The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

A selection of the finest SRE posts for all you lucky non-members to enjoy:

F58C72D7-9869-491B-8432-93402A9791FA.thumb.jpeg.795f8a4f6d72d08da36ee31faa2f9307.jpeg67DBBCCD-EA07-4D23-B544-9D5C290BE6F1.thumb.jpeg.5cc411f351eb61799b7b1e3e2c1a9af4.jpegED614792-2A49-4F63-AF73-6EA1083A5A16.jpeg.7f0a8ad18395b5f565e3e98004ecf440.jpeg

I saw one from the bold Charles, either on SRE or some other page saying that "we didnt really want the Scottish cup anyway" or words to that effect. If any player or fan didnt really want a chance to see us at Hampden in the semi final they're welcome to GTF

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He kind of just shuffles about the middle of the park watching the game and waiting for a pass

Pulp Fiction John Travolta GIF - Pulp Fiction John Travolta Lost - Discover  & Share GIFs

Which he fails to receive.  

7 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

That’s got to be you that’s wrote that surely. I don’t even think you could come up with that.

:lol:

It's on the club Facebook under the full time result. 

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Well I’m still fucking raging. Best chance of making a semi final you’ll ever get and completely blown it. Absolutely disgraceful.

Yep. In theory, we could not have picked an easier course into the semi-final of the cup. Pollok, Cove, Elgin City (though we nearly made an arse of that too) and Falkirk. All teams that we should have been able beat.

I am very rarely angry after our games, but I was incandescent with rage last night and still am raging. What an opportunity it was, yet we threw it away. Disgusting.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bullen still talking up a title push on the club interview.

Utter delusion.

It will be lucky to even get a play off place at this rate. I know Bullen cant come out and say "aye we've fcked the last 4 months" as attendances would start plummeting, but delusions of grandeur is never a good look 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is it too early to lump Maguire in with the likes of Kyle and Beattie? "Marque" signings who's time with us is not fondly remembered 

I'm willing to give him a chance but he was a fucking idiot for taking that pen. Should have let Dempsey hit it.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yep. In theory, we could not have picked an easier course into the semi-final of the cup. Pollok, Cove, Elgin City (though we nearly made an arse of that too) and Falkirk. All teams that we should have been able beat.

I am very rarely angry after our games, but I was incandescent with rage last night and still am raging. What an opportunity it was, yet we threw it away. Disgusting.

How did the commentary go? 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is it too early to lump Maguire in with the likes of Kyle and Beattie? "Marque" signings who's time with us is not fondly remembered 

I don't really know why we signed him tbh.  Especially if we are playing 442, doesn't really have anything to offer in a hoofball team where you have to be fast and physical.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Why not? He was hardly a flair player.

He was with us under Pressley and we played the ball to death at times under them maybe that’s why.

He scored a screamer for us against Hamilton when we had no strikers in 2009/10 too.

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't really know why we signed him tbh.  Especially if we are playing 442, doesn't really have anything to offer in a hoofball team where you have to be fast and physical.  

I think it is too early to write him off, when we looked like an actual football team last night he was good and links the play well - however the point above is basically it.