The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Fantastic performance to a man last night, United never got a kick of the ball and at absolutely no point did they look threatening. Ayr on the other hand were superb, played all the football and basically ran United ragged.

I thought Docherty was excellent last night and the tough tackling of both him and Murdoch set the tempo right from kick off, McDaid was also brilliant last night and had their rb on toast (again) but the whole team were great, they had that togetherness again which had been missing the past few weeks and it was also great to see Moore score a fabulous goal as you could visibly see the pressure lift from him and he also seemed to gain an extra yard in pace afterwards.

The other bonus was a clearly unfit Shankland making his return, but that 15 - 20 mins should be invaluable in getting him match sharp again for Tuesday.

Super Ayr -- You have returned to us !!!

Fantastic performance to a man last night, United never got a kick of the ball and at absolutely no point did they look threatening. Ayr on the other hand were superb, played all the football and basically ran United ragged.
I thought Docherty was excellent last night and the tough tackling of both him and Murdoch set the tempo right from kick off, McDaid was also brilliant last night and had their rb on toast (again) but the whole team were great, they had that togetherness again which had been missing the past few weeks and it was also great to see Moore score a fabulous goal as you could visibly see the pressure lift from him and he also seemed to gain an extra yard in pace afterwards.
The other bonus was a clearly unfit Shankland making his return, but that 15 - 20 mins should be invaluable in getting him match sharp again for Tuesday.
Would be inclined to go same again Tuesday night but introduce Shankland around the hour mark for a little more game time. Felt Moore worked his ass off last night so deserves a vote of confidence. Plus will leave Shankland fresher for Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:
36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Would be inclined to go same again Tuesday night but introduce Shankland around the hour mark for a little more game time. Felt Moore worked his ass off last night so deserves a vote of confidence. Plus will leave Shankland fresher for Saturday.

I wouldn't disagree with this. Moore played well and ran his heart out and Shankland looked well of the pace, I suppose McCall will assess him in training this week and hopefully make the right call.

Whatever happens it looks like both the players and us the fans have got our confidence back !!!

15 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:
43 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This. 

I felt bringing Shankland on last night when he did was a great call from McCall.

It wasn't because Moore was playing badly (he was great!) but it gave the place a huge lift. The fans were buzzing and so were the players. It definitey helped get us over the line.

I don't think Lawrence will be up to full fitness for Tuesday and expect Moore to start and Shankland to get most of the second half.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has Moffat's style of play changed? Didn't he used to bang goals in for Ayr in his first spell? I can't see how he did that with the type of player he is. His link-up play is excellent and I do wonder if Shankland would have had as good a season if he wasn't there?

He reminds me a lot of Lyle. He isn't going to beat many players for pace so has to make sure his brain is one step ahead.

I said a few weeks ago that he's the best supporting striker in this league and I stand by it, great player. 

He's quicker than what you'd think, at least over a short period of ground he's got a good burst of acceleration. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

I said a few weeks ago that he's the best supporting striker in this league and I stand by it, great player. 

He's quicker than what you'd think, at least over a short period of ground he's got a good burst of acceleration. 

He used to be pretty rapid, as he's getting slower his brain is speeding up.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Think that's fair enough. 

If he has one big weakness its that his finishing can be pretty wild. 

Not quite, his finishing is tremendous if he doesn't have time to think about it, totally different the minute it's not an instantaneous decision.

Certainly an awful decision by Johnston to let him go , obviously completely our gain! Though I don’t remember many Dunfermline fans being overly bothered!