The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As far as I’m aware, we are the only championship club supporting the football v homophobia campaign…

Would be so much better if supported by all clubs. 

21 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Was just talking about this with another Ayr fan on a train after a game a few weeks ago. Thankfully haven't heard it much recently but it needs to go. An absolute disgrace.

Aye was just thinking about that song when club done their post today. Absolutely horrible and anyone singing clearly homophobic. Needs to be drowned out anytime it starts. Heck club should put announcement on PA  if sung today to make clear that the club are against this and will remove idiots that are caught singing it. Haven't noticed opponents singing that in about a decade though I don't make every game. No place for biggots. 

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The words need changed on the we are ayr song .I cring when it sung nowadays. We know the meaning of it but no-one else does.

The "meaning of it" is also racist. Implying that "black" equals "dirty" is racist. I don't get what people don't understand about that.

I have not heard anyone use the term "black" to mean "dirty" outside of the football in about 15 years. No one actually says it anymore. Time to get that racist shite in the bin and lifetime banning orders should be issued to anyone engaging in such behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The "meaning of it" is also racist. Implying that "black" equals "dirty" is racist. I don't get what people don't understand about that.

I have not heard anyone use the term "black" to mean "dirty" outside of the football in about 15 years. No one actually says it anymore. Time to get that racist shite in the bin and lifetime banning orders should be issued to anyone engaging in such behaviour. 

There's the lyric change right there, change Black to Dirty and we still have our song to sing 👍

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I’m not defending the song at all but it’s wrong to say the song is  racist.

black is commonly used throughout Ayrshire to signify unclean. my mrs is from Killie and will Often use black mocket as a phrase to describe people.

There is zero connection to race. In fact the mention of race is the only racist thing.

we need to move away from it though.

society also needs to move away from association of black and race. Skin colour isn’t relevant in todays society 

2 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I’m not defending the song at all but it’s wrong to say the song is  racist.

black is commonly used throughout Ayrshire to signify unclean. my mrs is from Killie and will Often use black mocket as a phrase to describe people.

There is zero connection to race. In fact the mention of race is the only racist thing.

we need to move away from it though.

society also needs to move away from association of black and race. Skin colour isn’t relevant in todays society 

Oh, look how edgy you and your wife are.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Well, one of us is claiming that a clearly racist song is not racist because their wife calls people "black". And then you claim that race is not an issue.

LMAO. You're well silly you are.

No, I’m saying we need to understand that black does not need to mean skin colour.

Skin colour should not even be a consideration, those who cling onto it like some kind of weapon are the ones who have the issue.

but go f**k yourself, clown.

Edited by Hazbart

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

No, I’m saying we need to understand that black does not need to mean skin colour.

Skin colour should not even be a consideration, those who cling onto it like some kind of weapon are the ones who have the issue.

I agree with what you say, I'm like that with Roxanne and the term is used across Ayrshire as a slang for dirty.

Though I also see what @Richey Edwardsis saying, it could possibly be perceived as something it isn't. I used to think it was cool as f**k to sing songs like that at school when I was younger, though it seems we've grown a sensitivity over the years. I wouldn't like to sing the song, knowing there's the possibility of offending someone.