The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Wonder if the left back he's made an offer to is that Marshall who left QOTS.

Probably is

I’d imagine he’ll have a few offers on the table though.

Anyway today’s business takes us to 15 players. I’d imagine we’ll look to run with a squad of 20 with around 5 or 6 youngsters.

GK

Defenders
Geggan, Rose, Bell, Higgins, Ecrepont

Midfielders
Forrest, Doc, McGuffie, Kerr, McCowan, Murphy

Forwards
Moffat, Shankland, Moore, Hilton

Just watched McCalls Ecrepont interview.

He reminds me sometimes during interviews of Spud in Trainspottings interview where he rambles a bit and says far to much. 

Yes, Young Fin, he is the best player in his, well, top six anyway, of players in the country.......at his age.........in his position.....that are called Fin......Fin Ecrepont.

58 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if the left back he's made an offer to is that Marshall who left QOTS.

Doubt it he wanted a club closer to his home on England was tired of the travelling.. 

Did my ears deceive me during the main interview or did our manager think for a moment we were playing in the"Skol Cup" next season :lol:

Blast from the past innit

Likes a Skol does oor Ian

18 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

The keeper will be Ryan Scully from Partick. I’m 99% sure of it.

I'd say that's a fairly good shout. McCall brought Scully in at Thistle and was keen to tell anyone who'd listen that he was a future number one.

Obviously not quite worked out that way but every coach that's worked with him has rated him quite highly. His kicking is poor and personally, I find his positioning questionable which leaves him more susceptible to long range worldies than any keeper I've seen - in fact, Ayr's own Lawrence Shankland scored one against him for Queens Park about 5 years ago. 

I expect he'll be a solid Championship keeper though and would be a good signing for Ayr.

Edited by Armand 2

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s me just had a chance to listen to McCalls interview, Few key points

- Was meeting Jamie Adams tonight at 5pm, was working on farm. Interest from a few Irish teams due to being based in Stranraer. 

-  David Ferguson currently on holiday, will speak with him when he’s back.

- Interest from 1 premiership and 2 championship clubs for Robbie Crawford. Thinks he’s a vital player for us and if he stays fit this season thinks there will be bigger clubs in for him next season.

- Met with McDaid’s ‘man’(I’m presuming this is his agent) on Monday. A slight issue but he’s hoping to have that tied up in the next couple of days.

- Believes he’s close to securing a goalkeeper.

- Made an offer for a left back.

- Wants a midfielder and CB but this will be budget depending. Said he had spoken to the club involved so that to me either suggests a loan (did someone not mention Scott Martin who was on loan to Arbroath from Hibs last season being a target) or trying to get someone out of contact I.e. Andy Stirling. 

He again reiterated the importance of people signing up to Au500 and getting their season tickets early. 

Andy Stirling has another year on his contract at QoS. 

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Andy Stirling has another year on his contract at QoS. 

I know and I’ve just re-read what I said and didn’t word it particularly well. What I meant is we’d need to get him out his contract at your mob. 

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I know and I’ve just re-read what I said and didn’t word it particularly well. What I meant is we’d need to get him out his contract at your mob. 

Wouldn't think that would be a problem to be honest. 

If Bannigan is fit enough to resume his career come August he'll be straight into the Thistle starting eleven.

And if he’s not fit then we shouldn’t be taking a risk with him.

Safe to say Scully didn't leave on good terms.
a.thumb.png.356542a52d89b66278582bb6d216c428.png
Not if you actually read the whole thing. He has a quick moan about the way he found found out he was being punted and was then very complimentary.

I can't believe he used the word "gotten" though. Disgraceful behaviour.