The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

59 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Fair enough, loads of decent players are being touted at the moment my heart will continue break a little more as they sign for other clubs 😂

From what I was told pre contact signings/targets I wouldn’t get your hopes up on named/decent players.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

From what I was told pre contact signings/targets I wouldn’t get your hopes up on named/decent players.

This is my fear to be honest , I understand that we won't be burning money with Bangala, JML , Ashford,  Reading etc , rather just running down their contracts for a clear out in 2024 .That being the case it'll be a consolidation type season. It has to be more than five outfield signings if its to be more than consolidation. 

19 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

This just screams Andy Ryan doesn’t it. 

58 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

There Is also Lawson and Longridge who should fall inside any consolidation budget we may have .

Lawson is rank rotten, don't see the clamour to get Longridge back either. 

44 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

LAye I'm not looking forward to the season ahead tbh. Holding off getting a season ticket till I see who we've brought in. 

32 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

This is my fear to be honest , I understand that we won't be burning money with Bangala, JML , Ashford,  Reading etc , rather just running down their contracts for a clear out in 2024 .That being the case it'll be a consolidation type season. It has to be more than five outfield signings if it's to be more than consolidation. 

The squad in its current nick without Dipo (and Mullin) just screams relegation battle. 

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Haud me back

Edited by ayrunitedfw

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Without even talking about increasing our budget, if we are to just stand still as opposed to regress then Mullin, McAlear, Dipo and Maguire are all perceived as "top half" Championship players, so I'd at least be hoping for similar replacements.

I'm generally supportive of the club but if we're to lose guys like Mullin, Dipo, Chalmers / Maguire, etc and replace them with guys who are sub standard then instead of consolidating and kicking on it will feel like a bit of a betrayal by the club, especially if season ticket prices are going to be increasing (which I'm sure they are).

Assuming we pull in around £200k for Dipo coupled with our over achieving in prize money via both the league finish and the Scottish Cup then any backward steps in terms of signings will not be met at all well.

I get that we're stuck with JML, Ashford, McKenzie etc and O'Connor and Murdoch are apparently staying (which I'm fine about) but even at that we're still 4 or 5 starters short and it's these guys who are going to need to be quality acquisitions otherwise it's pointless as we'd be as well just playing Ashford, O'Connor, Mckenzie and JML in our starting 11 every week !!

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Without even talking about increasing our budget, if we are to just stand still as opposed to regress then Mullin, McAlear, Dipo and Maguire are all perceived as "top half" Championship players, so I'd at least be hoping for similar replacements.

I'm generally supportive of the club but if we're to lose guys like Mullin, Dipo, Chalmers / Maguire, etc and replace them with guys who are sub standard then instead of consolidating and kicking on it will feel like a bit of a betrayal by the club, especially if season ticket prices are going to be increasing (which I'm sure they are).

Assuming we pull in around £200k for Dipo coupled with our over achieving in prize money via both the league finish and the Scottish Cup then any backward steps in terms of signings will not be met at all well.

I get that we're stuck with JML, Ashford, McKenzie etc and O'Connor and Murdoch are apparently staying (which I'm fine about) but even at that we're still 4 or 5 starters short and it's these guys who are going to need to be quality acquisitions otherwise it's pointless as we'd be as well just playing Ashford, O'Connor, Mckenzie and JML in our starting 11 every week !!

Don't give Bullen any ideas

The idea of Lawson and Longridge doesn't fill me with much hope. I'd take a look at Balde that Arbroath signed in January, he's looked class each time I've seen him this season. Have we been openly linked with anyone aside from Stanger, Mutch and Ryan?

I've watched Dulwich Hamlet the last few seasons when I've been down to visit my mate in London, actually saw Faal that was on trial with us and he was a huge handful, bagged a goal as well. Worth revisiting him imo. Few other players like Bobby-Joe Taylor (Dorking), and Tafari Moore (ex-Arsenal youth) were good against Hamlet. I see that Prince Henry we were linked with last season is a free agent now...

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So looks like it’s county coming down. It’s one hell of a string league next season. Going to need to do some good business to make sure we are still in the league at the end of it 

I'm sure Uncle Roy will attempt to buy the league again. 

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So looks like it’s county coming down. It’s one hell of a string league next season. Going to need to do some good business to make sure we are still in the league at the end of it 

By the looks of it Ross County will need to buy a whole new team to even finish in the top four. They’ll definitely improve with a new manager and financial backing so you’d imagine the favourites for top four would be Dundee Utd, Ross County and then maybe Queens Park and Dunfermline. 

18 minutes ago, Iain said:

Thistle might be imploding here

Yes they've had some bad luck here today. But things level themselves out and everything that could go right did so n the previous play off games 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah, it's unknowns coming from Birkenhead and the like.  Chucking darts.  

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Well for the 6 game in a row thistle field the same team, everything falling for them, can’t see them losing this and watching the first 15 they are in no danger looks like Dingwall and Inverness next year a nightmare.

This aged well...