The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He's like a one hit wonder from the 90's desperately trying to cling onto some relevancy.

He had a “hit”? 

The end result of yesterday was of course pleasing and the QP result went our way which just makes last Friday even more frustrating. I’m not sure what we need tbh. Brydens confidence must be pretty high so there’s an argument for starting him up top with Dipo next week. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

Will god be happy with our meagre one minute applause offering?  I think we can do more:

• We could all change our name by deed poll to Davie Smith. 
  • At 19:10 each day we all agree to face in the direction of the hub and reflect on what a ruddy good bloke we have. 
  • Take turns feeding grapes during the match.

Not sure even this will be enough.  

Glad O'Connor came on and did well yesterday.  He started the season fairly well, was involved in a couple of goals and looked quite good going forward with the ball at his feet.  He was unlucky that Mullin and Chalmers became available when they did and it was obvious they would be the first choice wide players.  He also tracks back quite well and maybe helps the full backs a bit more than JML or Ashford do and  if he can get a run of games then there's no reason he shouldn't be getting far more game time than he has previously.  

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

After his performance yesterday I would say McAdams deserves to start on Saturday 

McAdams is a fantastic shot stopper, but he still looks really shaky under a cross ball.  Ironically, his best save yesterday came off of a headed cross which he should really have come off his line and claimed in the first place.  No doubt he’ll chuck one in the net on Saturday, but Albinson is miles ahead of McAdams at the moment and appears to be developing and getting better with game time.

25 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Glad O'Connor came on and did well yesterday.  He started the season fairly well, was involved in a couple of goals and looked quite good going forward with the ball at his feet.  He was unlucky that Mullin and Chalmers became available when they did and it was obvious they would be the first choice wide players.  He also tracks back quite well and maybe helps the full backs a bit more than JML or Ashford do and  if he can get a run of games then there's no reason he shouldn't be getting far more game time than he has previously.  

I would start Daire, but I actually think his downside is that he is a bit soft defensively - more so than JML. He does work hard though. He is also more likely to lose the ball, but I am completely willing to accept that as he is always looking to try something. I just hope the rest of the support can accept that too and don’t give him abuse any time something doesn’t come off. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Will god be happy with our meagre one minute applause offering?  I think we can do more:

• We could all change our name by deed poll to Davie Smith. 
  • At 19:10 each day we all agree to face in the direction of the hub and reflect on what a ruddy good bloke we have. 
  • Take turns feeding grapes during the match.

Not sure even this will be enough.  

Dave Smith has lived rent free in your head ever since telling you to f**k off a while ago. It’s glorious viewing.

Questioned back last summer the change from having 4 CB's down to 3 and that has shown with Musonda's long term absence leaving us with McGinty having a prolonged spell in the team while knowing at the same time he's not at risk from being dropped as we have no cover which may explain the last couple of dubious performances. He's a type of player who needs dropped every now and again to reset and then come back in as he did well initially in November/December time but i've noticed since the turn of the year the bombscare errors have started appearing once again...

Thistle should have to put in a hard shift today which may help come next Saturday but i wouldn't guarantee it. Would go 4/4/2 however biggest problem for me is who do you put alongside Dempsey as none of Hewitt/Smith/McAleer have done well lately, i'd probably be more inclined to sway towards Hewitt although he got absolutely ragdolled in the middle against Queens Park. Understand the clamour for Bryden to start upfront however i just think with Thistle's CB's of Muirhead and Brownlie who are big lumps he'd win very little so would sway towards McKenzie for that reason. 

9 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Does anyone know what the guys with the cameras set up at the corner flag yesterday was about? 

He was some vlogger from the east coast if it was at the pie shop in the other corner it was a guy from the BBC , think his name was David Nzanew (or similar ) 

Edited by Finlay21