The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I genuinely think he was worse than Roberts. If he hadn't thrown his rattles out the pram he may well have set the club back years. 

He was way, way worse than Roberts.

Roberts at least attempted something resembling attacking football - it was just absolutely shite.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

When did Musonda last actually play for us? Struggling to remember just how long ago it was.

Morton at home? Played left back for most of the game then was subbed off with “cramp”. Think it genuinely was that at the time then had a really back injury in training. A tear in his leg in two places was what I heard. Then apparently had a setback when he was recovering. 

A VERY quick check looks like Musonda played 27 times for Raith in 20/21 then 23 times in 21/22.  I've got him down as 18 appearances for Ayr this season so doesn't look good to beat his best.   It's a shame as he is a cracking player.    

Re next season - we will still have Frankie and can probably assume he will give us half a season.  I'd love to keep McGinty as the sort of '3rd choice CB but will almost always be needed' sort of role as this year.  Doubt we would get Kirk back but you never know.    

I'm not overly bothered though, back in May I'd never heard of Kirk and only very vaguely knew Musonda so I'm absolutely 100% confident the scouting team will have folk lined up.  Their big decisions are at full back - that's where they need to be ruthless. 

I know it won’t make any difference but can Kilmarnock, Ayr and Falkirk made a joint representation around the lack of thought to fans when there are perfectly fine slots on Saturday and Sunday evening… 

It would get some publicity around the continuous lack of thought for fans from our national broadcaster and the SFA.