The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

With the rising building costs for likes of materials etc has it actually been confirmed that the new stand work will start at the end of this season or is it still just assumption going on the original plans?

It's definitely going ahead and in fact they made a point of confirming this on the Hospitality E-Mail last week.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Having your away kit as a template that your nearest rivals use as their training kit is embarassing. Irrespective of who announced it first.

It won a fan vote where anyone could vote. Not just fans of the club. Had everyone voted for the grey kit like me then it wouldn't have happened. 

How can that possibly embarrass you? We wore a strip that we won away to Killie in and ur finding fault - would 99% of the fan base even know it was a Killie training kit?  I certainly wouldn't if it wasn't for folk on here. 

Folk that get worked up about the strip are the embarrassment if you ask me.   We will always have a black and white home one and a different away one.  It's the players wearing it that matter.    5-1 win away at Morton in bright pink? Superb stuff.  Even though half the crowd probably hated it 🤣

16 minutes ago, Hursty said:

How can that possibly embarrass you? We wore a strip that we won away to Killie in and ur finding fault - would 99% of the fan base even know it was a Killie training kit?  I certainly wouldn't if it wasn't for folk on here. 

Folk that get worked up about the strip are the embarrassment if you ask me.   We will always have a black and white home one and a different away one.  It's the players wearing it that matter.    5-1 win away at Morton in bright pink? Superb stuff.  Even though half the crowd probably hated it

Exactly.  Plain white top, hoops , penguin,  half's, quarters what ever black and white they want. 

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Folk that get worked up about the strip are the embarrassment if you ask me.   We will always have a black and white home one and a different away one.  It's the players wearing it that matter.    5-1 win away at Morton in bright pink? Superb stuff.  Even though half the crowd probably hated it 🤣

I must be one of the few who quite liked the pink away kit. Was something unique and eye catching.

In the Scottish Cup that season we beat Beith in the pink kit. Played in our home kit/classic black and white in the next round and something in a repressed memory tells me it did not go quite as well.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Watching Hamilton v Hearts there and they were advertising the Scottish Grnad National. I see the date is the same as when we play Queens Park. Fixture shift possibly?

That's a bizarre one considering they always give us away fixtures on those dates. 

It's on Friday and Saturday so moving it to the Friday night isn't even an option. 

33 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Steady now, I wasn't finding fault with the win away to Killie but suggested perhaps not losing twice at Somerset was maybe an idea. I genuinely hadn't realised the kit has such a big impact on the performance that night. Here was me thinking it was Adeloye and Reading. No, it was the fact we were wearing Killie's training gear. 

Edited by Trogdor

Biggest problem with our shirts nowadays is the badge.  I’ve honestly never really taken to it.  So bland compared to the one we had.  I think the club made a big mistake at the time leaving it to the fans to design and pick the new badge - we ended up with the best of a very bad lot.  Probably wasn’t the cheap option, but we should have looked to get professional designers to come up with something better.   

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Biggest problem with our shirts nowadays is the badge.  I’ve honestly never really taken to it.  So bland compared to the one we had.  I think the club made a big mistake at the time leaving it to the fans to design and pick the new badge - we ended up with the best of a very bad lot.  Probably wasn’t the cheap option, but we should have looked to get professional designers to come up with something better.   

I actually prefer the new badge to the original one 

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

f**k sake man. 

I thought the guy who developed the new badge was actually a professional designer who happened to be a fan anyway?

I quite like it tbh, looks modern and it coincided with winning the league and the recent changes in the direction of the club.

Edited by super_carson

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Each to their own I guess.  

When Scotland is independent, we can tell the Lord Lyon to GTF and restore the proper classic badge…

Speaking of embarrassing, the Lord Lyon is Scotland's shame. Get that role in the bin, a grotesque waste of taxpayers money. Look at the state of him... 

Lord-Lyon-at-the-Court-768x716.jpg.8e7bd359d2d7dbf7d8ed449c09990e8e.jpg