The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This squad of shitebag c***s have brought nothing but pain to me. About 90% of them can go right now and I’d forget their names in a year.

Bullen is a fucking waste of time. I appreciate that we deviated from the normal when hiring but accept it hasn’t worked. That’s now ICT Partick and Falkirk who have all shown him how easy it is to play the ball on the deck recently. Even fucking Elgin City played them off the park for 80 minutes. He’s fluked this season with one of the best strikers ayr have ever had and yet again we’ll waste our time with him.

2 horrific teams down to be replaced by Falkirk and Dunfermline and at least 1 very average team up to be replaced by a dundee United or Kilmarnock. We’re only going one direction and it’s not fucking up.

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

No wonder we pretty much chucked it after scoring. Players thought it was won. 

Does Reading even count as a player? Was terrible tonight and looked out his depth throughout. Ashford had to do Readings job for him half the time.

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

This squad of shitebag c***s have brought nothing but pain to me. About 90% of them can go right now and I’d forget their names in a year.

Bullen is a fucking waste of time. I appreciate that we deviated from the normal when hiring but accept it hasn’t worked. That’s now ICT Partick and Falkirk who have all shown him how easy it is to play the ball on the deck recently. Even fucking Elgin City played them off the park for 80 minutes. He’s fluked this season with one of the best strikers ayr have ever had and yet again we’ll waste our time with him.

2 horrific teams down to be replaced by Falkirk and Dunfermline and at least 1 very average team up to be replaced by a dundee United or Kilmarnock. We’re only going one direction and it’s not fucking up.

If you think that's a shitebag team you clearly never saw some of the 90s and early 2000s sides, nevermind McCall's 16/17 effort.

Just now, Hursty said:

Reckon any other teams at our level play the sub goalie tonight? 

1. The "sub goalie" has far more experience at this level than the seventh-tier acquisition who took his first-team place.
  2. Other teams at this level aren't handing their entire squads multi-year contracts essentially regardless of talent simply to have some consistency. That's long-term thinking.
  3. Everyone else's sub goalie at this level is the coach, or somebody's granny. If you have two decent keepers, keep them happy.
  4. He wasn't at fault for anything. Indeed a couple of times he defied his doubters in being very bold in claiming balls off his line.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

If you think that's a shitebag team you clearly never saw some of the 90s and early 2000s sides, nevermind McCall's 16/17 effort.

I don’t understand how anyone who has a remote passing interest in Ayr United can act like everything’s fine and put positive spins on this the way you are. I’m sick of hearing ‘we were shit once so don’t complain when we’re shit again’

Ashford had a decent game, loads of good defensive work and a real desire to impact things up the park. Reading looked a bag of nerves with the ball at his feet all night, he's just devoid of confidence at the moment but we've nobody to replace him. 

Midfield was powderpuff again, the number of times they just stand there waiting for a pass must be a coaching thing, statuesque stuff at times. Thoroughly deserved win for Falkirk, they rode the storm then dominated the ball for 65 mins. 

Big few months for Bullen, could determine his future as manager. 

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Does Reading even count as a player? Was terrible tonight and looked out his depth throughout. Ashford had to do Readings job for him half the time.

For all that the Ghost might have the official title, it is still fairly mind-boggling that a guy who half the country watched being utterly, totally humiliated by a 35-year-old Chris Burke has played pretty much every game for the subsequent two seasons.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:
  1. The "sub goalie" has far more experience at this level than the seventh-tier acquisition who took his first-team place.
  2. Other teams at this level aren't handing their entire squads multi-year contracts essentially regardless of talent simply to have some consistency. That's long-term thinking.
  3. Everyone else's sub goalie at this level is the coach, or somebody's granny. If you have two decent keepers, keep them happy.
  4. He wasn't at fault for anything. Indeed a couple of times he defied his doubters in being very bold in claiming balls off his line.

5.  Does he then deservedly keep his place for the 9 'massive history making league games to come?'    

Why the f**k are we keeping 2 keepers happy?  McAdams surely wont even be here next season.  Play the best one.   Your point 4 is correct though in that he did OK, however that isn't the point. 

It's the Scottish Cup QF.  We don't tend to get to Hampden semi finals that often.  Take it seriously and play the strongest team FFS.  

23 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Not blaming McAdams at all tonight but can anyone understand the thinking between playing him in an important cup tie when he has hardly played all season.   

Very disappointing tonight but not a shock result since we have looked poor since the New Year. We struggled against Pollock & Elgin and Falkirk looked the better team after about 20 mins or so.

I was surprised Bullen did not bring new coaching staff when he joined the club and still wonder whether someone like Scally or Sandy Stewart could improve things on the pitch.

I said as a joke after the ICT game that we might get Alan Archibald joining the coaching staff as he was at the game 😂

Sincerely hope Bullen has something planned for adding an assistant in the summer 

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

For all that the Ghost might have the official title, it is still fairly mind-boggling that a guy who half the country watched being utterly, totally humiliated by a 35-year-old Chris Burke has played pretty much every game for the subsequent two seasons.

The boy is humiliated every week I almost feel bad for him. If I was a left back in the Scottish Championship and every team I played against specifically targeted my side with great success, I would simply change career.

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I don’t understand how anyone who has a remote passing interest in Ayr United can act like everything’s fine and put positive spins on this the way you are. I’m sick of hearing ‘we were shit once so don’t complain when we’re shit again’

You miss my point entirely. Do I think everything is perfect? Absolutely not. Am I happy about tonight's result? Or course not. Am I able to exercise a degree of perspective? Yes.

That was infuriating. We were brilliant for the first 20 mins then threw it away.

Waiting till we went 2-1 down before making substitutions is utterly atrocious game management from Bullen. Even more so when you consider how Falkirk were clearly controlling the game since 30 minutes had passed.

We will almost certainly never have a better potential route to a final than the one presented ti's season.

Pollok

Cove Rangers

Elgin

Falkirk

Inverness Caley thistle

And we pished it away.

37 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I swear I am the single person who left Hampden feeling that he'd at least stuck to a plan and nearly had it pay off. Trying to do anything except the one style of football he knew (which, let's repeat, was still ever-so-slightly more intricate than what is currently on show) would have resulted in the team getting put to the sword.

You're bringing back my PTSD. Years of therapy were required to get me over that. Please stop.

35 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Two year extension imminent.

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The SRE is pissing me off more than usual. Folk saying we'll be back next year "stronger" despite fcking our best change to get to Hampden for a semi final in over a decade, folk praising how good the pyro was. These c***s would happy clap for anything 

They don't go to games. That's the difference, they haven't seen what we've seen. If you are just watching highlights you don't realise how turgid and repetitive our play is. 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

They don't go to games. That's the difference, they haven't seen what we've seen. If you are just watching highlights you don't realise how turgid and repetitive our play is. 

I do beg to differ here, as an expat who has barely made games for years. Even Derek McInnes, who has a tag with his address attached to his collar, is capable of pointing out how wretched Ayr are on the radio. You literally have to be my dad (who blessedly only watches Ayr on good Friday nights) to genuinely think they might be decent at football.

Edited by Thumper

30 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The SRE is pissing me off more than usual. Folk saying we'll be back next year "stronger" despite fcking our best change to get to Hampden for a semi final in over a decade, folk praising how good the pyro was. These c***s would happy clap for anything 

I refuse to believe the folk on the SRE are real and not just paid actors sent by the club to increase fan morale.

Watching the Falkirk players hound us every time we were on the ball was depressing to watch. We had no idea how to deal with that and must have lost the ball 9 out of 10 times. Dread to think what's in store for us in the league between the tactics and players morale now.