The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully be the first of a few this week then.

If we don’t at least make one new signing( as  well as a few re-signings) I want McCall’s head on a stick. 

If we don’t at least make one new signing( as  well as a few re-signings) I want McCall’s head on a stick. 

I think we should run a sweepstake this year to guess how long it’ll take before someone genuinely calls for McCalls head.

I’m going for July after being beaten 3-1 by Morton which leaves us bottom of our League Cup group.

55 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just seen that Paddy Boyle has signed for Peterhead, good luck to him.

Ffs that team turning into ex ayr united team, providing Fleming and Cairney are still there.

He could play at a higher level than league 2 but I guess he thinks he could get another league winners medal.

He’ll skoosh League 2. Could easily have played for an Airdrie or Dumbarton but I’m guessing Peterhead are still throwing cash around so that probably enticed him more.

I still think we're miles ahead of recent seasons and really just need Rose, McDaid and Crawford to confirm their situations. I'd also be offering another year to big Jamie as his power, committment and versatility could prove invaluable next season.

Other than that, it's a proven Left back, a Goalkeeper, possibly another striker and a utility style defender to complete our squad.

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I still think we're miles ahead of recent seasons and really just need Rose, McDaid and Crawford to confirm their situations. I'd also be offering another year to big Jamie as his power, committment and versatility could prove invaluable next season.

Other than that, it's a proven Left back, a Goalkeeper, possibly another striker and a utility style defender to complete our squad.

Don't think we need another striker, We certainly need a GK, LB, CB and CM. If I'm being greedy I'd also like a winger.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if AU Media will have a video with McCall

They uploaded pictures of Somerset (which looks beautiful in the sun btw) so would expect an interview either with him or Rose.

Adams gives us that presence that is often required considering the rest of our squad is pretty lightweight, he's also a huge threat at corner kicks / set pieces and the fact he can cover CM and CB is another plus.  The big question is who could we possibly sign to give us these sorts of qualities ?

I'd also hope we tie up McDaid as he improved dramatically last season and another season of full time training could bring him on even further. He has pace and a bit of trickery plus links well with Shankland and Moore, again I'd be very surprised if we could improve upon him with our expected budget...........

3 year deal, would anticipate though that he's going to be another year away from the first team yet...

I think we may see him in the league cup and then McCall will decide.

He was prepared to play him last season but wasn’t allowed to.