipping in with goals. In reality we'll probably struggle and look a bit lost.
I'm happy to start with Ferguson, but he'll certainly need to have improved a lot.

Smith is a very big loss, but a more conservative right back might work out well for us.

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hope I'm not reading to much into this and he will be back on loan next season.IMG_20190519_211429.jpg

Doohan has certainly been a success this season so why would he come back again? Surely he should be moving on to the next level (whatever that looks like) in his journey to eventually challenge for the no1 jersey 

Doohan has certainly been a success this season so why would he come back again? Surely he should be moving on to the next level (whatever that looks like) in his journey to eventually challenge for the no1 jersey 

It’ll ultimately be up to Celtic.

I can’t see teams in the Premiership wanting him as he can’t play against Celtic. The other option would be a L1 or L2 team in England.

Considering his age Celtic might want to keep him local so they can work on his development during the week, then loan him to an English team in a couple of years. He trained with Celtic during most of the week this season and he's still got a bit of bulking up to do.

De Vries is very likely to be leaving Celtic Park in the summer so that would push Doohan up to 3rd choice. Can't see Gordon being more than a bench option next season with Bain having stolen the glove from him. Given how young the lad is I can't see any harm with him having a second season in the championship, its a very tight league with not much between the teams so a good place for him to cut his teeth and keep developing....maybe clutching at straws here but would love to see him back. 

According to Wikipedia Celtic have, Bain, Gordon, De Vries (sure he's retiring though) Hazzard (who was on loan to Partick) Doohan and
Ryan Mullen, personally I would think the situation were Doohan played each week and trains most of the time with Celtic would make sense, a lot though will depend on who is their manager next season, don't think Ayr were Lennon's most favourite team when he was Hibs manager

According to Wikipedia Celtic have, Bain, Gordon, De Vries (sure he's retiring though) Hazzard (who was on loan to Partick) Doohan and
Ryan Mullen, personally I would think the situation were Doohan played each week and trains most of the time with Celtic would make sense, a lot though will depend on who is their manager next season, don't think Ayr were Lennon's most favourite team when he was Hibs manager

Lennon effectively helped McCall get the Ayr job but I’d be shocked if he was at Celtic next season.

Given it’s unlikely we’ll get a striker as prolific as Shankland we need the rest of the team to chip in with more goals. Before January we certainly weren’t a one man team but did end up becoming over reliant on Shankland to carry us through in the league. His 24 goals were scored over 16 games, Moffat (5 goals over 4 games )and  Moore (4 in 3 games). Out with the strikers the best was McDaid on 4.

From the players currently under contract for the upcoming season Forrest and McCowan seem capable of scoring around 5 each from midfield not so much Murdoch and Docherty.

If they stayed you’d be hoping Moffat, McDaid and Moore could add a couple more to last season’s total.

Adding a winger, a centre midfielder and a centre back who can help on the goal front might ease some of the burden on whoever is given the task of replacing Shankland.

As for Doohan I imagine whoever Celtic’s next manager is will have a look at him in pre-season especially with De Vries leaving, concerns over Gordon’s fitness and Bain being average.

Hopefully they bring in a new No.1 and we can get him back but since this is the club that once cancelled Scott Fox’s loan because their 3rd choice keeper got injured I’m not sure we should put our eggs all in the one basket.

2 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Beerman and Burt been released from Rangers good young hungry players if Ayr managed to get would kick on and do really well for them

Can you just give us a list of all available players in one go instead of spreading it out for the next six weeks. To spare us all.

His loan is up and he'll return to Celtic for pre-season. New manager, Lennon or otherwise will look at the players he has and decide if anyone will go out on loan.

Will Doohan be first choice at Celtic ? no. Bain or Gordon might not be either, but they aren't likely to have one of them sitting in the stand and Doohan on the bench.

I would would Doohan to be back on loan at Ayr next year