D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just before we moved from Ayr in 1988 and the old man had a few cashflow problems I vividly remember him trying to get both of us in by writing a cheque! Failed 
God loves a tryer.

On 08/05/2019 at 21:28, rb123! said:
On 08/05/2019 at 21:08, Hursty said:
I quite liked him ability wise but then again only saw him in maybe 4 games - one of which was the aforementioned Dumbarton game when he wasnt interested.  Although Raith look in a reasonably strong position to go up so might not be an option anyway.   
Noticed Ryan Williamson released by Dunfermline.  Could tick the boxes for McCall as an option - young, likes to get forward, was well thought of but has lost his way after a couple of bad injuries. 

Ryan Williamson away down south apparently

Only as far south as Glasgow - saw he signed for Partick today!

53 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Only as far south as Glasgow - saw he signed for Partick today!

It was dunfermline fans who i saw saying he was going down south, pretty sure McManus said the same last year and then moved to Ross County.

What did we all have for dinner tonight then? Homemade burgers and chips for me. 

What did we all have for dinner tonight then? Homemade burgers and chips for me. 

That time again is it?

Steak pie for me.

Bacon roll and some pizza.

Is this for new signings, or just general updates?

Korean Pork and Boiled Rice from the T&M fitness range , not only are these guys good  PT instructors they also have nutritious meals you can order , £5 a pop great taste and value 

Wonder what'll happen to Moff's business if he doesn't sign on again. I think he uses Somerset as a base for his classes.

Wonder what'll happen to Moff's business if he doesn't sign on again. I think he uses Somerset as a base for his classes.

Depends where he goes really. I can’t see him wanting to have to move his family away again.

I think he’ll sign though.

Sorry to distract from what we all had for our dinner...

Just watching that Shankland video that was posted on the SRE (I didn’t have a lump in my throat, honest). Got me thinking, who’s the best player you’ve seen play for Ayr? There should be a wide range of ages here so it should be an interesting discussion.

It maybe sounds a bit knee jerk to say Shankland, but he is up there for me. I’m of the age where I only have very hazy memories of the Bill Barr era, so can’t really remember specifics about any players. It wasn’t until the two Rabs where I was old enough to take a proper interest, so I really am blessed that my footballing life largely coincides with the clubs shitest days.

I think the only one who’s up there with Shankland is Stevo - he really dragged us through games ala Shankland at times - so it’s probably between the two of them. I’d also give honourable mentions to Roberts and Moff in the 13/14 season. After that it really is slim pickings for someone my age.

Sorry to distract from what we all had for our dinner...
Just watching that Shankland video that was posted on the SRE (I didn’t have a lump in my throat, honest). Got me thinking, who’s the best player you’ve seen play for Ayr? There should be a wide range of ages here so it should be an interesting discussion.
It maybe sounds a bit knee jerk to say Shankland, but he is up there for me. I’m of the age where I only have very hazy memories of the Bill Barr era, so can’t really remember specifics about any players. It wasn’t until the two Rabs where I was old enough to take a proper interest, so I really am blessed that my footballing life largely coincides with the clubs shitest days.
I think the only one who’s up there with Shankland is Stevo - he really dragged us through games ala Shankland at times - so it’s probably between the two of them. I’d also give honourable mentions to Roberts and Moff in the 13/14 season. After that it really is slim pickings for someone my age.

Shankland, Stevo and Moff are the only ones I’ve seen that I’ve been absolutely gutted when they left. And with the last 2 absolutely ecstatic when they came back.

But Shankland is the best I’ve seen at Ayr. Without a doubt.

The video that guy made was class as well.

I'm actually more gutted to see Michael Rose leaving over Shankland. And i'd be sick if Moffat doesn't get a new contract.
You've not watched the video.

Albion rovers away last year, and Dundee and Dundee United away were the biggest highlights for me. Huge goals. Incredible times.

Shankland signs for Sunderland/Swansea/Blackburn. 

They get the dreadful version of Shankland, he goes out on loan to us in September in a bid to get his mojo back. 

Bookmark this. 

Best player I've seen in an Ayr shirt? Absolutely loved watching John Sludden, Henry Templeton, Tommy Walker, Alan Horace, Duncan George, Mark Roberts, Dean Keenan, Ryan Stevenson, etc, but the entire teams of the last 2 years have been an absolute honour and a pleasure. Too many to pick anyone out as, when they clicked! Boy, did they click. Annan away in the Betfred cup gave me goosebumps!!!