The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I hope that the 500 fund keeps growing quickly while it has momentum.
Could make the difference in getting the best quality in these crucial positions.
Would still love to see a bit of a 'wildcard' signing, an unknown from deepest, darkest Poland, Slovakia or somewhere.
A new hero in the making.
Or just some random that McCall saw playing keepy uppy on the bench while on holiday.
What's Ronaldinho up to these days?

IMG_6237.jpg

10 minutes ago, DanielB said:

IMG_6237.jpg

.....before he sets off on his latest adventure as a marauding number 10 with newly promoted Championship club Ayr United FC.

Calvin Ayr said, "When I heard what he was up to, it was a no brainer for me. He is still very fit and has great ball skills, and his soon to be wives will be perfect for our kit launch"

Manager Ian McCall said, "When Lachlan called me I nearly spat out my cosmopolitan mocktail. The boy has great potential and I'm sure he won't mind a cold December Tuesday at Alloa, not with those 2 wee crackers keeping him warm"

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What do Ayr fans expect from next season? #

A Livi-esque tilt at promotion?

Mid-table?

8th and happy about it?

Battling with Alloa to avoid the drop?

Depending on how we and others who I reckon will be around us assemble squads, 6th-8th might not be outwith our capability.  Last time around, we drew too many games and if we had the strike force then we have now, I reckon we’d have survived. All down to the keeper and defenders we sign now.

Mid-table?
8th and happy about it?

It depends on what business we do before the league starts and of course what business the teams around us do as well. I think Alloa will most likely finish bottom but Morton don’t have a manager and I can see them ending up with a Lee McCulloch type and being bottom at Christmas.

I don’t think we’ll get top 4 but mid table is definitely realistic right now.

If we end up 8th I would be happy tbh. It’d be an improvement on recent years on going straight back down after promotion but I think McCalls long term strategy is to consolidate us in this league and push for top 4.

Depending on how we and others who I reckon will be around us assemble squads, 6th-8th might not be outwith our capability.  Last time around, we drew too many games and if we had the strike force then we have now, I reckon we’d have survived. All down to the keeper and defenders we sign now.

Pretty much this. We went through a spell where we were creating loads of chances but had no strikers to put them away.

This time around I’m more confident with our forward players so it’s just about cutting out the stupid mistakes at the back.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Mid-table?

8th and happy about it?

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Mid-table?

8th and happy about it?

McCall has already stated that he will not be changing the way we play, which I'm sure went a long way to secure the likes of Shankland and Moore for another season.

So, attack, attack, attack.

Question is, where will that get us this season?

It should get us more wins, league safety etc.

Like has been said, keeper and defence is what will place us further up the table.

If we can get a rock solid defence we should be optimistic.

30 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Mid-table?

8th and happy about it?

Ninth place. Potentially 8th should a Morton or Qos implode. Like the last three seasons it will come down to fine margins either way

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Mid-table?

8th and happy about it?

Too early, ask when the squad is finalised.

Ninth place. Potentially 8th should a Morton or Qos implode. Like the last three seasons it will come down to fine margins either way

Sign a good experienced keeper add some steel in defence and bolster the midfield and we’ll do just fine. Some work to do though to find the missing links.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Mid-table?

8th and happy about it?

We don't have a hooped top, that means we won't be 10th at least. 

Folk taking to abusing Ruddy on twitter. Classy. 

Saw that. Strange that folk are still thinking about even after we won the league.

Sure someone told Hart to leave the club or something like that on Twitter before.

That's me just set up a £20 a month standing order to the AU500 fund, sent the email enquiry yesterday and was given membership number 179 so don't think it'll be long until it's at 200.

The number last Sunday in the update was 123. If it’s moved up to 179 in the space of six days that is magnificent. Only two off quadrupling the number from a couple of months ago!

Without wanting to sound like Ally Morrison, could Jason Talbot be a transfer target for the LB position. Hasn’t signed a new deal at Dunfermline and we know McCall loves an ex par. A right nasty b*****d aswell. 

174CB3FC-0A77-46FF-8B16-7A2169CA71BF.jpeg

Edited by ayrunitedfw