The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

57 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Even allowing for the years  of dogshit teams on the park, that's a heck of stat with McLean as the ref for Ayr games. 

100%. I have no doubt it is bias. We have a mutual friend who winds me up relentlessly when he is on our games. He's a DKB, pure and simple.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I like the top one. I find the crosses strangely intoxicating.

Thinking we could do the crosses for the Steven McLean stats.  

We have lost 3 times since October, he was ref twice.  😅

Edited by itzdrk

44 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Never understood why they didn’t just invert the colours on the Jewson logo so it was blue writing on a white background

Unfortunately that’s their corporate logo, not much can be done about that ,think they were asked if we could change the colour before but were unanimously told no 

Edited by Finlay21

Inflation isn't hitting the football nearly as hard as it's hitting other things tbf. You might have moaned about paying £15 at the gate 15 years ago, but at the same time you were moaning if a pint was more than £2.50. For the first time ever in Ayr I paid more than five pounds for a pint at the Carlton at Christmas.

The top needs to be as white as possible as we always have a good season when wearing the white tops, the more dark or with the addition of stripes is like giving yourself a 15 point handicap (much the same as having McLean referree).

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Unfortunately that’s their corporate logo, not much can be done about that ,think they were asked if we could change the colour before but were unanimously told no 

Doesn't sound like a very friendly partnership!

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Just read we knocked back a bid of 250k from and English League 1 side for Dipo.

Ayr United bosses knocked back January jackpot for Dipo Akinyemi - Daily Record

Yes, that all makes sense given the length of his contract remaining, the fact of our current league position and still being in the cup and from a financial and fan "feelgood" factor, then realistically we'd probably have been looking for at least £350k to force our hand plus we'd also have needed a replacement already lined up.

Assuming we get a top 4 finish and make it through to the cup QF as a minimum, then I'm sure we'll still be able to cash in on Dipo in the Summer for at least £200k if we really want to, but if not, it would be an absolute pleasure to keep him for a further full season.

20 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Hopefully Dipo doesn’t down tools on us!  I suppose if he really wanted to go, his agent could probably have forced the issue.

He'll be wanting his goals total up to 20+ this season for the better moves in the summer . If we don't go up then he'll be off to the highest bidder in the close season . No problem with that at all ...

I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that Dipo is the type to down tools. He’ll know that the same/better moves will still be there in the summer if he continues scoring at a similar rate and fires us into the Premiership.. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve seen no evidence to suggest that Dipo is the type to down tools. He’ll know that the same/better moves will still be there in the summer if he continues scoring at a similar rate and fires us into the Premiership.. 

If he goes another couple of games without scoring though, you can absolutely guarantee that will be said of him…