The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Scotland playing at Murrayfield in Six Nations on Sunday so that will have a big impact on when PC plod approve Hearts game at home to Celtic considering Tynecastle is 5 minutes away from Murrayfield

The Hearts vs Celtic game will definitely be on the Saturday evening on ViaPlay. 

Rangers vs Raith Sunday at some point on ViaPlay.

Then it’s a throw up for the last two games. I doubt the SFA would ask Killie to play up in Inverness on the Monday night. We’ll be away on the Monday, to hopefully Falkirk, but now Darvel have got a goal back who knows!

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

The Hearts vs Celtic game will definitely be on the Saturday evening on ViaPlay. 

Rangers vs Raith Sunday at some point on ViaPlay.

Then it’s a throw up for the last two games. I doubt the SFA would ask Killie to play up in Inverness on the Monday night. We’ll be away on the Monday, to hopefully Falkirk, but now Darvel have got a goal back who knows!

It's the TV companies who decide so distance won't come into it, Inverness have been on Friday night games down at Partick and Morton this season

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

It's the TV companies who decide so distance won't come into it, Inverness have been on Friday night games down at Partick and Morton this season

Aye fair enough. If we are playing on the Saturday or Sunday I’d expect us to take 2k+ to Falkirk. You’d also hope the club run a number of busses. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ambitious considering we never even got that at home in the last round...

Not exactly the same type of game, we have had 2000 home supporters this season (I think?!) and we haven’t been in a Scottish Cup Quarter final in a long time! Maybe slightly ambitious but hopefully not far off… 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye and against St Mirren the last time we got to quarter finals I think we only had 1500. 

That one not midweek though? Obviously hoping this isn’t on the Monday. 

30 minutes ago, rb123! said:

At least one of the QoS - Inverness games was on a Friday last year too. Have a feeling Killie - Inverness was a frequent Friday night fixture as well. As you say, distance won’t matter. Match going fans are secondary 

Edited by PSJ.84

11 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Different set of circumstances now, we’re on the up

The utterly disastrous collapse in the second half of the season belied that until that point it had been Ayr's most successful since the Dalziel era.

The importance of the Falkirk game can't be understated. A chance to get to the semi finals and possibly against a non OF team. Graeme Mathie talks about setting new standards and achieving things the club has never achieved before. One of the best opportunities we'll ever get could be coming up in the next few weeks.