The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I just don’t see the tactician in the manager.  I may be wrong, but I haven’t seen the evidence on the pitch.

I think there was probably a good reason why a 50 year old youth coach had never been a manager before we hired him.

Probably won't end up back this season which is nae bad hing I guess.  Was gonna miss the next 4 regardless and we should be onto meaningless games with some young ladies getting gametime by that point so no thanks. 

Yeah I’m still fuming tbh.

I really hope Bullen isn’t here next season and it’s not just the results. I watch football to be entertained, and we are just absolutely dreadful to watch. His style is just Hopkin/Duffy again, but with a guy up top who’s single handedly managed to win us enough points to mask it early on in the season. We have the odd flash of looking okay, but since November it’s been utter garbage and we’re trying to limp over the line to 4th. Shite.

37 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If he doesn’t lead us to promotion, having spent a large chunk of the season at the top of the league, for me it’s failure regardless of the parameters set at the start of the season.

It also shows that the manager is not the man to take us up, which will be evident in what will undoubtedly be a much tougher league next season.

I think if we finish outside the top 4 he will be gone.

If we scrape into the top 4, but whimper out of the playoffs, he should be gone.

Only winning the league, promotion via the playoffs or consistency to the end of the season and finishing 2nd or 3rd, with a decent showing in the playoffs, should he remain for next season.

I just don’t see the tactician in the manager.  I may be wrong, but I haven’t seen the evidence on the pitch.

I think, in comparison to the abysmal season we had last year, we have in a way went upwards. Be that because every other team around Ayr became stale pish overnight, in time for the new season or that Akinyemi was sent from the heavens to guide us to this position we are in now 🙄 We had threw all our hope at Adeloye staying before the season started....

Yes, we could sit on here and moan about how far we've fell from the beginning of the season but I honestly think luck has been on our side for the majority. I'd have snatched your arm off for a play off position at the beginning of the season and it is entirely still possible.

There can be no excuses from Bullen for that Abysmal management against Falkirk however, pissed the best chance in a generation down the drain. I believe that the focus should be entirely on getting Ayr to the playoffs, if not, Bullen really needs a shake and Smith needs to pull the trigger eventually.

I doubt that Bullen would get the sack but i could see him walking away to a cushy youth job back down south if the season falls apart and we fail to make the playoffs. The fans will rightly be raging. 

Also, feel like the early bird deadline for season tickets is going to have about 3 takers, anybody thinking of doing it this week will be thoroughly fucked off and wont bother. 

54 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah I’m still fuming tbh.

I really hope Bullen isn’t here next season and it’s not just the results. I watch football to be entertained, and we are just absolutely dreadful to watch. His style is just Hopkin/Duffy again, but with a guy up top who’s single handedly managed to win us enough points to mask it early on in the season. We have the odd flash of looking okay, but since November it’s been utter garbage and we’re trying to limp over the line to 4th. Shite.

Really doesn't make any sense he would do this though, he would have known what went on at the club with those two and how it went for them. So for him to then go "Aye, I'll do that too.." makes literally zero sense.

Fans and pundits on tv and radio have all been critical of the same thing in recent weeks/months, especially playing it long. He can't be deaf to what's being said.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

23 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Fans and pundits on tv and radio have all been critical of the same thing in recent weeks/months, especially playing it long. He can't be deaf to what's being said.

He was quoted as saying after the Raith game that he thought we played it long too much. 

Surely it's his job to get the players to not do that if that's the case?

since I was bored, decided to make up this stat sheet of the current season, nothing fancy but includes Appearances, Goals, Assists, Bookings, Minutes Played etc if you want to take a look at it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q0gezMgT2IS4c7B8Cr8rZ2rjpU0E2uFJmtCMh0lx0EQ/edit?usp=sharing 

Edited by muZZa__44
wrong link

43 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

since I was bored, decided to make up this stat sheet of the current season, nothing fancy but includes Appearances, Goals, Assists, Bookings, Minutes Played etc if you want to take a look at it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q0gezMgT2IS4c7B8Cr8rZ2rjpU0E2uFJmtCMh0lx0EQ/edit?usp=sharing 

Dipo & Dempsey the only ever presents?

6 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Still feeling pretty scunnered by Monday night but I'm old enough that this doesn't feel quite as bad as losing the Scottish Cup semi to Rangers in 72-73 or the League Cup semi to Dundee in 80-81. We suffered some poor refereeing decisions in both and the latter in particular is probably the most miserable I've ever been after a game.

Both games gut-wrenching. Alex Ingram's first minute goal given offside when clearly onside and a waterlogged pitch that worked against the ball-playing team and suited the big bruisers. As for the Dundee game, our best ever chance of going on to win a national trophy. Can't feel worse than I did up at Falkirk ? I do now. 

I'm really not understanding where he's going to get the same level of support that was made on Monday night. Not only was Monday night a massive let down, but I think a lot of the trust was diminished and unless of a remarkable turn of results, it's not going to change this season.

We'll go from 1600 away to Falkirk to about 300/350 up at Hamilton on Saturday

I think Mathies message is good and fair. 

However, Hopkin gave one similar before a game at Arbroath, where the players were in no doubt about how important the game was, we were about 4 down at half time. 

If we lose on Saturday in a powderpuff manner playing shite football it will make Mathies post..........and Mathie look a bit daft. I think he has maybe put more pressure on Bullen while trying to ease some of it.  

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I think Mathies message is good and fair. 

However, Hopkin gave one similar before a game at Arbroath, where the players were in no doubt about how important the game was, we were about 4 down at half time. 

If we lose on Saturday in a powderpuff manner playing shite football it will make Mathies post..........and Mathie look a bit daft. I think he has maybe put more pressure on Bullen while trying to ease some of it.  

I think this is pretty much spot on. 

Asking for some togetherness from the support is fair enough, as there is everything to play for but we need to see a performance from both the manager and the players on Saturday.