D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Exactly

Can’t imagine there being many natives from Glasgow or Johnstone that support Ayr. Certainly not pubs full of them having Ayr parties like Dryhorce just claimed there are.

It was all over the Ayr Facebook thing nobody is claiming anything cos it happened and no doubt will happen again for him leaving the 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

Been better this year, beats position centre half, but can play (as per last season) at left back and can fill in at right back.

Stays in Kilmarnock so make sense Ayr being interested, and he wants to stay fT

Iain Davidson is an awful, awful football player.
Connor Murray has looked pretty decent anytime I’ve seen him. Michael Doyle has found his level at Queens. 
His level being the Championship. So not a player you'd be interested in?

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Connor Murray has looked pretty decent anytime I’ve seen him. Michael Doyle has found his level at Queens. 

His level being the Championship. So not a player you'd be interested in?

No. 

Doyle is probably an upgrade on Muirhead but from what I’ve seen of the latter that’s not saying much.

I can’t really remember much about Murray when we were in League One but if he’s solid enough and can play CB and FB then he’s maybe worth a punt.

However I’m not overly keen on keeping Bell and Adams. I’d rather have one of them (preferably Bell), Muirhead and 2 new signings.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Exactly

Can’t imagine there being many natives from Glasgow or Johnstone that support Ayr. Certainly not pubs full of them having Ayr parties like Dryhorce just claimed there are.

There's a handful of us from the Garnock valley who attend regularly and another 15 - 20 or so that I know used to go regularly but who have now moved away from the area or just lost interest.

In fairness some have family connections to Ayr but apart from that we're still Ayrshire and the only two options of a senior team were Ayr or Killie, although Paisley is slightly closer, so St. Mirren also a local team, all be it in Renfrewshire.

As you say though, it's highly unlikely that anyone living outwith Ayrshire with no family ties to Ayr would support Ayr (unless of course they had serious masochistic tendencies like the rest of us).............

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There's a handful of us from the Garnock valley who attend regularly and another 15 - 20 or so that I know used to go regularly but who have now moved away from the area or just lost interest.

In fairness some have family connections to Ayr but apart from that we're still Ayrshire and the only two options of a senior team were Ayr or Killie, although Paisley is slightly closer, so St. Mirren also a local team, all be it in Renfrewshire.

As you say though, it's highly unlikely that anyone living outwith Ayrshire with no family ties to Ayr would support Ayr (unless of course they had serious masochistic tendencies like the rest of us).............

Or went back to watching Rangers and Celtic 

Muirhead had been shite up until last Saturday, where I then thought he was immense against Inverness, won everything

Is there a player in Kallum Higginbotham? Seen he’s been freed by Dunfermline but not sure if he’s one of those guys that has a few moments a season.

A centre half pairing of Euan Murray and Michael Doyle would be a considerable upgrade on any pairing we had this season.

Doyle looks like he's been a victim of his own versatility at Queens (playing him on the right wing being particularly peculiar) but he's been an absolute rock at centre half whenever we've played them. He's strong, aggressive, good in the air, seems like a great leader on the pitch and barely gave Shankland a sniff this season. He's superior to Muirhead in pretty much every way.

I think we're in trouble if we go into next season with David Ferguson as our first choice right back. He had a good spell at Dumbarton but to be honest I thought he looked like a player who'd found his level at a mid-table League 1 team.

Did we not have Doyle in training with us last season before he signed for Queens and decided against him?

Can’t see McCall going back for him again.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

a player you'd be interested in?

:angel

I think we should he aiming higher than Michael Doyle. No disrespect to QoS when saying that.

If we want to kick on we need proven Championship players (ala Smith & Murdoch) or take a chance on some players released by Premier League clubs  (ala Harvie, Rose, Shankland etc.). I'm confident McCall will unearth some gems. 

I think we should he aiming higher than Michael Doyle. No disrespect to QoS when saying that.
If we want to kick on we need proven Championship players (ala Smith & Murdoch) or take a chance on some players released by Premier League clubs  (ala Harvie, Rose, Shankland etc.). I'm confident McCall will unearth some gems. 
Michael Doyle is a proven Championship player. He isn't the best defender in the division but could still do a job for any club in the league.

Queens fans getting really protective about a bunch of jobbers that seen them finish second bottom and a massive 16 (sixteen) points behind the Super. 

This is spot on! We should not be looking at the dreggs of players who we bellow our level most of last season we should be looking at guys from the Prem who have been released and with something to prove I see Regan Hendry has been let go by Celtic the Raith fans love him but seems a bit injury prone it's players like that though we should be looking for trying to unearth another Shankland or Rose

Queens fans getting really protective about a bunch of jobbers that seen them finish second bottom and a massive 16 (sixteen) points behind the Super. 
I'm not getting protective. I'm doubtful Doyle will even be a QoS player next season but to suggest he isn't a Championship level player is utter shite and I'm just pointing that out.

This is spot on! We should not be looking at the dreggs of players who we bellow our level most of last season we should be looking at guys from the Prem who have been released and with something to prove I see Regan Hendry has been let go by Celtic the Raith fans love him but seems a bit injury prone it's players like that though we should be looking for trying to unearth another Shankland or Rose

I get what you’re saying but there’s also guys in League One who’ve had stand out seasons and should be looking to step up a level. We should also be looking at experienced Championship players to surround younger, exciting guys.

The guys we’ve been linked with like Dom Thomas, Kyle Turner, Euan Murray have all had good seasons and naturally should be looking to move up a level. I don’t think we should ignore them just because they’re League One.

I agree re Hendry though. He seems to have done well but I think he tore his ACL. If he can get over it then I think he’d be a decent signing.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I get what you’re saying but there’s also guys in League One who’ve had stand out seasons and should be looking to step up a level. We should also be looking at experienced Championship players to surround younger, exciting guys.

The guys we’ve been linked with like Dom Thomas, Kyle Turner, Euan Murray have all had good seasons and naturally should be looking to move up a level. I don’t think we should ignore them just because they’re League One.

I agree re Hendry though. He seems to have done well but I think he tore his ACL. If he can get over it then I think he’d be a decent signing.

I think the Raith boy was on the wind up regarding Euan Murray as there has been no mention of it on their thread. 

Anyhows, anyone who spells it Euan instead of Ewan is one for the watching imo. 

I think the Raith boy was on the wind up regarding Euan Murray as there has been no mention of it on their thread. 
Anyhows, anyone who spells it Euan instead of Ewan is one for the watching imo. 

He mentioned it on their thread vs QOTS. He also said Daniel Armstrong had signed for us a week before he signed for Ross County so you’re maybe right.

Agreed though. Unless he’s willing to change his name I don’t want him at the club.