The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The positivity comes from the season as a whole. You can’t ignore that it’s been good just because of the playoffs. Bullen has admitted it wasn’t good enough so it’s not as if the club are celebrating the recent result. 

I’d far rather there was some positivity rather than have the club sit about being depressed over the off season.  

You are probably right, I'm definitely someone who doesn't get carried away either way.   Couple of decent full backs and keep Chalmers and we'd have won the league. 

Fortunately the off season is about 3 weeks these days 🤣.  I'm off to visit the family back in the good old USA 🇺🇸 in July and won't be back until the league Cup has started- pipe dream is to take a break from it all and get back into it then but reality says il still be checking this daily 🤣

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

The centrum is a sensitive subject for myself 🤔 I am 100% convinced that the centrum was gifted to the public, yet we find a big f*ck off Sainsburys there now

"The public" would have meant "the resolutely staunch South Ayrshire council committed in its entirety to the destruction of the town". There's your answer.

Also it pains me to say this (what with there no longer being a single licensed premise between the Toll Bar and the Gowf) but while having a big fancy hockey team was certainly a draw, Ayr really did not actually need two ice rinks literally five minutes apart from each other on the same road.

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That's something to celebrate. 👏

Screenshot below as twitter doesn't seem to embed anymore.

Screenshot_20230528_230044_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98901fc1f287c633a883b7626cd910b8.jpg

There is no obligation for that money to go back into the club, and this once again highlights the enormous amount of money thrown away in the Scottish Cup.

Also including the league cup there is funny. That's significantly less than the club would have made on the gates over those games.

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There is no obligation for that money to go back into the club, and this once again highlights the enormous amount of money thrown away in the Scottish Cup.

Also including the league cup there is funny. That's significantly less than the club would have made on the gates over those games.

You’re right there’s no obligation but the likelihood is that it will. There’s obviously other things than new signings to pay for but you’d be expecting there to be more money available next season. Bullen is at least saying the right things about lack of experience and getting younger, sellable players in so I hope Mathie and Smith can deliver. 

9 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Buzzing to see who we're keeping/releasing etc. 

I'd assume the players will be in tomorrow to find out and then there will be a press release later tomorrow or maybe Tuesday?

I am pretty sure they will know by now. The only exceptions will be those who are waiting on other offers, Mullen perhaps, maybe McCallister. Houston maybe will have to prove his fitness first. 

McAdams will be off, Bangala will either accept the club paying up his wages for next year or hang about and maybe go out on loan for the remainder of his deal. O'Conner for me is 50/50 he was rotten against Thistle and has only been good in spells, but we also don't play with wide players in mind very often. 

55 minutes ago, Thumper said:

"The public" would have meant "the resolutely staunch South Ayrshire council committed in its entirety to the destruction of the town". There's your answer.

Also it pains me to say this (what with there no longer being a single licensed premise between the Toll Bar and the Gowf) but while having a big fancy hockey team was certainly a draw, Ayr really did not actually need two ice rinks literally five minutes apart from each other on the same road.

I'd have the centrum over the newton ice rink every day of the week.

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

He will surely come back and be a starter for them now they are down - proven to be one of the best players in the league and  already on their books. 

Is he not out of contract? If he is then I’d imagine he’d be very interested in coming back since he loved his time here and didn’t want to leave in the first place 

So  we're linked with the following : Robbie Mutch , George Stanger , Luke McCowan and Andy Ryan . No noubt other names will be mentioned in the next few weeks . It will be interesting to see who we get . The fact that we banked over £700k in prize money ,whatever we made on the gate etc in those cup ties and ofcourse the Dipo money should he go will put us in as strong a position in the market as we have ever been over the  last few years . I'd expect a marquee signing or two in there . Perhaps Dundee United will have a clear out,  if so Logan Chalmers would be a priority .

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

That's something to celebrate. 👏

Screenshot below as twitter doesn't seem to embed anymore.

Screenshot_20230528_230044_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98901fc1f287c633a883b7626cd910b8.jpg

If you haven't seen the full thread, this is the total prize money each of the teams in the Championship next season won this year, showing both Partick and Ross County and assuming ICT don't win the cup:

Dundee United £1.982m

Ross County £1.43m

ICT £820k

Ayr £721k

Partick £540k

QP £523k

Raith £430k

Morton £371.5k

Arbroath £309k

Dunfermline £198k

Airdrie £143k

Edited by edinburghhonestman

9 hours ago, Shibuya said:

I'd assume the players will be in tomorrow to find out and then there will be a press release later tomorrow or maybe Tuesday?

Doubt it considering Bullen is away down to the Sheffield Wednesday game. The players who aren’t being offered deals will know that’s the case though. 

I’d imagine we might hear tomorrow or Wednesday. 

9 hours ago, Shibuya said:

This is a bold move indeed. Going to suggest it's slightly more likely that the news will first break on Voice of Reason's twitter as usual.

19 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

If you haven't seen the full thread, this is the total prize money each of the teams in the Championship next season won this year, showing both Partick and Ross County and assuming ICT don't win the cup:

Dundee United £1.982m

Ross County £1.43m

ICT £820k

Ayr £721k

Partick £540k

QP £523k

Raith £430k

Morton £371.5k

Arbroath £309k

Dunfermline £198k

Airdrie £143k

This is a very interesting list but I would have represented the numbers slightly differently. In each of the competitions there is a minimum amount that you would receive (e.g. in the premier league, the minimum amount of money you would get was the amount that Dundee Utd got - £1,289,200). I would assume that each club had constructed their 2022/23 budget on that basis and therefore has already spent that money on wages etc. We know that some clubs (e.g. Partick) had made assumptions about finishing the league in a certain position therefore had already budgeted even more than the minimum.

So I think it is interesting to look at the amount above the minimum each club received - depending on the club's overall financial position that will give an insight into which clubs are able to increase their budget in 2023/24. Or in the case of clubs coming done, how well they can soften the landing.

1 minute ago, rgreig said:

This is a very interesting list but I would have represented the numbers slightly differently. In each of the competitions there is a minimum amount that you would receive (e.g. in the premier league, the minimum amount of money you would get was the amount that Dundee Utd got - £1,289,200). I would assume that each club had constructed their 2022/23 budget on that basis and therefore has already spent that money on wages etc. We know that some clubs (e.g. Partick) had made assumptions about finishing the league in a certain position therefore had already budgeted even more than the minimum.

So I think it is interesting to look at the amount above the minimum each club received - depending on the club's overall financial position that will give an insight into which clubs are able to increase their budget in 2023/24. Or in the case of clubs coming done, how well they can soften the landing.

Also doesn't take in to account other revenue streams to get total income. Looking at average gates Dunfermline's receipts are probably £700-900k more than ours depending on what they charge.

Nor does it take in to account the financial state of the club. The good thing about Ayr is that we're in a good place financially so anything over budget should be able to be used to keep developing the squad rather than servicing debt.

We are doing a play with the legends raffle , everyone who donates £5 or more ( every multiple of 5 gets another entry ) on the donations page will enter a draw to get a place in one of the teams worth £100 ( along with the prestige of playing alongside Michaels Ayr friends )  winner will be notified on here and in main webpage on Wednesday 7th June 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Mullin any good? he's now following us on Twitter which is normally a tell tale sign of a player about to sign.

He’s been following the club for months tbf. 

Said he’d be happy to sign again for us a few days ago so it would be bizarre if he so quickly went and signed elsewhere. I could see it happening if Bullen left though. He cited him being one of the reasons he enjoyed it so much here.