The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Lazy. Do you think us sitting 3rd and being in the Quarters of the cup equates to that cartoon even though we’re on a poor run?

Needing an 88th minute equaliser against Elgin to avoid one of the most embarrassing defeats in Scottish Cup history is hardly indicative that things actually are fine.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Lazy. Do you think us sitting 3rd and being in the Quarters of the cup equates to that cartoon even though we’re on a poor run?

No one is saying everything is peachy as far as I can read. The Cove games apart we’ve been poor in all the recent live games and highlights I’ve watched with the mugging of Elgin one of the most undeserved wins I’ve seen for a while. For some to be calling for Bullen’s head just over a year after he stepped in to pick up the pieces from Duffy, Hopkin and to a lesser extent Kerr when we really were sitting in a burning room is nuts and deserves calling out.

It’s a good job no one is doing that then. 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s a good job no one is doing that then. 

You beat me to it.

I'd argue its even lazier to accuse people with concerns of knicker wetting. We have been pretty crap for three months. That's about as far away from fine as it can be I'd suggest.

The other week we had someone suggesting we clap the owner and manager for the progess the club had made. Yesterday we had someone claim this was one of our best ever seasons despite only being 2/3rds of the way through it.

It could well be a great season but we're not there yet. No-one wants us to fail btw, we all support the club.

Blind faith in the manager is all well and good but criticising fans for moaning about abject performances and coming out with drivel about how good we've got it is on a par with McCall's mantra "Remember where we were when I took over!". It can get in the sea.

Let's hope the manager and the players can get it right in the next 12 games. This could still be a very special season. Surely we can agree on that?

18 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

Don't think I can take anyone who constantly praises Ashford and Reading seriously tbf especially when they started having digs at Chalmers for being inconsistent 

Touche my friend, I can't take anyone serious who constantly takes things out of context and cherry picks posts for their own sad agenda.

39 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Needing an 88th minute equaliser against Elgin to avoid one of the most embarrassing defeats in Scottish Cup history is hardly indicative that things actually are fine.

Which was the point of the second paragraph of my post that you missed out of your quote. Until our first goal I can’t remember a more one sided set of highlights.

I suspect every team in the league apart from Hamilton and Raith will be disappointed with their return from the six games stretch that we’ve been talking about in the last couple of pages. Pointing out we’re pretty much on a par with our peers over that short stretch isn’t suggesting everything is fine though.

The jury is definitely out on whether Bullen and the squad have it in them to find their form from the start of the League campaign given injuries and the likes of Dipo not being an unknown quantity. They managed it after the appalling League Cup campaign so hopefully they can do it again - it’ll certainly help decide what sort of fee we’re going to get for Dipo, whether Mullen is worth the sort of wages a lot of supporters wanted us to give him and whether a sizeable portion of the rest of the squad are worth persevering with.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Eh I think Talbot defeat takes the “ most embarrassing defeat ….. “ title ! Even if Elgin won !

Edited by motley123rock

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Touche my friend, I can't take anyone serious who constantly takes things out of context and cherry picks posts for their own sad agenda.

What's my agenda?

Wanting player's who aren't good enough dropped so the team and club move forward,  never once have I said I want Bullen gone or that the club aren't doing a great job, but constantly coming away with nonsense about players who have been poor, playing well and it's a brilliant season is a bit well creepy actually. 

My agenda is always wanting the club to improve, which they are, Ayr United football club and it's previous boards have had it far too easy from the supporters we must constantly push for better that's an important part for the fan base, expecting better than some of our current squad and our current tactics surely isn't too much to ask. 

Lickspittle sheep fans will get served the garbage we've had to endure over the years, and I'm not calling anyone on here that before you start, but surely there's concern for the form in the last 2/3 months. 

10 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

read the last 4 or 5 pages and it doesn't sound all too optimistic over there... Are you telling me we have a chance

I’d be shocked if you didn’t win tbh. Unless something drastically changes between now and the game. 

4 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Surely an Ayr win wouldn't be shocking, just look at where we both are in the league system.

It’s anybody’s game no matter what form you are currently on , Dundee were  on a 12 game unbeaten run and now  a big dip in form Hamilton couldn’t win a game now playing like champions , this league is so unpredictable and even though we are going through a bad spell  teams above us are not pulling away which makes it all the more entertaining as a number of clubs are now getting closer , hold on tight for this last dozen game rollercoaster 

Edited by Finlay21

Squidward watching Spongebob and Patrick from window Blank Template ...Falkirk fans watching from League 1

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s anybody’s game no matter what form you are currently on , Dundee were  on a 12 game unbeaten run and now  a big dip in form Hamilton couldn’t win a game now playing like champions , this league is so unpredictable and even though we are going through a bad spell  teams above us are not pulling away which makes it all the more entertaining as a number of clubs are now getting closer , hold on tight for this last dozen game rollercoaster 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Anyway, a dozen games left, plus the Scottish Cup. Could still be a brilliant end to the season. It just isn't going to happen if the club persists with directionless, desperate hoofball.

It'll be grand, it was pretty obvious throughout January we were on a slowdown towards the end of the season now relegation was pretty much off the cards.  Folk can waffle about promotion but they didn't actually show they were serious about it with the business they did.  

It'll go down as both a success and missed opportunity at the end I think but a lot of credit would be banked if there was a piss up family fun day out at Hampden, ideally twice.  

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It'll be grand, it was pretty obvious throughout January we were on a slowdown towards the end of the season now relegation was pretty much off the cards.  Folk can waffle about promotion but they didn't actually show they were serious about it with the business they did.  

It'll go down as both a success and missed opportunity at the end I think but a lot of credit would be banked if there was a piss up family fun day out at Hampden, ideally twice.  

Followed by an open top bus / parade with a big shiny trophy.

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Coming out of Somerset on Saturday there were a few guys saying the club don’t want promotion this season due to the inconvenience it would cause with the building of the new stand. That’s not an opinion I particularly agree with however due to the piss poor transfer window and the way the team are playing at the moment this is something the club is going to be accused of.  

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Coming out of Somerset on Saturday there were a few guys saying the club don’t want promotion this season due to the inconvenience it would cause with the building of the new stand. That’s not an opinion I particularly agree with however due to the piss poor transfer window and the way the team are playing at the moment this is something the club is going to be accused of.  

That's such a conspiracy theory that relies on us getting relegated at the first attempt. 

I'm more of the job done view, I don't hate it but I will still complain when we are shite.  I also totally accept what they said about front loading the budget to the summer, but they (as far as we know) didn't use all the funds that became available in January.  

37 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

a lot of credit would be banked if there was a piss up family fun day out at Hampden, ideally twice.  

Notwithstanding the very favourable draws we’ve had in every round so far I think banking a lot of credit is the least that should be forthcoming for equaling our best ever run in the competition that one trip to Hampden would represent and two trips would mean we’ve achieved something no AUFC team have ever done even if it doesn’t end up with getting soaked on an open top bus trip round the town accompanied by a new shiny resident for our trophy cabinet.

44 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Transfer window is not closed yet , I would be surprised if we did not make another signing