The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Looks like it's going to be Robbie Crawford out wide from now until the end of the season.    

Aw get a grip of yourself. He won’t have been the only option.

Still expecting two players to come in before Thursday. 

19 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Wardrop would be a baffling signing. I’m sure he’s injured anyway and that’s why Ferguson went to Dumbarton.

It was just a total guess on my part. Can’t think of anyone else with them initials. 

I wouldn't want us signing a championship / league 1 journeymen type just for the sake of it, unless it's someone who's definitely going to improve our squad or someone who's an unknown quantity with a decent pedigree then I'd rather we didn't bother.

Let's face it, we've just loaned out Ferguson and McGuffie, so unless what we get is going to be much better than either of those, then it would seem a pretty pointless exercise, especially as our squad is now returning to full strength with the exception of Forrest of course.

Wardrop would be a baffling signing. I’m sure he’s injured anyway and that’s why Ferguson went to Dumbarton.
It is. We had agreed a deal with Wardrop and he got injured before it was signed, the club confirmed it when we announced Ferguson...

The boss also revealed that injury cost him the chance to bring a familiar face back to the C&G Systems Stadium.
He said: "We had everything in place for a deal for Sam Wardrop to return to the club for the rest of the season.
"But the player then sustained an injury. It is a real shame for the club and the player, who we wish well in his recovery.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our manager had said Scougall was close to joining someone on loan but was being held up as he was ill, so it adds up.

If he does sign do you think he can do a job here? We’re in need of a winger, can he play there or where’s his best position? 

Our manager had said Scougall was close to joining someone on loan but was being held up as he was ill, so it adds up.

From what you’ve seen of him would he do well in the Championship?

I’ve only ever seen him briefly at Sheffield but in understand he’s had a few injuries since then.