The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, Iain said:

No idea why but I love the decision to play at Cumnock.

Same.

We should move the club to Cumnock and rename it Cumnock United.

P.S. bulldoze Dumfries House and build a super stadium there.

Edited by Richey Edwards

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I used to work with a guy who was obsessed with tractors and knew of every tractor in existence.

I think i worked with that bloke too. He eventually fell out of love with tractors though: he's an ex tractor fan. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I like Dumfries House, nice place to walk and free entry to the grounds. One of the few places in east ayrshire that doesnt deserve a bulldozer 

The nature stuff can stay. The house itself can be bulldozed though to make way for a new eco-stadium.

14 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Braodfoot served me ice cream a few days ago. Actually true 🤣 him and Tom Walsh albeit in different locations in town 

The big simpleton manage to serve you ice cream without burning his face off?

On 08/06/2023 at 20:20, diegomarahenry said:

He did, but we were due a development fee, Cameron allowed him to move without negotiating one before the player left.

This meant we had to take Dundee United to a tribunal which cost us outlay and we had to wait about a year for it to be paid.

That's not how it works. If he was moving under freedom of contract he can go sign where he likes. Neither Cameron nor anyone else can prevent it. Players regularly do so without negotiating a fee first although most signing clubs won't do so without knowing at least what ballpark it would be in. A Tribunal happens if the two clubs can't agree a deal and the player is already signed.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's not how it works. If he was moving under freedom of contract he can go sign where he likes. Neither Cameron nor anyone else can prevent it. Players regularly do so without negotiating a fee first although most signing clubs won't do so without knowing at least what ballpark it would be in. A Tribunal happens if the two clubs can't agree a deal and the player is already signed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/ayr_united/5328172.stm

It gets tiring when folk chip in when the could just google

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

It gets tiring when folk chip in when the could just google

Even worse when it's infamously tedious stattos who wander into random threads to dispense their wisdom.