The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It would make absolutely no sense if we are ending up with a net deficit of 1 player from an already small and injury hit squad.

Given the fact that our home crowds are ahead of budget and we've netted additional cash from our league cup run plus TV covering our Scottish cup humiliation, would make even the most pessimistic supporter think that there must be cash available.

As for Muirhead, while I'm pleased enough about his signing, his position was certainly not a priority and the fact that we've now let McGuffie go, who would undoubtedly have been involved in some way tomorrow, tells me that we MUST have someone else lined up ?

Surely ???

How can any Ayr fan possibly be pleased with this signing?

The boy is awful.

How can any Ayr fan possibly be pleased with this signing?
The boy is awful.

Because for the majority of his career he’s been pretty good.

It’s not the first signing McCall has made where we’ve heard other fans laughing at it and the player then goes on to prove them wrong.

With Forrest injured and Crawford putting in some fairly brutal performances recently on the wing, I've been of the opinion for a ew weeks now that McGuffie should be given a couple of starts in that area. For us to loan him out and not have someone coming in today would be absolutely shambolic business. 

It's just plain weird even if he didn't start McGuffie on Friday he was at least an option of coming of the bench and changing the game, I'm sure young luke Mccown and James Hilton are great prospects but if McCall didn't trust them to start v Talbot or even come off the bench he's not likley to use them against Dundee United

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:
Big talk from a team who have just announced Ryan Scully.

Muirhead though. Worst centre half I've seen this season

Who knows. This could easily be their Scott MacKenzie” scenario. The guy was an absolute legend for us. Went to St Mirren, and they hated him. Absolutely despised him. Came back to us, and despite the advancing years, gave us another chunk of decent service.

Muirhead has been awful for a season and a half in a Falkirk jersey (bar a halfway presentable game or two), but his early time with us, and his time with Thistle were pretty good.

If Ayr can coax those early career performances out of him, then he could be a CB re-born. If he carries on with the last season and a half’s nonsense, then he will be a disaster.

Just don’t be fooled by the last ditch tackle stuff. Just watch his actions prior to it being needed.

Wish him all the best, while happy that his time with us is done.

6 minutes ago, Smokiejohn said:

Thinking of coming along to tomorrow’s game with my son and experience Somerset Park under the floodlights.., what stand should we go too etc.. ? Grateful for any info .

Cheers , John

Depends, do you want to stand or sit? 
Seating is in the main stand,  Somerset road end (home - standing covered) / Railway end (away - standing covered). If you don't mind braving the elements then the north terrace is accessible from both the SRE and Railway end. 

Depends, do you want to stand or sit? 
Seating is in the main stand,  Somerset road end (home - standing covered) / Railway end (away - standing covered). If you don't mind braving the elements then the north terrace is accessible from both the SRE and Railway end. 

Thanks for the reply , not to bothered wether we sit or stand tbh ... just wherever is best for atmosphere etc ?

Thanks for the reply , not to bothered wether we sit or stand tbh ... just wherever is best for atmosphere etc ?

Best for atmosphere is 3 months ago...

If we’re winning then the Somerset Road End.
If we’re losing then the North Terrace is a good laugh.