The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Interesting listening to McCalls post match interview last night where he said about how it's difficult to get players released from their premiership clubs and come to us. Not sure if he was relating to a failed deal or that was a hint it could be a guy from the premiership. Can't remember if we went on to say anything about a loan, don't think so.

Would take him in an instance, probably take a few games to get up to speed but is someone with the talent who's just lost his way a bit. Just like Shankland, McDaid and Smith when we signed them.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Interesting listening to McCalls post match interview last night where he said about how it's difficult to get players released from their premiership clubs and come to us. Not sure if he was relating to a failed deal or that was a hint it could be a guy from the premiership. Can't remember if we went on to say anything about a loan, don't think so.

Would take him in an instance, probably take a few games to get up to speed but is someone with the talent who's just lost his way a bit. Just like Shankland, McDaid and Smith when we signed them.

In what world had Smith (or even McDaid) "lost their way a bit" before we signed them? :lol:

In what world had Smith (or even McDaid) "lost their way a bit" before we signed them? [emoji38]
Well maybe not as much Smith but McDaid was a guy full of talent but stuck playing for the reverses at thistle and the odd appearance on the bench. McCall snapped him up and over time has turned him into a quality player who can destroy full backs (when he feels like it) and is now probably good enough to play in the premiership.

In what world had Smith (or even McDaid) "lost their way a bit" before we signed them? :lol:

McDaid was a promising young player but wasn’t getting a look in at Thistle. Clearly wasn’t high in demand either when we managed to get him.

55 minutes ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, eez-eh said:
In what world had Smith (or even McDaid) "lost their way a bit" before we signed them? emoji38.png

Well maybe not as much Smith but McDaid was a guy full of talent but stuck playing for the reverses at thistle and the odd appearance on the bench. McCall snapped him up and over time has turned him into a quality player who can destroy full backs (when he feels like it) and is now probably good enough to play in the premiership.

I don’t think McDaid can play Premiership. He’d have to get a lot better with consistency, as at the moment he has one great game then does little for the next ten.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t think McDaid can play Premiership. He’d have to get a lot better with consistency, as at the moment he has one great game then does little for the next ten.

You're 100% right he has the ability to play at a higher level but not the consistency.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_3131.jpg

I really can’t see it unless he’s willing to take a wage cut.

He would still be paid the same wherever he goes if it's a temporary transfer. 

Edited by itzdrk

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He would still be paid the same wherever he goes if it's a temporary transfer. 

I suppose so yeah. 

Then I guess it depends on how much of his wages St Johnstone are willing to pay. 

looking at the teams that are interested, we're the team with the lowest wage for him, i'd love to get him, but if leyton orient come in for him, he'd be getting close to tripling his wages. 

As said above though he won’t be tripling his wages as it’s a loan move. He’ll only get whatever he’s currently on at St Johnstone.

It’s down to who’s willing to pay more of his wages.

What's with this scougall player am I missing something he has hardly kicked a ball this year so why the big rush to sign him

I checked earlier and was surprised he’s not played since August in the League Cup.

He’s clearly a good player and I remember seeing him a few times at Sheffield but he seems to have had an injury plagued time in Perth.

Tbh I’d be slightly concerned as he clearly won’t be match fit if he’s not played in so long. We really need someone that can come in and make an impact. Not someone who could take weeks to get up to scratch.