The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Imo we certainly need at least one signing to freshen things up for second half of the season but bit concerning we've lost out to two targets now (Smith and Erskine), only other one I've heard of is Scougall and don't even know if there's a any truth to it

Imo we certainly need at least one signing to freshen things up for second half of the season but bit concerning we've lost out to two targets now (Smith and Erskine), only other one I've heard of is Scougall and don't even know if there's a any truth to it

I’d be amazed if we signed him.

Not sure I’m even that keen on him given his fitness issues.

I’d be amazed if we signed him.

Not sure I’m even that keen on him given his fitness issues.

Usually McCalls type of signing though, players who've been going through a rough spell in their career and he manages to reignite it, only need to look at Shankland for an example.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46640772

See he's free to move

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I find this strange. The whole reason he’s leaving Thistle is lack of playing time. Is he likely to walk into Livingstons team when they’re doing so well?

He’s got experience though, 250+ top flight appearances which will be huge for us. We don’t have many experienced players

34 minutes ago, rb123! said:

One major stumbling block I'd see with this is St Johnstone fans claiming he's on c£2k a week (how close they are with that I don't know), can't see us affording him at this stage.
In saying that I can't see many in Scotland queuing up to pay him that either, so he'll likely ride his contract out and move in the summer.  A loan deal would probably be our only chance assuming McCall was looking at him. 

36 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Please uncle Ian, try and get us a couple of signings in, think we all need a wee boost / cuddle. We were all doing so well and dreaming of 2 in a row. Please let's not give this up without a proper fight. No regrets.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that we wouldn't bring anyone in and to be honest it's not really McCall's fault for me. The fact that we've got 6 players out does raise a lot of questions, it's not like we get players carried off during games which raises what are we doing in training?. What Cameron came out and said at the beginning of January hardly fills me with confidence, i don't think it would inspire much into McCall for signing players too. 

Our owners alive and well you clown, Were still an SPFL team.

Bigger than most in the top flight, more fans etc etc.

You lot are Ayrshire’s shame. Auchinleck will put you back in your place.

We play you at home in the cup soon am sure..

It’s being held at El Stadio Graveyardo on the 31st of feb, don’t think Cathkin has the capacity for the Gretna support tbh. Safety concerns or something along those lines..

Look forward to seeing you there.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

This is why I don’t get folk who demand constant injury updates. Injuries are unpredictable and can only lead to disappointment and frustration if there’s a set back and they’re not back when McCall says.

In fairness I'm in the opposite camp, I'd like some sort of idea as to what players we have available and what players we're likely to have available for the coming months, if, for nothing else, so as I can manage my own expectations.

I've heard rumours that Forrest is "out for the season" but is he really ? What about Jamie Adams, initially we all thought he had a slight niggle or wasn't being risked on a plastic pitch but that was months ago, what's up with him ? Mark Kerr appeared to be "back" when he returned against Falkirk but now he's out "injured", what's wrong with him ??, Liam Smith seemed fine when I last saw him against Falkirk but now he's "injured". Shankland was apparently just out with a "small niggle" against Falkirk but he didn't make it back at Inverness, so what's the score with him ??

I know some of you completely disagree with me here, however I make no apologies for wanting to be kept up to date with our players well being and think as supporters we deserve to know if our players are injured, what these injuries are, and how long they're "expected" to be out for. 

Going back 20 years or even 30 years, we used to get told if players were out and what was wrong with them and when they were expected back, whether that be a note in the programme, a bit in the local papers or whatever, nowadays we have websites, podcasts, AUmedia, Twitter feeds etc, and nobody knows a bloody thing, as I say it doesn't happen elsewhere and I've no idea why it happens here.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness I'm in the opposite camp, I'd like some sort of idea as to what players we have available and what players we're likely to have available for the coming months, if, for nothing else, so as I can manage my own expectations.

I've heard rumours that Forrest is "out for the season" but is he really ? What about Jamie Adams, initially we all thought he had a slight niggle or wasn't being risked on a plastic pitch but that was months ago, what's up with him ? Mark Kerr appeared to be "back" when he returned against Falkirk but now he's out "injured", what's wrong with him ??, Liam Smith seemed fine when I last saw him against Falkirk but now he's "injured". Shankland was apparently just out with a "small niggle" against Falkirk but he didn't make it back at Inverness, so what's the score with him ??

I know some of you completely disagree with me here, however I make no apologies for wanting to be kept up to date with our players well being and think as supporters we deserve to know if our players are injured, what these injuries are, and how long they're "expected" to be out for. 

Going back 20 years or even 30 years, we used to get told if players were out and what was wrong with them and when they were expected back, whether that be a note in the programme, a bit in the local papers or whatever, nowadays we have websites, podcasts, AUmedia, Twitter feeds etc, and nobody knows a bloody thing, as I say it doesn't happen elsewhere and I've no idea why it happens here.

Kerr= calf,   Shankland= achilles,  Adams=Knee and Forrest=groin.  

I heard that forrest done his elbow

McCall said in one of the interviews it was his groin and he’d be long term.

Not expecting him back this season.

The one thing I’ll blame him for was bringing Kerr back when he clearly wasn’t ready. He could’ve played Crawford next to Murdoch in that game and gave Kerr another week off.

Never have much confidence when it's the achilles involved, always a horrible place to get an injury.

We might not have had a lot of players going off injured but I suspect a lot of the players play with small injuries and they just snowball into bigger injuries

The reason why so many injuries happen at this time of the year is often the amount of game time. Because we’ve usually had smaller squads with McCall, rotation isn’t possible. Playing a lot of sport for 6 months (inc. pre-season) will inevitably lead to ‘niggly’ issues and don’t come as a result of a collision that involves being stretchered off.

For players like Kerr and Adams it’s even more of a risk and the body takes longer to recover and they may feel that they are progressing but suffer setbacks when they return to training. Especially in the case of Kerr, it’s fairly common to pick up a secondary minor injury after a lengthy layoff due to your body lacking conditioning.

It’s a pain in the arse, but it’s the price for a squad that emphasises quality over quantity.

The reason why so many injuries happen at this time of the year is often the amount of game time. Because we’ve usually had smaller squads with McCall, rotation isn’t possible. Playing a lot of sport for 6 months (inc. pre-season) will inevitably lead to ‘niggly’ issues and don’t come as a result of a collision that involves being stretchered off.

For players like Kerr and Adams it’s even more of a risk and the body takes longer to recover and they may feel that they are progressing but suffer setbacks when they return to training. Especially in the case of Kerr, it’s fairly common to pick up a secondary minor injury after a lengthy layoff due to your body lacking conditioning.

It’s a pain in the arse, but it’s the price for a squad that emphasises quality over quantity.

This exactly

It’s got nothing to do with training methods or McCall as a manager.

Kerr in the first 45 minutes against Falkirk didn't look fit and straight at the start of the second half he was limping and Docherty was already warning up, must have known at half time his game was up already. Question I have is why did he play in the first place when quite clearly not ready.
After Inverness McCall said Forrest could be back for Dundee United so quite clearly not out for the rest of the season, scan results were obviously good and also Smith apparently played through a knock in the Falkirk game.

Don't think it helps when the Ayrshire Post over the last few weeks has seemingly been way off with predictions for who'd be retuning for games that Saturday, which gives false optimism.