The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is there gonna be an Imminent tomorrow or are they keeping us in suspense for Tue...

...or will the summer be our next one

Think it’s unlikely we will bring anyone else in tbh. No point bring in another midfielder when we have Dempsey/Murdoch/McAlear/ Hewitt/Smith. Fullback position needs strengthened but reckon that won’t be addressed until the summer. 

18 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

No a fan of that mock up. Far too similar to Queens Parks home kit and hoops/stripes/insert line shape term here just equal relegation season to me.

It will certainly not be that strip , looks like it’s been done for QP and someone has just changed badge and logo 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Paddy was a little better on Friday night IMO, so hopefully the signs of some improvement…

It’s incredibly frustrating to watch as he’s shown he’s at least competent at this level. f**k knows what his issue has been this season but he’s been rotten for the most part. I was quite pleased he signed on again but I think I could pick more than a handful of left backs I’ve seen in person this season that I’d rather have than him. 

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s incredibly frustrating to watch as he’s shown he’s at least competent at this level. f**k knows what his issue has been this season but he’s been rotten for the most part. I was quite pleased he signed on again but I think I could pick more than a handful of left backs I’ve seen in person this season that I’d rather have than him. 

I've said it before and also been mentioned by others but Paddy plays much better when he's got Daire or Mullin and even Ashford ahead of him, it's probably due to them not leaving him as exposed as JML tends to do and even Chalmers for all his attacking flair tended not to like the tracking back side of things so much. 

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've said it before and also been mentioned by others but Paddy plays much better when he's got Daire or Mullin and even Ashford ahead of him, it's probably due to them not leaving him as exposed as JML tends to do and even Chalmers for all his attacking flair tended not to like the tracking back side of things so much. 

I get what you are saying but he stops next to zero crosses. Some of that could be down to a lack of support on the flank but he's too easy beat too often for me. 

Most teams are aware of that weakness and attack us on that flank which just exasperates it.

It's the most pressing part of the defence needing fixed tbh. I never thought I'd be saying that about a four man defence which includes McAllister and McGinty but there you are.

There is an argument that when Frankie comes back he displaces Reading rather than McGinty. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I get what you are saying but he stops next to zero crosses. Some of that could be down to a lack of support on the flank but he's too easy beat too often for me. 

Most teams are aware of that weakness and attack us on that flank which just exasperates it.

It's the most pressing part of the defence needing fixed tbh. I never thought I'd be saying that about a four man defence which includes McAllister and McGinty but there you are.

There is an argument that when Frankie comes back he displaces Reading rather than McGinty. 

If he can play LB better than Paddy then Yes, but the jury would be very much out on that I'd think, but we could always give it a go.

I'd agree that he's been very poor for much of the season but I think people are now just calling him out even when he's had an ok game, if I'm honest I'm a bit like that with Houston as I'm always just waiting on him making a mistake / not challenging / failing to tackle or block or putting in a poor cross and when it happens I'm up in arms about it (as are a few others). But the reality is that there's quite a few who get a free ride even when they're very poor but once your card is marked it's marked as they say.

What I think we can all agree on, is that none of our full backs are anywhere near the class of Liam Smith or Danny Harvie but perhaps we've just been spoiled given that they're both now playing at a higher level as are quite a few we had before them.

O'Neills have been really good for us, massive step up in terms of design and quality on when we had the likes of Joma.

Rip the arse out of limited editions and all that along with Greaves for us but better to have the choice and just not buy some of the worse efforts than be with a kit supplier than doesn't even try.

This passed me by about paying for season tickets via installment and being able to lock in this season's price. This a great idea. 👏

Season Tickets

Following feedback from supporters, the Club are delighted to announce a payment instalment plan for Season 2023/24 Season Tickets. Prices for season 23/24 will be frozen for any supporter committing to buying a season ticket on or before 15th March 2023.

Supporters can now download a 'Season Ticket Instalments Form' (download here) or collect one from the Club Shop. Please then email your completed form to seasontickets@ayrunitedfc.co.uk or hand in to the Club Shop. You will then be contacted by the Club to confirm payment details.

Supporters can pay in instalments of any amount over a 4-month period and season tickets will be issued in July to supporters who have made full payment on or before 25th June 2023.

The Club reserves the right to amend season ticket prices for those not registered for a season ticket by 15th March.

There is an additional charge of £2 per season ticket for those that require physical printed cards. There is no additional charge for e-tickets or renewal when using the same card. A maximum of 4 season tickets can be ordered using the form.

Please note: Due to construction works going on next season for the new North Stand, the North Terrace may be unavailable.

Your support has been magnificent this season - we hope this initiative helps in a challenging financial climate and we'd love to break a club record for season tickets in the coming season.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

This passed me by about paying for season tickets via installment and being able to lock in this season's price. This a great idea. 👏

The bit that confused me was the "registering for a season ticket by 15th March"

Do you need to register if you're an existing season ticket holder ?

Do you need to register if you're NOT wanting to pay in installments ?

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

The bit that confused me was the "registering for a season ticket by 15th March"

Do you need to register if you're an existing season ticket holder ?

Do you need to register if you're NOT wanting to pay in installments ?

The answer to both your questions are 

1.If you currently are a season ticket holder you still need to register if you want it at the prices advertised , by 15th March

2. if you want the prices advertised and even want to pay in 1 payment you need to register , if you don’t register before 15th March you will pay whatever the cost of a season ticket is when they go on sale , when you register before 15th March you  still have until 15th June to pay for your ticket