The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Did we keep hoofing it up the park or were we playing it on the deck? 

There was still hoofing but we had more control in the midfield, and Maguire proved a good link between them and Dipo.

At least I think there was, very hard to tell on that stream tonight

We were first to almost every second ball, which makes a big difference - especially in a team like ours where we like to go direct sometimes.

Couldn't fault any one of them for effort tonight, drove themselves into the ground.  

Lee Bullen after returning to the formation that saw us top of the league after the first quarter and become shite after we changed it - 

We played like we did at the start of the season and we showed signs of our early season form. 

I for one can't think why. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Lee Bullen after returning to the formation that saw us top of the league after the first quarter and become shite after we changed it - 

We played like we did at the start of the season and we showed signs of our early season form. 

Having said that, I am pleased he has changed things and didn't leave it late like last season. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We only played one up front for five games - and we won three, drew one and lost one. 

Obviously including Elgin as a win. Our worst performance in that sequence was when we went back to two up front against Partick IMO. Not that I would be changing back - pretty excited by the potential Maguire/Dipo partnership. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We only played one up front for five games - and we won three, drew one and lost one.

Akinyemi was an unknown (and indeed after the lols of the league cup underrated) quantity then though. Soon enough everyone started double marking him.

Anyway. Football. What a sport. Jumpers for goalposts.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Has it been confirmed JML is actually injured or has he gone full Gondoh?

Rumour is he is actually unwell , doing some training but not 100% fit to compete , but getting very close to return