The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He was ropey even under Kerr. I remember that 3-2 where we were 2 nil up at Cappielow against a Hopkin managed Morton and we conspired to lose. I'm sure there was a horrendous backwards header by Reading In there. He was young and it was his first senior season so you went with it.

He got passmarks the next season because of his performance away to Killie when we won at Rugby Park. Although, he started that season getting turned inside out by old man Burke and any other right winger of any competence.

This season he has been considerably worse! Rarely getting forward or puting a cross in whilst being almost invisible defensively, either losing his man, being too easy beat or being incapable of stopping a cross. For a time, a few of us felt he wasn't getting enough protection from the left winger but whoever we put in there Reading has been the same.

I genuinely think it is best for all concerned if he goes imo.

I even remember when Maxwell was with us and a number of people wanted us to put Maxwell in at left back and drop Reading.

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This season he has been considerably worse! Rarely getting forward or puting a cross in whilst being almost invisible defensively, either losing his man, being too easy beat or being incapable of stopping a cross. For a time, a few of us felt he wasn't getting enough protection from the left winger but whoever we put in there Reading has been the same

He also had a big hand in the back post fiasco v killie at Somerset where we were 0-3 down in 20 mins  .

Talking about the pot lickers , their  free's list is up , a few decent operators in there but none in there who fit our profile maybe  . 

1 hour ago, North British 2 said:

He also had a big hand in the back post fiasco v killie at Somerset where we were 0-3 down in 20 mins  .

Talking about the pot lickers , their  free's list is up , a few decent operators in there but none in there who fit our profile maybe  . 

None of them fit our modus operandi.

Anyone else watching the Scottish cup final and imagining Reading v Jota, McGinty v Kyogo, Dempsey v McGregor, Dipo v Starfelt, etc? Pretty sure Ayr would've won easily.

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Anyone else watching the Scottish cup final and imagining Reading v Jota, McGinty v Kyogo, Dempsey v McGregor, Dipo v Starfelt, etc? Pretty sure Ayr would've won easily.

I got bored watching the English cup final and started making curry.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Yeah, for sure.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is it 3 years? I can’t even remember him in his first year but I think that’s down to me stopping watching the streams past December. 

Aye.  Fond memories of Mark Kerr shouting shitebag at him.  

Totally perplexed every time I read someone say he's regressed cause it's just no true.  

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye.  Fond memories of Mark Kerr shouting shitebag at him.  

Totally perplexed every time I read someone say he's regressed cause it's just no true.  

I know you've never rated him but you don't think he's worse this season than he has been in previous seasons? This season I think his weaknesses have become far more evident. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I know you've never rated him but you don't think he's worse this season than he has been in previous seasons? This season I think his weaknesses have become far more evident. 

I think last season he had a bit of a purple patch under Bullen and that maybe led to people (myself included) being reasonably happy with the new contract. 

In reality he’s always had the same issues of being caught under the ball, losing 50/50s and not getting forward enough. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

McInroy doesn't seem to be getting released by Killie in a rather bizarre move for someone who's made a whopping 11 appearances all season 

There’s plenty of time yet for contracts to be looked at and players to leave clubs. It’s unusual for those guys to be included in the same list as the ones out of contract. 

12 minutes ago, ecocme said:

I’m led to believe that McInroy is quite happy not playing and taking the cash at Killie! Might have a chance of a loan but he’s on a hefty wedge there. 

I’d heard we made a good attempt at getting him back in January but for whatever reason it didn’t happen and we ended up with McAlear. He won’t get the money he’s on at Kilmarnock anywhere else so you can see why he’d be happy taking it for another year and then seeing what his options are.

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d heard we made a good attempt at getting him back in January but for whatever reason it didn’t happen and we ended up with McAlear. He won’t get the money he’s on at Kilmarnock anywhere else so you can see why he’d be happy taking it for another year and then seeing what his options are

I heard the pot lickers wanted a fee and at that point we were out . Maybe our Mcinroy option is at an end .