The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe I'm just getting to be a grumpy old bassa, but I'm sick of the Zambian takeover of our socials pages. I couldnt really care less how he does in an international jersey 

We now have an international fanbase. Get used to it. 

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

😂

Until he leaves and theyll move on to "support" his new club 

Probably. It'll be interesting to see if the fundraising guy does too though, especially if he does come over after folk raising money for him 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Probably. It'll be interesting to see if the fundraising guy does too though, especially if he does come over after folk raising money for him 

I reckon he'll probably stick around. Does seem to be genuinely invested in the club. 

44 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I see the club are touting the “promotion push” no chance we are beating Dundee over two legs if we even get that far. 

We would probably have a better chance against the team second bottom of the premier league than trying to beat Thistle or Dundee. 

But we would probably shite it again anyway. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As for McKenzie, the lad brings others into play but for an attacking player his goals/games ratio is piss poor 

People used to say that about Chris Kane for us, and moaned he was playing divisions above his level.

12 months without him and its sunk in how vital he was to our team and how important players like that are.

McKenzie is under rated by your fans and will have a decent career as he matures, IMO. Theres not too many 22yo strikers going about with ~100 senior appearances.

Just now, Lochwood said:

Got to be having a laugh with the extension to McKenzie, if that’s what we are resigning there’s no hope of stepping up boy is a junior player at best.

He won't be first choice, but he will be a regular. The problem with the team just now is, when one thing isn't working, we don't have another thing. 

If Dipo isn't getting change out of a centre half, thats us for 90 minutes. On the rare occasion we take him off, we just play the same way with a lesser player up doing his job. McKenzie is a different option and we should use him as one. 

McKenzie always seems to try. Whatever position he's played in, he gives it a bash. Plays for the badge. Still young and will improve 👍 I have Faith.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Frankie Musonda has done more to boost Ayr United's worldwide profile than any other person who has ever lived. 

What other players in recent years, have had a cap whilst playing for Ayr?

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

People used to say that about Chris Kane for us, and moaned he was playing divisions above his level.

12 months without him and its sunk in how vital he was to our team and how important players like that are.

McKenzie is under rated by your fans and will have a decent career as he matures, IMO. Theres not too many 22yo strikers going about with ~100 senior appearances.

A lot of those appearances have been sub appearances but I get your point. I like the lad but lucky if hes scored 10 goals for us. I might be old school but I like my strikers to be scoring goals and not just a foil for the other attacker 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He won't be first choice, but he will be a regular.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

A bit harsh on McKenzie, lads. He's had a good season and deserves an extension for me. He has been a good foil for Dipo at times and makes a real nuisance of himself up top. Not to be played out wide.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He's been a good foil for Dipo mostly and (while we don't see it) the manager thinks he's versatile. 

I was going to be much less charitable. I suppose we'll have a few years in the Championship (hopefully) to find out.

It is hard to square the club's rhetoric with its actions. Some of the recruitment has been excellent and some has been rubbish - business as usual at this level. I am surprised at how much good faith there still is with the current management team.

13 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I was going to be much less charitable. I suppose we'll have a few years in the Championship (hopefully) to find out.

It is hard to square the club's rhetoric with its actions. Some of the recruitment has been excellent and some has been rubbish - business as usual at this level. I am surprised at how much good faith there still is with the current management team.

Obviously this thread isn't the Ayr fan base as a whole but from comments on here most people are ranging from being indifferent towards to Bullen to wanting him out. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Obviously this thread isn't the Ayr fan base as a whole but from comments on here most people are ranging from being indifferent towards to Bullen to wanting him out. 

The only way he's leaving is of his own volition.

On the face of it, punting him is a mad decision.